PDA

View Full Version : Lord its hard to be Humble

Captain
04-15-2015, 12:21 PM
When you can constantly spank Turkeys like this.. Had already limited out in the area of SC where the farm is so I went to a buddied piece of Property in a different part of the state. (Can get 3 more in this area) :D It was raining and windy and I did not have a chance to scout this land but knew the general lay-out, creeks, hills etc. Did not hear any gobbling this morning probably because of the cold rain. But about 9:30 or so this big boy comes in range trying to find the hen that's been yelling all morning. So I gave him a barrel and now got work to do!

Big hooks and long beard

Buckrub
04-15-2015, 12:25 PM
I swear.

You must SMELL like a hen turkey!

What a machine.

Thumper
04-15-2015, 12:30 PM
He IS a turkey! ;)

Where's the "Bucky photo"?

Nice bird BTW ... I'm jealous.

Chicken Dinner
04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
Nice bird! I'm going to have to have you up to my new hunt club next year so you can add three VA turkey to your total.

Big Skyz
04-15-2015, 01:20 PM
That is an exceptionally nice bird. He's no 2 year old.

Captain
04-15-2015, 01:26 PM
I normally don't weigh them but I thought this was either a very heavy bird or I was getting awful weak.
Can you see the weigh on the scales?

I do remember shooting one one year that was north of 26 lbs. so this is probably the second biggest.

Bwana
04-15-2015, 02:19 PM
That makes me want to get back out after a gobble myownself but first the wind has to drop down to something less than a mild hurricane.

Was into jakes several times last Saturday but chose to let them grow up. The big boys were there but my sweet-talking wasn't good enough to pull them from the hens they were worth. Next time. :)

Nandy
04-15-2015, 04:16 PM
I happened to "be" in the other side of cappy calling one time. I was not aware he was hunting the same area I was. Of course, Im doing my calling when I hear a hen call back, then another hen from a relative different direction and then it happened again so I take a sit and call back... Well, I must sound horrible because I hear Larke goes "Nandy, is that you!" lol! I swear, the guy sounds like different birds and can project the call so it sounds it is coming from different angles...

Hey Cappy, what is the guide fee!!!??? lol!

I should go friday morning and saturday all day, seems those will be the only days I will get to hunt. Leaving on vacation on the 24th and will not be back until May 3rd.