PDA

View Full Version : Are y'all asleep?

Captain
05-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Where is everybody????

Chicken Dinner
05-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Been at the Dr.'s office with my mom all morning. I've been checking in, but not adding much lately as that's been taking up a bunch of my time the past few weeks.

No-till Boss
05-13-2015, 01:07 PM
I was hoping I wasn't already kicked off of here .....

Thumper
05-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Been at an estate sale all morning. Came home for lunch and have been prepping packages to ship ever since. This place sure is dead during the summers. I guess it'll always be that way.

Big Skyz
05-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Rushing around here trying to get all my poop in a group so I can go fishing for a few days. Won't think about work, cell phones, computers, or anything else stressing me out in life. It is some much needed R+R with no other distractions.

Bwana
05-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Work is getting in the way of everything these days.

Cards01
05-13-2015, 03:36 PM
Just got back from 2nd trip to MD Anderson in the last month with a trip to NOVA for training for 3 days in between. Been reading when I can but not been adding much.

Arty
05-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Been working on 12 ounce curls down in San Antonio on the riverwalk. Now headed back to the airport where reality sets in.

Big Skyz
05-13-2015, 04:44 PM
One more hour and it will FISH-O-CLOCK!!! Longest day of work ever!!!

Thumper
05-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Been working on 12 ounce curls down in San Antonio on the riverwalk. Now headed back to the airport where reality sets in.

Dang Arty! We spent a week or so in Houston for Thanksgiving with my sis and BIL. We then went to San Antonia, stayed at the Hyatt Regency Riverwalk and waited for you to show up, but finally gave up. We sat on the bank and watched the Christmas parade (parade of boats). If you go back to San Antone, be sure and eat at (or at least drink at) Dirty Dicks (Dick's Last Resort). Just bprepare to be totally abused while there (you'll know what I mean if you ever go). :D

http://www.dickslastresort.com/

Just prepare to be mercilessly insulted and you'll be fine. I did a little flirting with the young waitress there and she made me a hat I was required to wear the rest of the evening. ;)

Bwana
05-13-2015, 05:10 PM
Any interesting finds at the sale this morning Jim?

Arty
05-13-2015, 06:19 PM
We stayed at the omni which is two hunert foot from dirty dicks.
I spent way too much time there last night.

Chicken Dinner
05-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Over the past two weeks, I spent time in both Houston and Mobile. I'd go back to Mobile.

Thumper
05-13-2015, 06:26 PM
We stayed at the omni which is two hunert foot from dirty dicks.
I spent way too much time there last night.

Yeah, the Hyatt is on the opposite side of the canal from Dicks ... but it was right next to the bridge to cross over. We also did the boat tours and the touristy stuff just to say we'd "been there, done that". My dad lived in San Antonio for about 10 years and I have cousins there, but just never got around to doing the Riverwalk thing.

Thumper
05-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Over the past two weeks, I spent time in both Houston and Mobile. I'd go back to Mobile.

I have two sisters in Houston ... along with all the nieces, nephews, etc. who go with the package. Been to Mobile a bazillion times and never get tired of the USS Alabama State Park. No family there though.

Thumper
05-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Any interesting finds at the sale this morning Jim?

Bwana ... today's sale wasn't too exciting. A "little old lady" sale is what I call them. Lot's of pricey furniture and collectables (china, figurines, etc.) and the house was absolutely immaculate and spotless. You could have eaten off the floor and performed surgery in the livingroom without risk of infection! NOT my kind of sale. I like piles and piles of junk! Errrr, I mean ... "junque". ;)

I've been getting interested in old desk fans recently and have done pretty well with them. I sold one the other day (GE) for $110 that I picked up for $2.00. I have a similar fan (also GE) listed now and just turned down a $70.00 offer for it yesterday. At today's sale, I found a couple of small items as well as an old Westinghouse fan which I'll probably list tonight. A LOT of people collect these old fans. This one works great and moves a TON of air (unlike the Chinese crap we have today). Look at the pitch on those blades!!

4772 4773

Here's the GE I sold last week (pic 1) and the one I have listed now (pic 2). Note the brass blades! These three fans were found at three different sales.

4774 4775

LJ3
05-13-2015, 06:43 PM
I've been checking on but busier than I'd like to be... like, way busier. Almost as busy as you retard fuckers.

BarryBobPosthole
05-13-2015, 09:25 PM
I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

Spent a great deal of time on the Riverwalk in SA back in the 80's. Back then, a place called Bwana Dik's was a really fun place to hang out. No pun intended.

BKB

Captain
05-13-2015, 09:37 PM
I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. BKB

Well we know you ain't been Chainsawin' :D

Thumper
05-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Well we know you ain't been Chainsawin' :D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh ... that was BAD! ;)

Captain
05-13-2015, 09:52 PM
:D

No-till Boss
05-13-2015, 09:55 PM
Waco is as far South as I have been in Texas. In 1986or7 I shot the southern 7 state's skeet tournament . It was in August, it was 110 degrees and 20mph wind. I saw a bull dog die from a heat stroke in the shade .

jb
05-14-2015, 08:42 AM
Nice Spring day here yesterday and today.
Mowed the lawn for the first time last night, today I'll spend a few hours outside selling Poppies for the American Legion, this weekend is another Trap Shoot.
Things are starting to look up around here.

Fido
05-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Mowin grass every 4th day and planting the garden.

LJ3
05-14-2015, 09:18 AM
I lanndscaped the hell out of my front yard over the last few weeks. Looks pretty damn good! I wanna get a raised veggie bed built but that may have to be a next year project.