PDA

View Full Version : Super cool estate sale find!

Thumper
03-26-2015, 11:57 AM
I hit a couple of estate sales this morning and have another this afternoon. I spent a whopping $31.00 total and should be able to turn it into an easy $450-$500! Not a bad morning. ;)

I won't bore you with the other stuff, but sometimes I dig up something I think is cool. I was out digging through a bunch of nasty, dirty and super dusty junk in the big pole barn behind the house. (I love tons of dust because it means nobody has been there for quite a while) Anyway, one of the neatest things I dug out from a pile of crap was this old brass firehose nozzel. It's dated 1950 ... but I won't go into details as I'm going to be listing it on The Bay and don't want someone stumbling across this post while doing research.

Anyway, I dragged it out'ta the barn and asked the guy how much he wanted. He asked if I'd give $5 for it and I jumped on it, then didn't even research it until I got home. Looks like it'll bring $125-$150! Dang, I hated paying a whole $5 for something, but I couldn't resist! This thing is neat. ;)

4561 4562 4563

Captain
03-26-2015, 12:21 PM
I have one just exactly like that. Not two weeks ago I was gonna throw it in the scrap metal pile and a friend of mine told me he could sell it easy for a couple hundred bucks.
He gave me a hundred bucks for it and I was glad to see it go.

Thumper
03-26-2015, 12:23 PM
ARRRRGGGGHHHH! I'd have given you $5.00!!!! ;)

Captain
03-26-2015, 12:30 PM
That would have been fine. Just 95 bucks shipping. :-)

Big Muddy
03-26-2015, 01:33 PM
Heck, that thing has $20 worth of brass in it....good find, Thump.

Thumper
03-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Man, I whooped! I hit four sales today and just walked back in the house ... plus I just realized, I forgot to eat lunch! Dang!

Gonna grab a bite and get some chores done ... then have 2-3 sales to hit in the morning. After that ... it's vacation time! :D

DeputyDog
03-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Firemen go nuts over those things. I don't think I've been inside a fireman's house that doesn't have something like that polished up sitting on a shelf.