PDA

View Full Version : A simple question.....

Captain
04-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Why is it when you ask a woman a simple question you NEVER get an answer to THAT question?
Example:
I just walk in the door from a hard day fishing and Cheryl has supper waiting. I thank her and tell her things sure look good.
Then I ask "where's David" and she replies he's already eaten.
????? Huh?
So I look at her and say has David already eaten? She looks at me like a monkey doing a math problem and says I just told you he has!
To which I respond I know since you told told me he had already eaten when I asked you where he was, I was hoping you would tell me where he was if I ask you if he had eaten.
I'm just trying to figure out the code for getting the answer I need!
Does this happen to any of you fellers or is this unique to My situation?

LJ3
04-28-2015, 08:46 PM
I have tried, on several occasions, too many, to respond with "That's not the question I asked you."

I need a better approach as well.

Thumper
04-28-2015, 08:48 PM
If I could ever figure wimmins out ... I'd write a book and become an instant bazillionaire! ;)

So ... where's David? ;)

Arty
04-28-2015, 08:51 PM
If I could ever figure wimmins out ... I'd write a book and become an instant bazillionaire! ;) So ... where's David? ;)
Wherever he is.... He's not hungry.

Captain
04-28-2015, 09:18 PM
He was actually in his room after much debate I finally got an answer...

BarryBobPosthole
04-28-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm amazed a man of your age and experience is even posing that question.

BKB

Buckrub
04-28-2015, 10:46 PM
She answered your question ya ding bat. You asked where David was. She told you he already ate. She's figuring you were wondering why he wasn't at the table to eat. So she told you he already ate and she probably doesn't know where he was, since he ate and is not there. Sheersesssss she answered you!!! Then you turned around and asked AGAIN if David ate!!!!! Are you kidding me??? She already told you the answer and that's exactly what she told you. You should of asked her: "well since he already ate, do you know where he went?" Then you would of gotten the answer you were looking for. Man, you are lucky she didn't take a spoon to you, when you asked her a question she already answered. :D Edit: Also if she had dinner waiting and someone already ate ....YOU ARE LATE and that's why David already ate and left.

See, Cappy? If any word of this makes the slightest bit of sense to you, then.......um............then, um........then your question is valid. Logic and women don't compute.

Chicken Dinner
04-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Oh, Bucky...

Thumper
04-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Logic and women don't compute.

To make matters worse ... a BLONDE woman "supposedly" explained it!

Captain
04-29-2015, 04:55 AM
Sunny, the quote feature here is a useful tool and one of the upgrades the new software offered. Sometimes a person will make a comment in a reply that someone wants to address, however several other replies have been added since that comment. And just replying without quoting will not make good sense. So they quote the reply they are responding to and address the comment.
Personally I don't know the answer to your issue with it and certainly don't want to offend you. I do recall I quoted you a few weeks ago and didn't even realize I did it. But asking everyone to tiptoe around is not the answer and not a workable solution. It is a feature that we use may times without thought of WHO we are quoting.
I am certain Bucky did not quote you with any malice.
We all enjoy your company and we will miss you.

No-till Boss
04-29-2015, 06:28 AM
I'm sorry but not wanting to be quoted on a message board is the stupidest shit ever. If people don't quote, then it's almost impossible to follow along. JMO

Captain
04-29-2015, 06:44 AM
I'm sorry but not wanting to be quoted on a message board is the stupidest shit ever. If people don't quote, then it's almost impossible to follow along. JMO

Exactly and can I quote you on that? ;-)

No-till Boss
04-29-2015, 06:47 AM
Exactly and can I quote you on that? ;-)

Yes sir, everyday all day, that's the way I perfer it !

Bwana
04-29-2015, 09:16 AM
Only another woman could explain exactly why your missus responded the way she did. I've had more then my share of similar conversations with my wife that went the same way Cappy so i feel your pain.

Just think how much smoother things would go if women didn't have their own interpretation of the english language.

Thumper
04-29-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm just totally baffled as to what the quote thing is all about. Maybe another woman could explain it. ;)

Anyway Sunny, just in the last few days, I've quoted you out of habit so that others can have a clue what I'm talking about ... but LUCKILY (since you have a hair trigger) I always realized it before I hit the "send button", then went back and changed my post. Sheesh, a simple reminder sould be enough and I'm sure Bucky would gladly go back and delete the quote. If not, I can do it ... or Cappy, or Len, or Conine and Foo (wherever he might be these days). It's not a big deal and a simple mistake done out of habit ... not malice. Dammit girl ... I just wanna bitch-slap you sometimes. ;)

Captain
04-29-2015, 09:31 AM
I know right...
And what Sunny says makes no sense. I knew David (and Cheryl for that matter) had already ate because there was only one place set at the table.
I wanted to know where he was because I need to talk to him about some tickets I had gotten him for the upcoming race in Charlotte.
The fact that he had ate had no bearing on what I asked and was not the information I asked for or needed.

