PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2015, 05:54 PM
The NFL just gave up its tax exempt status.

Churches oughta be next.

bKB

Buckrub
04-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Churches have no basis to be tax exempt.

Period.

Thumper
04-28-2015, 06:59 PM
Churches are a huge BUSINESS!

quercus alba
04-28-2015, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, churches are a huge business. We rake in a whopping 300 to 400 a week before we pay the preacher or any of the utilities.

Thumper
04-28-2015, 07:36 PM
Some churches are a small business. ;)

At any rate, they ARE a business. I can run a used car lot as a small business (small, neighborhood church) ... that doesn't mean I'm General Motors (Joel Osteen and his Lakewood monstrocity).

BTW ... Don't know if they caught anyone yet, but ol' Joel was offering a $25,000 reward for info on who broke into the church and stole $600,000 worth of "stuff" (including $200,000 in cash from the safe!). ;)

LJ3
04-28-2015, 07:53 PM
Joel Osteen is rich because he's a bestselling author. He doesn't milk his congregation like our boy Creflow Dollar (I couldn't even believe he was a real person till I saw him).

If you want to see a church as a business, look no farther than the Catholic Church. If you can't see the financial structure there, you're simply not paying attention. Latter Day Saints have their tithe as do many other churches.

I mean absolutely no offense to any of our church going members here, sincerely. I also understand that money can help spread your particular brand of gospel/word/faith and it's part of the package. I also have seen personally, quite a bit of good, kind and helping from one local Catholic church I attend occasionally.

Any charity should be non-taxable. The rest should be taxed.

Of course, Churches should have the same tax laws as any other business applied to them which means they won't pay jack shit.

So... nevermind :)

Buckrub
04-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Churches have no business paying no tax. What on earth would be the valid reason??? Pay to Caesar what is Caesar's. Heck, pay double so there's no issue or improprietety. Why wouldn't they?

Look for salaries to increase in the NFL, fyi.