PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the sweet sweet irony....

Big Muddy
03-30-2015, 10:45 AM
I'll make this short and sweet....14 yo g'son's baseball tourney, Sat. and Sun....they played their way thru the 5 game bracket without a loss, and made it to the championship game, against a tough team, last night.

Score 0-0 in the 6th inning, they have a man on third with two outs....they hit a fly ball between center and right field....both our outfielders could make the catch, when their 1st base coach screams out at the top of his lungs,
"MY BALL, MY BALL, I GOT IT.!!!"

Both of our outfielders heard it, and they both just froze, thinking the other had been called off the catch....ball hits the ground between them, and runner scores....we protest, but ump said it was "legal baseball chatter"....next batter strikes out, but they lead 1-0.

We tie it up at 1-1, in the bottom of the final inning....2 outs, we have a man on third, and my g'son comes to bat....count is 3-2, and he hits a wicked curve ball about 150 feet, straight up into the air, between 1st and 2nd base....both their infielders are jockeying to make the catch, when OUR first base coach screams out, "MY BALL, MY BALL, I GOT IT!!!"

Both of them freeze, ball hits ground between them, our runner on third scores....WE WIN 2-1 !!!

Captain
03-30-2015, 11:35 AM
Now THAT is sweet.
I bet the other coach was Pisssssssssssed

Buckrub
03-30-2015, 12:33 PM
You shoulda punched him.

Big Muddy
03-30-2015, 01:08 PM
Nah, Bucky, I'm just one of the grand-daddys out there, now....I'll leave that to the avid parents....my punching days are over, unless somebody messes with my g'kids. ;)

Which reminds me, we did have one small non-baseball-related-fisticuff....some little kids were tossing dirt clods at each other, outside the ball fields, and a little sambo got nailed up side the head....about three drops of blood oozed forth, and he squalled like a banshee on crack.

His daddy ran out there, and asked who threw the dirt clod, and the kid pointed toward a little non-sambo kid....the daddy grabbed the kid by his arms, and proceeded to shake and scold him....wrong move!!!

The non-sambo kid's father saw it, and intervened....he was about 6'5", and with one well-placed bitch-slap, he grabbed his kid away, and sambo-daddy ended up against the bottom of the chain link fence....sambo-daddy jumps to his feet, and screams, "I'm gonna sue you, and the whole park commission!!!"....'nuf said.

LJ3
03-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Sounds about like Travel Softball. No shortage of adult behavior to teach our kids how NOT to behave. Entertainment abounds!

You oughta see what a bleacher full of inbred appalachian west virginia redneck softball parents & their coaches are capable of. Never seen or heard anything like it. It's god awful embarrassing to even witness. I'm not hammering WV alone, it's just that they're the worst I've seen and I've seen quite a few states represented.

Bwana
03-30-2015, 03:08 PM
BM, sounds like the other team was properly schooled on the idea of karma.

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2015, 03:12 PM
Amen Sunshine. my thoughts exactly.

BKB

No-till Boss
03-30-2015, 07:12 PM
I coached my daughters softball team for 6 years. I never got used to all the parent chatter and I was shocked the first time that I got screamed at by a parent during a tee-ball game. Don't get me wrong, it was one of the best times of my life, but there is a lot of parent that never need to thier kids ball games......sad !