PDA

View Full Version : Winch Question

Buckrub
04-04-2015, 11:19 AM
I've always owned Warn winches. Never had a problem, but honestly, I don't use my winch that much. More to pull up a deer stand and stuff like that, than pulling me out of mud.

Question came to me.......is KFI better than Warn? One guy at a local dealer here said it was WAY better. Sorta stunned me. He said Warn has gone downhill and KFI has all metal, yada yada. Is he blowing smoke?

Another guy told me Mile Marker winches are best........but not sure they make them for ATV's.

I'm asking for a friend. Thought maybe y'all would know.

Thanks.

P.S.
The KFI I find online is less than half price of a comparable Warn. I realize that is not 100% meaningful, but usually anything that much cheaper, is less quality. Makes me wonder.

Buckrub
04-04-2015, 11:46 AM
Geez.

Now another guy said this one was bulletproof!
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-Winch-Accessories/PE4500-Electric-Winch.aspx?t_c=18&t_s=299&t_pt=100701&t_pn=MIL76-50115B#ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_pDetail_productSp ecs

Thumper
04-11-2015, 08:05 PM
Question came to me.......is KFI better than Warn? One guy at a local dealer here said it was WAY better.

No clue as I haven't kept up with the market for many years. BUT .... does that dealer happen to carry KFI winches AND Warn? If so, my guess is KFI has a killer kick-back program or higher profit margin ... OR they don't carry Warn.

Buckrub
04-11-2015, 09:05 PM
That dealer is no longer in the running, and I opted for a Warn.