PDA

View Full Version : Well what a crappy day

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 04:51 PM
Weather is nice, but every lake and river in this state is high and muddy as Thump's brains. And I had several things I've put off and just decided to go take care of them.

First, I got to get Mama's truck tires rotated. Free where I bought tires, for life of tires. SURE, they said, we're not that busy; we can get you right in! And they did. And voila. A wheel bearing was going out. I KNEW that, I just sorta hid my head in the sand. And yes, they're friends and honest. And so I sat for hours while they did that......and boy does it ride better. Several hundred bucks!

Then I go to Walgreens. I hate Walgreens. But Walmart pharmacy is the other choice and the lines there are forty miles long. I could write three or four pages of what happened.......but I'm too ticked off and too worn out to do it. Summarize it this way..........for 11 days now, I've fought a battle between what dose of Asmanex the doctor will prescribe, vs. what my insurance will pay for, vs. what Walgreens has in stock or can get. Yesterday I blew up at them on phone and said it had been 10 days. They called back, said it was all fixed, they'd contacted my doctor and my insurance. Fine. I go to pick it up and they TAKE IT OUT OF THE SACK in front of my eyes and put it back on shelf. I ask why???!!!?? They don't know. That's absurd. I get the manager. She says it's because they were TRYING to make up a partial from last quarter's refill and that pushed the total dosage over 90 days, and insurance won't pay. I told her she OWED me 30 days worth because they were out! We haggled for almost an hour, off to the side, and she finally just gave me 30 days worth free, and filled another prescription for 90 days. Cost was several hundred dollars. Total retail price of just those two prescriptions was $1150.00, and my part was over $200.00. They keep moving my drugs up a Tier every year. Sigh. It's a freaking conspiracy. How nice it was to have good corporate group insurance.........and how fubared this mess is!!

Then........I have to go get oil changed in Mama's truck. And get her donut crumbs vacuumed out. That took another hour.

THEN, I came home and before the storms hit tonight, I got on roof and blew off a winter's worth of pine needles, and then blew off the driveway.

And now here I sit, staring out the window, and wondering what the bejeebers is up with this weather....it's going to be 37 again Friday night?? Is there no Spring???? agggh.

Other than a six hundred dollar day, and being worn out, I'm having a peach of a day! How about y'all?
:headbang

Bwana
03-25-2015, 05:00 PM
You win...or lose, whichever is correct.

Big Skyz
03-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Just curious is there literally anything you don't whine about?

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm not done.

Her truck had a cracked windshield. She didn't even know it. Amazing. Now I gotta call Safelite.

And, I don't whine a bit more than anyone else. All the above, I'm already over. I just talk, and share it with y'all. Just asking, but what is it y'all would all prefer I talk about on here?

??

Big Muddy
03-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Nekkid wimmins come to mind. ;)

Chicken Dinner
03-25-2015, 05:31 PM
I recommend some bourbon and branch water. I have to say I had a pretty good day. Spent the morning doing my Mom's taxes and she took me out to a nice lunch. Came into work for a meeting with a couple of the big wigs who really have their shit together and back their people. It's gonna be in the 20's here Sunday morning. But, that's the morning I'm headed south to soak up some sunshine for a week.

I still may sip a little bourbon tonight as a preventative measure...

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 05:32 PM
I don't honestly think it matters much what the specifics are on things I post.

BarryBobPosthole
03-25-2015, 05:38 PM
I've been rebuilding a rock deck that I did a crappy job building ten years ago and today I exercised my retired old fuck prerogative and took the day off and just puttered around like a retired old fuck. I'm finding I'm good at this!
BKB

Sunshine
03-25-2015, 05:43 PM
Bucky----on roof!!!!!!
Dang it, you be careful.
Don't want you falling off the roof!!!!

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 05:48 PM
Me either. But stuff has to be done.

Thumper
03-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Dang Buckster! Several hundred bucks for a wheel bearing??? I'm assuming they replaced the whole hub assembly and did the bearings on both sides.

I went to an estate sale and one of the things I bought was a milk glass juicer bowl (they sell like hotcakes). Brought it in the house and as I turned to lock the front door behind me, dropped the bowl and it shattered! ARRRGGGHHH!!! :banghead

I guess that's why they sell so well .... dumbasses drop 'em and break 'em! That's gonna eat into the profit on the other junk I bought. Dangit!

Got's 2 more sales tomorrow and two others on Friday .. then my vacation starts.

Buckrub
03-25-2015, 06:06 PM
$140 labor.

BarryBobPosthole
03-25-2015, 06:23 PM
I did a hub assy on a Silverado about this time last year and the part is 95 bucks. An hour tops. Bad juju if your wheel falls off.
BKB

No-till Boss
03-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Dang Buck, you have a farmers day...... LOL

Arty
03-25-2015, 06:41 PM
A hub assembly is something I've never done.... One of the few things I haven't done is probably more accurate to say.

Seems like it would be a pita... But can't be too bad if it's only an hour

johnboy
03-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Windy, rainy and cold here but we finally reached an agreement (settlement?) with the dealership that crunched the missus' RAV. Cheque is in the mail, so they tell me. I'll believe it when I cash it. What a fuckaround for something that could have been resolved in 5 minutes if they had told me the truth in the first place. Turns out it wasn't a 'hit and run' but an employee that did the damage to ours and another customers vehicle, which is what I suspected from the get go.

Thumper
03-25-2015, 07:45 PM
Yep, for "several hundred dollars" I'd have to assume they replaced the whole hub assembly. If it was simply a wheel bearing ... somebody got robbed! BTW Buckster, next time you "know" mama's car has a bad wheel bearing, DO NOT "bury your head in the sand"! You do know what happens if you ignore it, don't you? :hair

Good for you Johnboy! It's a small victory but better than the alternative. Just knowing the car has been damaged/repaired is the crappiest part of the whole deal.

BarryBobPosthole
03-25-2015, 07:54 PM
Artie, YouTube it. Can of corn.

BKB

Captain
03-26-2015, 06:57 AM
Artie, YouTube it. Can of corn. BKB
Why would Arty need to YouTube a "can of corn" dde09

Arty
03-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Why would Arty need to YouTube a "can of corn" dde09

LOL.