PDA

View Full Version : They took my idea.

jb
03-26-2015, 08:34 AM
As a boat owner, how often have you thought about this idea, I can honestly say I've run this idea through my head for over 25 years , but always using the boat engine as the power source. Not sure how they power it, but it steers with the boats steering wheel.
Ugly, but it looks like it works.
Being a noticer, looks like this was filmed in Canada or Europe.
http://videos2view.net/fishing-boat.htm

Big Muddy
03-26-2015, 08:51 AM
My first thought is, I'd pay big money for a ring-side seat, just to watch Buckney try to operate it. ;)

Looks like electric motors on each of the wheels....flip a switch to transfer elec. power between the wheels and outboard motor to the steering wheel....need lots of battery power on board....smart guy, for sure.

Terrific idea, btw, if you're fishing right behind your house....otherwise, I doubt it'd be street-legal.

Captain
03-26-2015, 09:56 AM
That would probably work real good up there in Yankeeland where Yall got all good gravel and concrete around the boat launching areas. But down my way that thing would sink in the mud 40 yards from any impoundment :)

Big Skyz
03-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Pretty cool boat. Would solve that backing a trailer issue for a lot of people.

Thumper
03-26-2015, 11:32 AM
I think somebody here posted that same video a couple years ago. I ran the video back and forth a few times and they don't really zero in on the powerplant, but I'm guessing there's a small gas engine (looks like one in the bow) that runs a hydraulic pump. Being the Jr. Wannabe Noticer that I am, I can hear a gas motor running as they come down the launch ramp and there are hydraulic lines running down to the front wheel hub (and possibly the rears also). I assume hydraulics run the "landing gear" set-up as well as supply power to the wheel(s).

No-till Boss
03-26-2015, 12:47 PM
Big Sky, what kind of grinnell is that in your Ava ?

Big Skyz
03-26-2015, 01:18 PM
What is a "grenal", is that a Southern word?

Big Muddy
03-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Sky, I'm pretty sure ole No-tiller is jokingly dissing your fish pic, by calling it a grinnel/bowfin/mudfish ;););)

They are some nasty mofo's, even by southern standards !!!! ;)

quercus alba
03-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Grinnel eats pretty good if you know how to fix it.

Big Muddy
03-26-2015, 01:58 PM
Yep, like the old saying goes, "Bake it 'tween two cypress boards, throw out the grinnel, and eat the boards." ;)

No-till Boss
03-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Sky, I'm pretty sure ole No-tiller is jokingly dissing your fish pic, by calling it a grinnel/bowfin/mudfish ;););)

They are some nasty mofo's, even by southern standards !!!! ;)

Yup, you caught me..... :smile-new::smile-new::smile-new:

Big Skyz
03-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the translation. Glad we don't have those ugly things around here.

BarryBobPosthole
03-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Dogfish up north.

BKB