PDA

View Full Version : Almost sping

jb
04-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Last two days have been in the 50's, today we even had a nice rain shower. I thought for sure it would melt the last little bit of snow in my yard, but I still have a small pile on the north side of the house, maybe another week.
I did get a chance to clean the leaves and crap off my deck today, and fired up the grill that the wife is cooking burgers on as I type.
Cold weekend coming up with highs back in the 30's but no snow is forecast.
Trap season opens a week from Sunday, so that will help bring on summer.
Bimmer is still in the barn, maybe another month for that.

BarryBobPosthole
04-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Waxwings showed up today. Five years ago to the day they showed up too. Spring is here, here.

BKB

No-till Boss
04-02-2015, 05:52 PM
It snowed for 5 hours here last Saturday and I got sunburned Monday, Spring has to be closer....

Buckrub
04-02-2015, 06:23 PM
I got sunburned Tuesday. It is seasonable today. Rain coming next whole week. Spring has sprung. If it snows again, I'm moving to Guadalcanal.

DeputyDog
04-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Drove past a vernal pond in a woods last evening and could hear the frogs with the windows up. That is a sure sign of spring.

Big Muddy
04-02-2015, 08:18 PM
Yep, spring is nigh....those big red wasp males are fighting like all get out, here....bet I've killed 50 pairs of them, in just the last few days....they get all twisted up, and wallow around on the ground....real easy to stomp and kill two at a time.

BarryBobPosthole
04-02-2015, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=DeputyDog;55579]Drove past a vernal pond in a woods last evening and could hear the frogs with the windows up. That is a sure sign of spring.[/QUOTE

When I was a youngster and we'd hear the spring peepers early my Choctaw grandma would always say 'They'll be singing behind glass windows soon!'.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Sunny and 80 here in Florida today! (Jim's on a cruise do somebody had to say it.)

Thumper
04-11-2015, 08:14 PM
Never been seasick in my life (knock on wood).

The whole cruise, no matter where we were, was sunny and mid-70's with beautiful sea breezes. We couldn't have custom-ordered nicer weather!