PDA

View Full Version : I missed my dang kid!

LJ3
05-06-2015, 04:07 PM
My 1st kid off to college comes back for the summer on Friday via the Daddy's pickup truck express. I have never been so proud of a kid before. She's really thrived in college and is doing very well for herself.

I also happen to have missed her terribly and have it on good authority she missed her Daddy just as much :)

She requested a fishing date this Saturday with me.

Big Skyz
05-06-2015, 04:23 PM
That's the best kind of date!

Thumper
05-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Dang! Seems like just yesterday you took her up there! I'm getting old waaay too fast! SLOW DOWN WORLD!!! :(

LJ3
05-06-2015, 04:44 PM
This was just her Freshman year Jimmy. She's still got a ways to go! She got all her mandatory classes out of the way and is seriously excited about getting after her major now.

Thumper
05-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Good for her! To be honest, that's what turned me off to college back in the day. I took all advanced courses through high school and my freshman year of college basically had me taking courses I'd already had 2-3 years prior. I got bored and copped an attitude thinking college was a waste of time and money ... then Uncle Sam came around and I decided to get that obligation out of the way, THEN return to school on the G.I. Bill. Problem is ... once I got out of the military, I was too busy earning a living to continue my education. Good for her for keeping her enthusiasm and continuing on!

BarryBobPosthole
05-06-2015, 04:56 PM
I guess its time for summer to officially begin!

BKB

Bwana
05-06-2015, 05:58 PM
I'm in the same boat Len but my boy has to bring his ownself home but looking forward to seeing him on Friday.

The date sounds like a fine thing for the two of you, enjoy!

No-till Boss
05-06-2015, 06:50 PM
My daughter just now walked thru the door, after her second year of college.

quercus alba
05-06-2015, 07:51 PM
My baby is in love with a girl from Ohio, if she didn't text me pictures of them, I wouldn't know what he looked like

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2015, 09:53 PM
Good to hear about all the homecomings.

Nandy
05-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Mine did the other way around, with one year of college left she decided to move out of the house with the help of mom. I gave her my blessings and waved her a "later gator". Shes like 15 min away, do that really counts as leaving home?