PDA

View Full Version : Another credit card compromised

Buckrub
03-27-2015, 10:11 AM
At least it was Cabela's, who is the best service....... I get Fraud Alert texts saying what the charges are and can text back Y or N if they are fraud.

New card in a week.

I don't see why some of these are never prosecuted, or attempted. I asked her that, and she said they never are. Basically they are immune from getting caught...........

oh well. Minor inconvenience.

jb
03-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Cabela's did the same for me last year on a charge a little over $100.
Now my wifes CC Company never called to check on a Fraud Alert for $5,200 airline tickets to Europe.
She caught it on her monthly statement, very little hassle to get it removed, but still pissed her off.

LJ3
03-27-2015, 11:57 AM
It's the new normal, Bucky. Now the industry remedies have shifted from prevention to remediation.

Chicken Dinner
03-27-2015, 12:37 PM
My Amex got hacked about a month ago. I get notifications on my phone every time a charge hits and I saw a notification for a weird charge and didn't have time to deal with it that second. By the time I got home I had a text and a voicemail from them to call. Basically, I think they figured I couldn't be using my card at two grocery stores 20 miles apart at the same time. They had a new card overnighted to me that day.