PDA

View Full Version : Vicarious Thump Curmudgen-ness

Buckrub
04-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Thump always calls me a Curmudgeon, no matter what I say........and then he turns around and gripes about some bozo on Ebay doing something to him that's stupid. SO, since he's gone, and in his honor.

I sold some Rapid Release Rod Holders I had on my boat, via Ebay. They didn't go for a lot, but ok. Some guy won the bid at the last minute, had not bid before that. Fine.

I wait on his payment. I wait 3 days (the max). I wait 4 days. Nothing. I send an invoice. Nothing. I send an email. Nothing. I open a Ticket to get Ebay involved. Finally I sent the runner-up bidder a notice that I might be able to offer the product to him if this guy never pays. He said fine.

Last night late, I get an Ebay email, or response, from the guy who was the winning bidder. He said, and I paraphrase "I'm out of the country. I'm a teacher and I'm on spring break. I forgot I bid on those right before I left. I'll be back 04/06 if you can wait".

I have not answered him. I'm trying to be nice. But I sure hope he doesn't teach Ethics.

I'll probably wait on him and ship when he pays. I ain't in a hurry. But some folks........I guess it always amazes me, but people are the strangest folks!

Arty
04-04-2015, 11:32 AM
If he can respond to an email then he can click on "pay here with paypal".
Regardless of where he's at.

I sold an iPhone about 2 months ago on eBay. Guy paid immediately and I shipped it the next day.
Delivery confirmation 2 days after that. All is fine. Several WEEKS later the guy emails me and tells me I sold him a stolen phone and he wants his money back. I responded "BS" that it was my personal phone and the only person that would report it stolen would have been me, and I of course hadn't done so. He emails back insisting that Verizon says its stolen, etc and we back and forth 3-4 times. I had the IMEI number (or EIMI, whatever it's called), I ran it through some site that verified it was not stolen.
THEN I get the bright idea to start sending my messages to him through eBay, sorta as proof to eBay of the communication, cause I thought he was gonna file a dispute or request refund.

The very next message from him (he responded through eBay message) was "thanks for unlocking the phone it works now"

I've no idea what he was trying to pull. I think he thought he was dealing with someone that would just say "ok here's your money back" and then he'd keep the phone.

So yeah, there's a whole variety of hucksters and shufflers out there on the interweb.

Buckrub
04-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Yep. He was a player.

And I agree. I figure Ebay sent him a scalding email, and he finally responded to that. I don't know. I guess I will wait till Monday night and if he hasn't paid, email him and say "Welcome home, Loser. You lose." The difference in next bidder down was one dollar!

Just ticked me off. "I forgot I bid". Well duh. How stupid are you to be a teacher?

Buckrub
04-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Well, I am officially a Curmudgeon.

it's the 6th, so I just sent this guy an Ebay message and said I'd allow selling to him if I got payment by today. BUT, please do not bid on anything else I sell!

Thumper
04-11-2015, 07:20 PM
Hey! I bitch about ONE transaction out of thousands ... and you automatically induct me into your "Club Curmudgeon"?? ;)

Bucky, there are sites you can sign up for that will do "sniper" bidding. You insert the highest bid you'll allow and the site will automatically bid for you at the last second. He legitamately could have forgotten he bid on your item. I've done the same before but contacted the seller to let him know I'd be out of the country when his auction closes. I ask if it was ok to pay once I return IF I won the auction. It can happen, but that doesn't make it right.