PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is a nice surprise!

Thumper
05-04-2015, 09:38 AM
I recently posted a pic here of an old desk fan I picked up an an estate sale a couple weeks ago. Well I finally listed it for a 1-week run and it sold last night for $110.00 ... Cool! And it didn't even work ... although I believe it may be an easy fix as these old fans have a little oil reservoir and a wick to lube the shaft ... they dry out and need to be cleaned/refilled. So, I sold it for "parts or repair". Here's a couple'a reminder pics.

4750 4751

Well, since that one sold and I'm shipping it today, I remembered buying a similar fan last week. Heck, I didn't even look to see what it was ... just picked it up knowing I could do something with it. Since I was getting ready to go to Miami last week, it remained in the box with other junk I picked up ... until today. I just dug it out and removed the $2 price tag (can't remember if I paid the full price, or bought it on half-price day for $1.00). Well dang! It's the same persact fan I just sold ... but it's the more desirable reciprocating model, plus the cage is in much better condition than the last one! I don't know if it works, so it'll be another parts fan. (The plug was fubar and the guy at the sale cut the cord off so nobody would get electrocuted trying to test it. Who knows? It may work, but I'm not gonna fool with replacing the cord to find out) Here are some pics of fan #2. Note: I just pulled it out of the box a few minutes ago and have done no cleaning yet .. so it's still pretty dusty/dirty.

4753 4754

Buckrub
05-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Do you live at Mark's Mini-Storage?

PS
I have one of those

Thumper
05-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Ha! This place is beginning to look like a mini-storage facility! I need to have an inventory reduction sale. ;)

Actually, I'm seriously thinking of opening an eBay store this month. Lots of extra benefits and it operates more like a professional on-line store, instead of just some dufe throwing stuff up on the internet. One small sale would pay the monthly "rent", so it's starting to look like a no-brainer.

Oh .. and send me that fan ... I'll give you a dollar for it. :D

Buckrub
05-04-2015, 10:08 AM
USPS said they don't accept electrical items and don't deliver to prisons. But I could use the dollar.

Thumper
05-04-2015, 10:18 AM
I tried to send it, but USPS said they will not deliver cash to old folks homes. ;)

Buckrub
05-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Your check is always good with me.

Thumper
05-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Ha ha ha! No problem! I have PLENTY of checks ... just no $$$ in the account! Is that ok?