Thumper
04-29-2015, 09:32 AM
Ok, I edited the quote out of Bucky's post. See how esay that was? All you have to do is ask. I don't like censorship ... but I suppose this is a little different, not "really" censorship, and we agree to abide by your wishes ... AS LONG AS WE REMEMBER! ;)

Thumper
04-29-2015, 09:35 AM
I know right...
And what Sunny says makes no sense. I knew David (and Cheryl for that matter) had already ate because there was only one place set at the table.
I wanted to know where he was because I need to talk to him about some tickets I had gotten him for the upcoming race in Charlotte.
The fact that he had ate had no bearing on what I asked and was not the information I asked for or needed.

It's not SUPPOSED to make sense numbnutz! It's how two wimmins think. Don't try to figure it out ... just roll with it. Sheeesh, you've been married long enough to know that by now!

Oh, and I QUOTED you ... so there! ;)

Captain
04-29-2015, 09:37 AM
Well personally Thumper I think it is beyond reason for her to ask that of us. If that pisses her off then she will just have to be pissed off.
It's necessary at times to do and bottom line it is a feature that helps make things clear in a response.
No one is doing it to "pick" on her. I did it the other week not thinking and you edited my post which was fine. But it was silly then, silly now and silly in the future.

LJ3
04-29-2015, 09:41 AM
LJ3 you asking for a spoon whipping. :D

I get what we now refer to as "The look"... it's like an admonishment, a comment on my idiocy, an acknowledgement of my ineptitude and a completely settled argument where I lose, all wrapped in to a single glance and a tilt of the head at a specific angle. It's a time saver, and genius on her part :)

Captain
04-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Thumper, I just put the quote back into Bucky's reply. It's not clear without it. AND if Bucky wants to edit it or remove it he can of he can tell us to do so. I'm done with this silly editing crap.

LJ3
04-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Thumper, I just put the quote back into Bucky's reply. It's not clear without it. AND if Bucky wants to edit it or remove it he can of he can tell us to do so. I'm done with this silly editing crap.

Asshole :)

Captain
04-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Asshole :)

Natural Born. :D

Thumper
04-29-2015, 10:48 AM

Yep, I wasn't totally sure I was doing the right thing and honestly didn't think Bucky would mind. I should have asked first.

Oh, and BTW, you're a first class SD'er! ;)

Buckrub
04-29-2015, 01:38 PM
What?
I just did it out of habit. Makes no sense to reply sometimes without it. I love Sunny, but it's nuts to worry about that, and I can't make that better......so I just lope along, trying to keep up. No offense meant.

LJ3
04-29-2015, 04:00 PM
We've done more than enough to accommodate Sunny. This is not a reflection on us.

yellowk9
04-29-2015, 04:42 PM
Bucky what the frick is wrong with you?

Have you not been watching everyone getting a chewing for quoting me?

I've asked over and over to please stop using that damn quote button on things I write.

So since everyone thinks it's ridiculous , I ask this of you guys, and someone continues to quote me, I'm not going to be able to post here anymore.

You all have my email and some have my iPhone number where you can text me.

I've finally had it. So go right ahead and quote this!

Where's the shit-stirring smiley guy? I'm with you guys. I totally don't get the no quotes thing. If it helps I do have a tin foil hat on while I'm typing this.

Arty
04-29-2015, 06:55 PM
As long as no one does a copy and paste and puts this on Facebook... Both she and Bucky will be fine.

Captain
04-29-2015, 07:00 PM
Working on your advanced SD'ing badge are you Arty?

Arty
04-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Been a Webelo far too long.

Thumper
04-29-2015, 07:23 PM
Been a Webelo far too long.

Ummm, I think that's Webelos. NOT that I'd try to be an SD or anything. ;)

Arty
04-29-2015, 07:25 PM
You think wrong.
It's W E B E L O S

Thumper
04-29-2015, 07:49 PM
You think wrong.
It's W E B E L O S

Ha ha ha! That's what I said! :biggrin

Arty
04-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Ha ha ha! That's what I said! :biggrin

Stop using your pump head magic to change things.

Thumper
04-29-2015, 07:57 PM
I learned that trick from Cappy. ;)

Actually, I'm teaching Sunny that sometimes quotes can be a GOOD thing. (read proof of a f'up!) :D