PDA

View Full Version : Well we're old enough to vote

jb
04-05-2015, 04:55 PM
It was 18 years ago this month that this motley crew of misfits got kicked off AO and started it's own blended family here.
I still had 5 years to go before I retired, and this site made those last five years go by much quicker, thank you.
So Happy Birthday GH, may we lift a jar of cherry juice and continue to get along, have fun and spend time together for many years to come:occasion,

BarryBobPosthole
04-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Dad gum right, Bubba! And a Hooty Hoot from me too!

Can't do without my daily GH fix!

BKB

Buckrub
04-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Lots of memories. Sure appreciate meeting the ones I've met. Hope to do it all over again, at least once more.

Big Skyz
04-05-2015, 07:15 PM
I have met "in person" more people from this site than all the other sites I visit combined. There hasn't been one bad apple in the bunch.

Bwana
04-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Wasn't there right from the get-go but not too long thereafter. Sure am glad I found this place as it is definitely something special.

Buckrub
04-05-2015, 10:36 PM
I have met "in person" more people from this site than all the other sites I visit combined. There hasn't been one bad apple in the bunch.

Yet.

:lmao

quercus alba
04-05-2015, 11:03 PM
I've met Bert and that's it.

Captain
04-06-2015, 06:58 AM
Let's see. I've met; Thumper, JB, Gator, Booger, Archer, Conine, Big Sky, Bwana, Deputy Dog, Hotshot, Chicken Dinner, LJ, Egghead, Outdoor Diva, Bucky, Posthole, Bubbles, Hard Rock, Bert, Arty, Nandy, Sunshine, Penguin.
I've talked to many others by phone many times like Mauserman and TeeDub. But never had the pleasure of meeting them.
It sure has been a neat site.

Maybe others but that's all my mind will allow me to remember this early in the morning.

Buckrub
04-06-2015, 08:51 AM
Uh oh. Now you have me thinking. NO way I'll do this right.

Kribbs, Len, Bubbles, Chessie, Cappy, Posthole, Herb, Major Point, Birddog, Cliff (probably why he left us!), Trav, Bassdog, Johnboy, TeeDub, Niner, Bert, Bwana, Gus, Conine, and JB. My favorite was/is..all of 'em.

There's a lot on here I still want to meet, badly. Not sure I have enough money to pay 'em to meet me, but maybe I could afford a few! And a lot I'd like to spend time with again.

BarryBobPosthole
04-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Y'all don't forget old poopy pants!

BKB

jb
04-06-2015, 09:15 AM
All good people !!!
4617461846194620462146224623462446254626http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/jbmich/IMG_2868.jpg

Chicken Dinner
04-06-2015, 10:24 AM
Whose that real young looking good lookin' fella in the 4th picture?

jb
04-06-2015, 12:55 PM
That's Archer, ran into him and his former wife at the NWTF show in Nashville.

quercus alba
04-06-2015, 03:52 PM
lots of fugliness going on here. I might want to rethink meeting more of youse guys

LJ3
04-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Wow... If someone asked me how long it's been I would have been WAY off :) It sure doesn't seem that long!

Arty
04-06-2015, 09:21 PM
yall are all old folks...and fugly! Damn!

I've only been around since November of 2000.

I have met 5 of the fine people here. In order:

Big Boy (bought his tree lounge tree stand and had lunch with him down in the ghetto part of Maryland.

Bwana, in line at Disney World... Can't remember the ride. I have a pic of that somewhere. Talk about a CHANCE meeting.

Cappy. The meanest ornery guy anyone could ever dream of.

Hank. Seems like a real nice dude but his taste in vehicles is sub par. He drives something that resembles a truck, but it says "Yota" or some sort on the back... So I know it's not a truck.

And Niner. Luckiest man alive. If you met his pretty wife you'd know exactly what I mean.

LJ3
04-06-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm going to invade you eventually Arty... I have surf fishing gear and directions to Captain Georges buffet :)

Arty
04-06-2015, 09:36 PM
Come on down. Got an extry bedroom and plenty of towels. In case you need lots of towels.

Sandbridge beach is just a couple of weeks from getting a major pounding from me. Imma grow out my beard and get a tan so dark that somebody gonna mistake me for a fat lumpy bin laden. (That look seems to be the key to successful surf fishing)

Captain
04-07-2015, 06:54 AM
I'm going to invade you eventually Arty... I have surf fishing gear and directions to Captain Georges buffet :)

Ah Len, they don't bite senkos in the surf! 😜

Bwana
04-07-2015, 01:59 PM
The list of folks I've met is something like this:
Big Sky, Greenhorn, jb, Captain, Arty, Bucky, Hombre, & Trav.

Have conversed with a number of others as well but to date have not gotten a chance to meet in person but sure hope I do.

Chicken Dinner
04-07-2015, 02:20 PM
Hank. Seems like a real nice dude but his taste in vehicles is sub par. He drives something that resembles a truck, but it says "Yota" or some sort on the back... So I know it's not a truck.

This from a guy who has to ask his wife if he can borrow her truck so he can go hunting. Jeesh!

LJ3
04-07-2015, 03:38 PM
^^^BOOM! One for the rice burner boys!

DeputyDog
04-07-2015, 03:54 PM
I've been lucky enough to meet a few, Hotshot, Major Point, JB, and Cappy. Chicken Dinner and I tried to get together when both of us were in Minneapolis last year for work, but couldn't get our schedules to match up.

Nandy
04-07-2015, 04:32 PM
I have only met cappy and Niner. I missed JB when he came down to hunt with Larke. There was a lady in the group that came to the carolinas and I missed her but talked to her on the phone. I think I talked to Helen husband one time I was having problems with my pc. Talked to Mauserman a few times too, is he still living in NC? I know he had plans to move and I think he did... Talked on the phone with Jeff and his then wife... Oh, do you guys remember that big hawg hunt y'all did, it was around 2000, I wanted to go but was not sure. I think Jeff stuck a pig that hunt.... I talked to Birddog and planned a bird hunt that never happened... Cant recall anyone else...

LJ3
04-07-2015, 04:54 PM
MauserMan passed away a good bit ago. I think it's been like 7 years or so? TeeDub, the WhiskeyJack also passed away. Jimbo died 9 times but they kept bringing his ugly butt back. Bucky had a very close brush with death but his wife made him stay here on earth for a while longer.

Nandy
04-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Man, hate to hear that about both of them. Good people, I am so sorry I was not here during that time....

Arty
04-08-2015, 08:54 AM
This from a guy who has to ask his wife if he can borrow her truck so he can go hunting. Jeesh!

Psshh.
I'm the KING of my castle.

When she's not home.

LJ3
04-08-2015, 10:35 AM
And if I may gloat for a moment...

www.alloutdoors.com

Which variant of web presence seems to have persevered? :)

Thumper
04-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Oh man, I've met a TON of youse dufes and think the list of whom I have NOT met, would be about the same length as the one of whom I HAVE met.

I was thinking we might want to make a "Memorial" page here someday. I often wonder about the people who used to be regulars and then seemed to fall off the face of the earth. If someone became ill and passed away, we may never know about it.

I had the pleasure of meeting Gator, Bassdog, Mauserman and TW ... all who have since left us (I hope I didn't leave anyone out) and there have been close calls among us as well as some who are still battling illness. We are aging as a group and certainly not getting any younger. Time flies! Heck, I remember when Cappy was a lowly lieutenant ... and now he's a retarded Police Chief ... errrr, I mean, RETIRED ... yeah, that's it!