PDA

View Full Version : Len? Niner? Foo? People that know stuff???

Captain
04-02-2015, 04:28 PM
If yall remember "Nandy" he just text me and cannot get into the site? The image verification code thingy ain't working.

I've had a couple of folks try to sign up and cannot for the same reason. Here what he says.

"Wow, ha! Since turkey season started and every year it reminds me of you so I tried to check if that old website was still on and it was but it won't let me register. The image verification script is not working. Let whoever is managing it know. I could not even email them because it uses the image thing for that too. Hope you bagged a big one already. Wow, this was long... lol!" Is there anyway to fix it so folks could register?

Buckrub
04-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Len fixed it so No-Till could join. He's magic. I bet he can let old Nandy in! Man..........he must be old by now! :rockon

Captain
04-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I think Len just unlocked the door so NoTill could get in and then locked it back. Seems to me we are missing people trying to get in because they cannot register NOR email anyone to get help because the image thingy ain't working. At all....

LJ3
04-02-2015, 09:51 PM
I'll unlock it again. Gimme 5 minutes!

LJ3
04-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Done and done. Come on in Nandy!

Captain
04-03-2015, 05:34 AM
I text him this morning and told him but it was like 5:15 AM. Don't know if he will see it. I'll text him later at a more yuppie hour...

LJ3
04-03-2015, 08:00 AM
He registered. Along with 25 Russian fucks. There's GOT to be a better way to do this.

Captain
04-03-2015, 08:03 AM
If the image verification worked would that stop some of those spammers????

LJ3
04-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I think so. I don't really have time to figure it out, though. If people can't register at all, we have work to do. If it was a quick fix I'd try to knock it out but I don't think it is.

BarryBobPosthole
04-03-2015, 09:58 AM
I kind of like the door closed. Maybe we just put something up that says all new memberships must be 'sponsored' and put an email addy we can check once in a while. If somebody will write out the step by step instructipns, I will volunteer to help keep an eye on it. Prolly work best if we keep its to the folks we have npw with powers though.

BKB

Captain
04-03-2015, 10:15 AM
I like the heck out of Barry idea. Put up a email for folks that want to join to be screened by Posthole.

Captain
04-03-2015, 10:16 AM
If Nandy had not still had my cell number there would have been no way for him to get here. Currently unless someone knows a member like NoTill did they cannot register.

Arty
04-03-2015, 10:19 AM
Agree we need to do something.... Besides the 25 "Russian fucks" (is that anything like a Russian mail order bride?) we need it be be easier than someone having to contact a present member to get access. If it weren't for Bucky then No-till wouldn't be here and if it weren't for Cappy then Nandy wouldn't be back in.
That's crazy

Arty
04-03-2015, 10:20 AM
If Nandy had not still had my cell number there would have been no way for him to get here. Currently unless someone knows a member like NoTill did they cannot register.
You was postin while I was postin!

Captain
04-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Brilliant minds think alike

LJ3
04-03-2015, 10:34 AM
You guys make such a cute couple :friday

Captain
04-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Now Sunny....

BarryBobPosthole
04-03-2015, 11:01 AM
They're riflin' through our sock drawer as we speak.

BKB

LJ3
04-03-2015, 11:16 AM
I deleted all their registration accounts. None of them were accepted. Total was 31 russkies and Nandy.

DeputyDog
04-03-2015, 11:38 AM
Hey, we shouldn't be descriminating against "Ruskies" no matter what our personal opinions of them are.

This is only because I'm from Indiana and everyone that lives here has been told a lot recently that apparently certain groups civil rights are more important than those of other groups. :stirthepot

Captain
04-03-2015, 12:11 PM
They been telling us that crap in the South for years.... Welcome

Niner
04-03-2015, 04:28 PM
That's one of the things I just ain't never been able to iron out on this thing. Leave only the single CAPTCHA up and every commie and their comrade trys to register and it takes hours sometimes to clean the crap up.

.....Turn the second CAPTCHCA on and the danged POPE couldn't even get through here.

I don't know what the answer is.........and lately I've had a lot on my plate.....if ya know what I mean.

I KNOW there has to be a fairly simple answer.....look at how many boards are using this software and have no problems getting users registered. If I was smarter, I'd have figgered it out long ago.

LJ3
04-03-2015, 05:29 PM
If I was smarter, I'd have figgered it out long ago.

You and me both, buddy!

Buckrub
04-03-2015, 05:56 PM
SO glad I sold this site.

To someone. Some time ago. I think. Possibly. For close to zero cents. Or thereabouts.

SO glad y'all smart suckers are dealing with it...........not cause I wouldn't try and help, but hey....I'm about as smart as Mudbug about this stuff! Y'all are doin' real good. Push it REAL good!

Nandy
04-03-2015, 07:17 PM
HONEY IM HOME!!!!!!!! :wave

There are a few websites that you can register but the registration will not be activated until a Admin or Moderator has seen the registration....

Thanks Larke!

Thanks everyone else for allowing this crazy Puertorican in...

Yup, Im old, started needing bifocals last year....

More later....

BarryBobPosthole
04-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Welcome back Nandy! Catch us up!

BKB

Buckrub
04-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Hey bro! Muy Bueno 2 C ya!

Nandy
04-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the welcoming y'all! Been busy, will start catching up this week.

Thumper
04-11-2015, 07:27 PM
We really do need to get it figured out. It's bad enough new people can't get in to join the group, but even old members who got sidelined and have tried to come back get locked out. I've been locked out myself at one point (can't remembre how it happened). There has to be something we're doing wrong ... but I'll admit, I'm clueless about the technical end of things like this.