PDA

View Full Version : In my future,

Buckrub
04-09-2015, 07:32 PM
it now appears that one of these exist:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/29292/Buyers-Guide-Specifications/2015-Kawasaki-Teryx-Camo.aspx

Long story........it's a one time 'windfall' and the wife has been ticked for years that she has no semi-comfortable machine to look over 'her' farm. Plus, I'm old, and that wheely is getting to be a problem mechanically, and comfort wise. So............I have lost my entire mind...........and with a whopping $325 in savings, here I go.......

Maybe late next week. All depends.........

No-till Boss
04-09-2015, 07:50 PM
I think you will enjoy much !

LJ3
04-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Hell yeah Bucky! Git-r-done!

Bwana
04-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Let the good times roll!

Fido
04-10-2015, 09:54 AM
That is one nice hot rod! Been thinking about getting one myself.

Buckrub
04-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Thanks.
Tired of researching. They don't make a perfect one, so........ I have been on the online User's Group for every one of 'em, bugging them with questions........for months. Drove one a neighbor owns, and grilled him extensively. This is the one came out slightly ahead. Local dealer has 'em, but he won't deal much. Found a dealer in Little Rock that will, and has been great to work with, and so............ here I go.

Thumper
04-11-2015, 04:08 PM
For a "broke" guy ... you sure have a lot of pricey toys. Is there sumpin' you ain't been tellin' us?

Buckrub
04-11-2015, 04:35 PM
I have $300 in savings. I don't think I've told you that. :occasion

This is almost a Thump story.

When wife inherited the farm, that was my first foray into income without withholding. Still, I understand basic taxes and 1040's and did my own for 35 years. But boy did I mess up. Maybe you remember me yammering about having to pay, for first time in my life. Well, Uncle Sam doesn't just allow you to be short X dollars and pay X dollars! Oh no!!! He wants his X dollars now (April 15) and he assumes you're stupid enough to do this again next year, so he wants 1/4 of X every quarter as withholding, called quarterly payments, and he wants payment #1 RIGHT NOW. So if you owe, you owe 125% of what you owe, and another 25% every quarter till next April!!!

SO I did that. But I thought I fixed it and upped my withholding.

Nope! Not fixed! Still didn't withhold enough, so another year I had to pay, PLUS pay quarterly again.

So, last year I said ENOUGH! And I went nuts and reduced our income by 1/3 or so, and upped the withholding on SS, all pensions, etc etc. Now comes Tax Time, and voila. I went overboard the other way!

So, I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to get this thing........I got almost enough refund, plus a decent trade in on my King Quad, to get this. Wife is actually pushing me to do it, since she fusses nonstop about being unable to ride around 'her' farm! She's a country girl, but she is 65 and not much on a four wheeler. She has wanted a side by side more than I have.

And so.........we are spending 110% of our windfall, and getting one, and not looking back.

This is how you've taught me to live, isn't it O' Great Thump Who Took A Cruise??????????????????????? :bj

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
If I come see you can I drive it?

BKB

Buckrub
04-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Yes, but no pictures.

Thumper
04-11-2015, 05:27 PM
This is how you've taught me to live, isn't it O' Great Thump Who Took A Cruise??????????????????????? :bj

And you're a good student! ;)

I nixed the idea of a new truck for the cruise ... hope it's a while before I get the "I wants" again. I just have a hard time passing up that "new car smell". :(