PDA

View Full Version : It Still Happens

BarryBobPosthole
04-10-2015, 06:18 AM
Birddog and I are going to fish today at a little lake over by where LW lives. We aren't meeting to leave until 8:00 because the temp dropped into the 40's last night and it don't make much sense to get all layered up to fish for a few hours and then end up in shorts and flip flop weather by midday. Oklahoma weather. Go figure. But the old brain kicked in and woke me up at 4:30 and after fighting it for a half hour I just got up and made coffee and say screw it. I still get excited about going fishing the same way I did when I was ten. I still think I'm going to catch a ten pounder and the thought of it makes it hard to go to sleep and harder still to stay there.
Maybe that's why we drink! Never thought of it that way.

BKB

Captain
04-10-2015, 06:42 AM
I hope you spank that old 10 pounders ass today!
We won't ever SEE a picture of it but I hope you get her none the less. :D

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Good luck. I've got the day off and am supposed to be heading to the mountains for a little trout fishing (and a lot of whiskey drinking this weekend.). Of course, I ended up having the plumber here until 10pm last night and they're talking about ripping out the wall in my kitchen so they can replace my 70 year old main stack. Is it wrong to secretly wish the plumber and carpenter can't get here until Monday? Is it wrong to bail on my lovely bride and leave her here all weekend with no water in the kitchen? WWBBPD?

LJ3
04-10-2015, 09:20 AM
He already did it... he done gone fishin'... so there you have your answer!

Captain
04-10-2015, 09:20 AM
He would go fishing, and Likker drinking.

Captain
04-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Looks like LJ and I was typing and thinking the same thing....

Bwana
04-10-2015, 09:39 AM
No fishing for me...turkey season opens tomorrow!

Buckrub
04-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Hammer him, man. I hear we had a Fishing Forum once.

BarryBobPosthole
04-10-2015, 07:35 PM
A full dang day fer sure. The lake we went to (over in LW's neck of
God's country). We drove from the edge of the prairie to the edge of the
Ozarks. Big hardwood timber, clear water, and an easy ramp and lake to get around. A beautiful plu-perfect blue bird sky day with redbuds and dogwoods blooming in the understory. Water temps in the mid 60's and air temps a frosty 46 when we unloaded. Hoodies were off by 10 am though and it got to about 68 with little to no wind. All this perfection and it was damn hard work to turn a fish. We probably caught a dozen between them two of us with nothing too big. Keith had one that'd go over three but he quick released it by the boat so no stimk on his hamds and no pics.

I'd do it again tomorrow if I had the chance even knowing how tough the fishing was.

A good day in church today.

BKB

LJ3
04-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Amen!

Chicken Dinner
04-10-2015, 11:47 PM
Preach.

LW
04-11-2015, 01:02 AM
What lake did you fish?

Captain
04-11-2015, 05:04 AM
Finally a Preacher I can understand.

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2015, 09:15 AM
LW, we were at Spavinaw.

Could sure use some pointers!

BKB

Buckrub
04-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Fish a Texas rig plastic worm on the bottom on the points where the southern creeks feed into the main lake.......

You're welcome.

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Did that. Even tried a grape colored worm with a powder blue tail, what me and Mallard Fillmore nicknamed a 'Sardis worm' for how well it worked on that lake of course. We also tried Carolina rigged worms and craws, plastic stickbaits Kinamis and Senkos in a bunch of different colors and actions, small grubs, crappie jigs of every size and color of the rainbow, spinnerbaits, crankbaits, about everything but DuPont. We also fished the backs of coves, the sides, the points of 'em, deep water, timber, rocks, stumps, and pool table flat muck bottom. I turned two crappie and four bass, all small and stupid. Keith caught a few really nice bass but it was a frustrating day piscatorially. We theew the kitchen sink at 'em a time or two as I recall.

BKB

Buckrub
04-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Try throwing the dynamite a bit further.

Thumper
04-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Youse dufes work too hard at it. I could out-fish you from the bank with my Snoopy Zebco and a can o'worms! ;)

Buckrub
04-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Youse dufes work too hard at it. I could out-fish you from the bank with my Snoopy Zebco and a can o'worms! ;)

Which.........you open with regularity!

Welcome home.

Thumper
04-11-2015, 04:02 PM
:biggrin