PDA

View Full Version : Contrails

BarryBobPosthole
05-09-2015, 08:09 PM
I actually had somebody tell me yesterday that the government was spraying us with chemicals and you could see it in the sky. She was talking about jet contrails. And she was serious.

BKB

Captain
05-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Was she wearing a tinfoil hat?

BarryBobPosthole
05-09-2015, 08:18 PM
in high school she wore cast iron panties. So yeah, probbly.

BKB

Arty
05-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Posty, you need to stop texting sunny when yall are drunk.

BarryBobPosthole
05-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Nah, it wasn't Sunny. But she might think that stuff too for all I know. It pretty well floored me when I heard it.

BKB

Captain
05-09-2015, 08:25 PM
It was not Sunny. She would be on here chewin' you was out for quoting her if it was. ;)

Thumper
05-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Yep, I've actually heard the same thing from a couple of idiots I've come in contact with. It's a big conspiracy theory thing that's been getting passed around ol' Al Gore's internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory

jb
05-09-2015, 09:16 PM
When my 3 year old grand daughter sees a con trail in the sky, she say's that's her great grandmother making it, where that came from only she knows.

DeputyDog
05-10-2015, 07:21 AM
Didn't they actually do that in the '50's?

No-till Boss
05-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Spray would NOT reach the ground from 30,000 feet . End of story ........

LJ3
05-10-2015, 06:35 PM
I actually had somebody tell me yesterday that the government was spraying us with chemicals and you could see it in the sky. She was talking about jet contrails. And she was serious.

BKB

I was thinking she may have been wearing an Aggies hat.

Thumper
05-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Didn't they actually do that in the '50's?

I remember as a kid in the early to mid-60's, Fire Ants were moving into Florida (I believe they arrived aboard a ship from South America by way of the port in Alabama) and they started moving all through the southeast. Pilots would fly over in WWII era B-17 bombers dropping "ant pellets" to attemp control of their move through the state. I can remember many, many times being out on the playground at school when a fleet of 2-3 B-17's would fly over at tree top level and a few seconds later, the small pellets would come raining down on top of us. I assume they weren't toxic to humans as I'm still alive! Actually, it was a fascinating site (and sound) to have those B-17's passing by literally just over our heads.

The eradication was a failure BTW ... those nasty bastards are all over the state these days and they HURT!!

BarryBobPosthole
05-10-2015, 08:33 PM
When I lived in Tampa/st Pete it was the love bugs that were invading. Lots of overheated cars at times from so many of those little bastards. Supposedly came in with some bananas.

And the skeeter control plane in Tampa was an old DC3 that you'd see flying at treetop high early in the morning.

BKB

Thumper
05-10-2015, 08:48 PM
GAWD! I HATE love bugs! What a frigging mess! I can't really remember when they hit this area, but I don't remember them as a kid. Coincidentally, they are just now clearing out down here. They hit (hatch) twice a year (6-mo. intervals) ... usually April and October.

No-till Boss
05-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Are they ladybugs or asian beetles ?

Thumper
05-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Are they ladybugs or asian beetles ?

Neither NTB ... they are a MAJOR mess!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovebug

DeputyDog
05-11-2015, 10:00 AM
I seem to remember several years ago, before the internet, btw, seeing something on a legitimate news source, that the government had admitted to doing some type of aerial spraying of some type of material, to test for fallout in case of a nuclear war. This spraying happened during the 50's.

LJ3
05-11-2015, 10:08 AM
So... we should have been making our hats from Saran wrap instead of tinfoil? Is that my takeaway here?

Thumper
05-11-2015, 10:24 AM
Ya' know Deppity ... I think I remember something about that. I don't think it was airplanes though. Seems they drove around town spraying out the back of trucks or something. (?) Or they were throwing dust off of tall buildings ... or something silly like that ... to test how nuclear fallout works. (???) I can't remember the details, but it sure rings a bell.

Thumper
05-11-2015, 10:29 AM
Well crap! When all else fails ... Google it! You're right ... kinda.

http://www.businessinsider.com/army-sprayed-st-louis-with-toxic-dust-2012-10

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2015, 10:55 AM
There was chemical testing,but it had nothing to do with jet contrails. They also intentionally infected black people in Alabama with syphillis to study the natural progression of the disease under the auspices of 'free health care'.

There is legitimate reason to suspect the government (i guess the army is government) won't come clean on shit like this unless they're caught doing it. Like the Snowden NSA stuff. For that reason I'm skeptical when assholes like Mitch McConnell use Senate rules to avoid open discussion on the Patriot Act provision that allows NSA to basically collect private information on US citizens with hardly any oversight. And in the time since 2001, not ONE terrorist act has been prevented using it. Read up on it in the news rag of your choice. Its sickening. Meanwhile he media and the politicians drum up fear of ISIS and about anything else they can so they can say they do this shit in our best interest.
Its time to rein these fuckers in. If people would only vote.

BKB

Thumper
05-11-2015, 11:20 AM
Just playing devils advocate here ... on the flip side ... ya' have to wonder what may have been prevented in the past DUE to "gov't intervention".

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2015, 11:45 AM
You mean by invading citizens privacy, giving them syphillis, or by spraying them with carcinogens?

BKB

Thumper
05-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Nope ... syphillis, carcinogens ... like McCarthyism is the extreme and stuff of the 50's IMHO. Citizen's privacy is a pretty broad umbrella ... "invasion" (to a point) .. I don't have a huge problem with. The problem is where to draw the line. Should the cops be able to dig through your garbage, that you take to the curb for pick-up, to find evidence of a suspected crime? Is that an invasion of privacy? You can't paint everything with a wide brush.