PDA

View Full Version : Concert report

Bwana
03-25-2015, 03:47 PM
Attended a concert with two other couples last night & have to say it was a good time.

Joan Jett & the Black Hearts opened. She was ok but I thought most of her songs all sounded very similar.

Heart was the main event and I think they put on a darn good show though I wish the acoustics would have been better. Miss Ann can still belt it out and Miss Nancy is still a mighty fine looking guitar player!

No-till Boss
03-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Wow, I saw Joan Jett in Memphis in like 1980ish and it's amazing how long you can ride two hit songs, and I can only remember one of them. LOL

Big Skyz
03-25-2015, 04:04 PM
When it comes to singing and guitar playing talent, they couldn't have paired two bands more far apart on the talent spectrum! Talk about opposites!!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-25-2015, 04:22 PM
My heart still throbs for Ann and Nancy Wilson.

BKB

johnboy
03-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Are you sure it's your heart that is throbbing? :D

Thumper
03-25-2015, 08:04 PM
I'll admit I liked their music, but I refused to support them back in the day. I had everything going for me and had the world by the tail when my draft lottery number was drawn (#51) and they were drafting Marines for Vietnam at the time. I walked away from everything I had going for me ... a kick-ass job/future with General Motors (Corporate), a kick-ass car, a kick-ass apartment and a smokin' hot girlfriend ... and joined the Army. About that same time, one of the dudes who started Heart (forgot his name) was in the same boat I was in, decided to dodge the draft and ran away to Canada. The rest of the gang eventually followed him and the group took off. That stuck in my craw for a while and I always refused to buy any of their records or go to a concert after I got out.

Long time ago ... different era ... but at the time, I threw them into the same category as "Cassius Clay"!

LJ3
03-26-2015, 12:06 PM
Roger Fisher

Thumper
03-26-2015, 12:09 PM
That's him! What a dickweed!

LJ3
03-26-2015, 01:50 PM
No idea what became of him these days but he used to make these cool ass guitars that looked like they were the rear fin of a 57 Chevy.