PDA

View Full Version : "THE LIST"

Niner
04-18-2015, 08:41 AM
Well boys and girls, it seems the time has come for me to make a monumental decision (or two, or three).

The tumor in my back is growing (still).....it's already got me sitting in my recliner most of the time, and traversing the house via wheelchair.

SO...... the time has come for me to seriously think about selling off some of the guns in my "toy collection".

Sometime this week (I hope), I'll be making a list of guns that I'll be selling off. I'm not exactly sure what the process is....but I've got quite a few that I need to get shed of. Ones with sentimental value and/or "family heirlooms" will be staying "in the family".....but the ones that are "just guns" will be going up on the For Sale block.

I'm posting this to give y'all first crack at some "good" guns. Where I'm heading, they don't allow guns......or money, or cars, or much else from what I've read. :)

SOOOoooooooo.....If you are interested in getting a copy of "The List", PM or email me and I'll get back to you.

Man!!!! This "end-of-life" stuff sure leaves a lot of untied things left to do. But, it's like Di and I were talking about the other day.....NONE of that stuff (except for making sure my Will is up to date) is as important as meeting "The Man"......He's calling me home for a reason, I just wish I could know what that reason is in advance ---- so-to-speak. I'm just greatful He's giving me the chance to say goodbye to the folks that I love!

OH....Slight spoiler alert. If any of y'll are "into" older bow-hunting equipment, I have three OLD 45# bows that will be on The List. Two recurves and one compound.

Big Skyz
04-18-2015, 10:21 AM
This isn't my favorite post to read from you. However, you are a good man and I'm proud to call you a friend. I'm not sure I need, want, or can even afford another gun right now, but if I did buy one from you it would go in my " not for sale" collection. I would keep it and remember you and your trip your Montana every time I look at it. I'm not sure I will ever be able to top that experience, and frankly, I don't even want to try. Heck I probably should be trying to talk you out of you rod/reel and Rapalas you used so I can take a physical part of you fishing with me, rather than seeing what guns you have for sale. Truth is Bill, whether I have anything physical or not every time I go to that little creek where you caught your first Montana brown trout, you are foremost on my mind. I expect it will be that way for the rest of my life, and I like that just fine. :)

Buckrub
04-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Bill, sent you a text.

Thumper
04-18-2015, 11:50 AM
Damn Bill, I hate to see this in writing even though it's not (new) news to me. I guess actually seeing it in print from your hand just makes it impossible to put out of my mind any longer and accept the fact you're at this point in your life. The one great memory I'll always have is the fact I'm not sure how many times we've gotten together and the fact you were actually one of the very first (non-Florida resident) Good Hunters I've had the pleasure to meet. Cappy was first and I believe you were second and I truly cherish that first visit with you and Di and allowing you to make sure your grill still worked. Ha! I also have that little stained glass humming bird Di gave me hanging right next to my desk as a constant reminder of our last get-together to scarf down a coupl'a Varsity dogs!

Seriously, you both are solid gold and I can totally relate to what you're going through right now. I couldn't count the times I went to sleep and had serious doubts I'd wake up again, but I got lucky. Once I could get around a bit better, I realized how little I needed material things anymore (plus I needed the money) and my guns were the first to go. In fact, many of them went to some fine folks on this site. The rest went to the neighbor who has been taking care of my yardwork since the day I first entered into the hospital. A few went to my son, I kept a carry gun and one that's "sentimental" ... but the rest are gone now and I really don't miss them as much as I thought I would. Heck, I can no longer hunt anyway, so it's time to let someone else use them for what they were intended.

I wish you and Di the best and hope that we may still be able to get together in the future. If I can be of any help, just give me a jingle.

Captain
04-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Can't even think of what to say.
Don't know what to even think.
I will say that being as close to you and Di as I am I only wish you both peace.
If I can do anything let me know.

Trav
04-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Bill we have never met but I to am proud to call you a friend and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Arty
04-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Ditto what Larke said.
Man....

Chicken Dinner
04-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Bill, I've held off in responding as I'm at a loss. We have had the pleasure of meeting and I can honestly say that weekend at Larke's will remain one of my most cherished hunting trips until my time comes. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to hunt with you and share Matt's first deer with you. Your will to pursue your passion for hunting in spite of the obstacles also made an indelible impression on Matt and he speaks of it often when we're out hunting and shooting. While not necessarily in the market, I'm interested in seeing the list and, like Troy, anything on it would be an instant heirloom. More than that, if you haven't shot up the reloads from the brass I sent you (and I hope you have or will), it'd mean a lot to me to shoot a deer with some of "Co9's reloads" one day. Peace, my Brother.

Bwana
04-20-2015, 01:36 PM
Bill,
We have never met in person but I knew from the moment you mentioned having roots here in ND that you HAD to be a good guy. ;)

I was spot-on in that regards and have to tell you that the concern you showed and the messages you sent me when we learned about the tumor in my son's leg, meant more then you will ever know! Your positive attitude, outlook on life, and will to continue hunting & fishing through all you are dealing with are an inspiration to me. You are a class act sir and I am proud to have "known" you.

As for the list, I feel sort of ashamed to as but like has been said, I too would be proud to go hunting or fishing with Niner in some way, shape, or form.

It is a very tough hand that you and your family have been dealt, but know that my prayers continue to go out to you and yours to give all the strength to deal with this.

Nandy
04-20-2015, 05:30 PM
I really cant say anything that has not been said before. I wish you and your loved ones lots of peace.

LJ3
04-20-2015, 05:51 PM
My only hope is peace for you and your family, my friend. I hope one day I could hope to get anywhere near the dignity and kindness you bring to those around you.

jb
04-20-2015, 07:57 PM
It's hard to say anything, hate it when something like this happens to a good person.
I know we'll all face this someday, sure hope I can do it with the class you're showing.
Your belief will help you through this, I truly believe there is a reason for all things, he'll tell you why.

Gunther
04-25-2015, 02:08 PM
Bill, words can't express what I'm thinking, well they probably can it's just I aren't not eloquent enough to use them right. I wish for you what you need, whatever that may be. I'm very glad you realize god has a plan even when it seems random and unfair. Maybe my years in EMS have calloused me a little, at least in the fact how no one is promised tomorrow. I've spent more than half my life fighting battles that I can't win, I can at best postpone the inevitable. God will make you whole, if not here then where you're going under the promise of Jesus himself. Either way buddy, you're gonna win. Let me know what you desire and I will pray that way. I am after all a practicing Christian, not very good at it just practicing, but I do know some much better at it than me and will pass it on with your permission of course.

HideHunter
04-25-2015, 04:15 PM
Bill, You may remember a hunerd years ago, you sent me a couple pair of your Dad's Browning boots. I still have one pair that stay at Turkey Camp to knock around in. I've decided when they get too far gone for that, I'll tie them together and hang them on the wall in the living room. They can just stay there until the place rots down around them. ;)