PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Help

Buckrub
03-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Have a guy from another site that is trying to register here, and can't. I don't know all his roadblocks, but he said he has sent the email on the sticky to that web address. I guess that's Niner, right??? I dunno. Or is it Thump?

His attempts to register keep getting blocked.

Who do I tell him to email???

Thanks guys.

Thumper
03-24-2015, 10:59 AM
It seems like I discovered that problem a while back and I think it had something to do with our spam filters. In fact, I made the comment we'll never get any new faces around here if nobody can get in to the joint to register. I thought it was fixed ... guess not. As far as I know that addy goes to Niner ... or maybe Foo and Niner, not sure. Foo has been AWOL lately and Niner spends a lot of time between Georgia and Texas. The only other "techie" we have on our payroll is Ticboy ... maybe he can figure it out if Niner's not in town.

LJ3
03-24-2015, 01:54 PM
OK, according to the SOP that Conine created, the shields are now lowered. Let me know when he's registered and I'll raise the shields again.

No-till Boss
03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
I made it ! Thanks for the help guys !

LJ3
03-24-2015, 11:28 PM
You got it buddy! Welcome aboard! Tell us about yourself if you feel like it.

I'm Len. Junior noticer,
IT geek, photographer and fisher person and resident foul mouthed smartass.

Sunshine
03-25-2015, 12:21 AM
Welcome!
I'm one of the few woman that put up with these guys.
Im married, love fishing, shooting, camping, motorcycling and agility with my dogs.

We laugh, cry, support and get pissed at each other. Just like a normal family.

I've been around some of these yahoos since 1997.

So pull up a stump and jump into the conversations around our Internet campfire. :D

Big Muddy
03-25-2015, 01:04 AM
Welcome No-till....may as well get this outta the way....I'm the purtiest and smartest one in this honky tonk....I get my looks and brains from Thump....he's my real daddy. ;)

Since I'm accused of being a farmer from time to time, I know what "no-till" means to my profession....do you no-till, too?

Captain
03-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Welcome No-till. Glad to see you made it in the door.
We like new folks. Tell us where you from. I assume you are fixin' to start no tillin' corn and beans....
I like corn, especially liquid corn :-)

BarryBobPosthole
03-25-2015, 09:12 AM
There's some of these guys that cause the horses to start whinnying in the barn when they pull up a stump, but we don't need to go into that. What happens at the campfire stays at the campfire.

I'm the sensible one here. Welcome aboard!
BKB

Bwana
03-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Welcome No-till, pull up a stump and share a story or two.

Just thinking, though I am fully aware of what no-till means up here in God's Country, it might mean something totally different elsewhere. For instance, in Thumper's case it likely is used in the context of "No-'til you pay" when he is visiting those special adam-appled "ladies" of the orient. :)

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Glad you made it NTB. Welcome. Thanks Len, for fixing things so he could get in.

He'll probably be scared off in a matter of hours, but.........for now he's in.

No-till Boss
03-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Hi guys, I'm a rice and soybean farmer from Northeast Ar, South of Jonesboro in Poinsett County . The no-till part, is a conservaton way to farm, which basically means less tilliage. I started these practices in 1983, long before it was cool to no-till. I've been very lucky, and very fortunate, that some of my out of the box thinking about farming has worked. My crazy ideas about no-tll has lead me to being a 12 time speaker at the National Conservation tilliage Conference. I know all that sounds impressive, but actually what I've learned is, you only have to 90 miles from home to be a expert ! LOL
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 10:05 AM
An Ex is a Has-Been. A 'Spert' is a drip under pressure.

And a Consultant is an Expert from out of town.

Thumper
03-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Ha! I always thought consultants were unemployed managers.

Welcome No-Till ... once these dufes finish spewing their b/s ... simply forget everything they say and listen to me if you need the straight scoop on anything. :D

Seriously, it's good to have new blood ... these old farts are starting to get boring in their old age. :biggrin

DeputyDog
03-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Welcome aboard! I'm one of the members that represent the northern contingent around here. You can tell who we are, we don't start complaining about it being cold when it hits 50 degrees like most of our more delicate southern gents. :laughing

No-till Boss
03-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Welcome aboard! I'm one of the members that represent the northern contingent around here. You can tell who we are, we don't start complaining about it being cold when it hits 50 degrees like most of our more delicate southern gents. :laughing
I never go more than 25 miles straight North, anything above that is considered a yankee . LOL

I'm a true Southern and I believe that ice is for margarita's . LOL

HideHunter
03-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Welcome.. If you're actually interested in hunting.. bear in mind, I run over more stuff on my way to go hunting than most of these guys kill on purpose. Now, there's a couple other guys who run over a lot of stuff too. ;)

No-till Boss
03-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Welcome.. If you're actually interested in hunting.. bear in mind, I run over more stuff on my way to go hunting than most of these guys kill on purpose. Now, there's a couple other guys who run over a lot of stuff too. ;)

LOL I like that !

Big Skyz
03-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Welcome No-till Boss from Big Sky country.

Hey HH, does running over stuff count as road hunting? If so, then count me in. ;)

Arty
03-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the fray no-till!

Cards01
03-25-2015, 03:51 PM
welcome aboard