PDA

View Full Version : Just yesterday I bought this kid a scooby doo fishing pole

Arty
04-09-2015, 08:26 PM
And today... He's off for his first day of work.

I swear 16 1/2 years went by in a weekend.

My oldest landed his self a job at Sonic....now he can buy his own gas and whatnot.

This morning he and I went down to the credit union and we opened him up a new checking account for his direct deposit. He thought he was big stuff telling the bank clerk that he needed a new account because "I start a new job today and my manager said I have to set up direct deposit"

I'm hoping above all that I can use his employee discount for some of those ched-r-peppers.

How big an ole boy are ya'?

Chicken Dinner
04-09-2015, 08:37 PM
That's so cool. Sure wish I had a sonic near me.

Buckrub
04-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Good job, RT. Good job.

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Little known Sonic secret. They make the best onion rings in the universe. The reason they're so good is they use soft serve ice cream mix as the batter.

Its awesome to see our progeny do stuff the right way. It means you've done a lot of shit the right way, pard. For that, I raise a glass to you, Pops.

BKB

LJ3
04-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Nice job buddy but don't let posthole's comments go to your head. He'll raise a glass to his dogs behind these days if he can see it from his sofa :)

Nandy
04-09-2015, 09:59 PM
good job to the kiddo and the parents!!

BarryBobPosthole
04-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Nice job buddy but don't let posthole's comments go to your head. He'll raise a glass to his dogs behind these days if he can see it from his sofa :)

bite me. And bite that horse you rode in on too.
BKB

LJ3
04-09-2015, 10:32 PM
I speak from the heart, and from a place of profound envy :)

Captain
04-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Congrats. Seems like only yesterday that boy was running around the SC farm shooting stuff.....

Bwana
04-10-2015, 09:37 AM
Congrats to the young-un for taking the initiative!

Thumper
04-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Doesn't he know if he sits around on the porch doing nothing all day, Obama will make that direct deposit for him?

Congrats on raising one the RIGHT way ... for the rest of his life he'll be able to look back and say, "My first real job was at Sonic"! My sister and BIL are multi-millionaires (literally) and both worked together at KFC back in their h/s days.