PDA

View Full Version : Maybe premature, but figured I'd ask ....

Thumper
05-20-2015, 09:25 AM
Although Larke has a request for info sent to Di, I'm sure she's had her hands full making Bill's arrangements (he passed way at home). We will hopefully get some details today on the service (assuming there is one). Lynn is on stand-by at work ... she's out of vacation time but will take "emergency leave" even though her boss is out sick for the rest of the week (kinda sticky there, but she also knew Bill and wants to be there for Di). BUT ... once we get the details, Lynn's going to call her Atlanta contacts to see if we can get a room comped. (Hyatt sold her hotel, so she's no longer officially with Hyatt ... but still has "friends" in the business). It's almost a 1000 mile round-trip for us and we'll be driving, so we'll need to stay overnight. IF ... I said IF she can, she will try to get two comped rooms if anyone here is going and could use a room. Again, this is all pure speculation and nothing has even been started yet while awaiting word from Di. I may also see if she might need an extra room for family since I've been to Bill and Di's house and I know their space is limited. Anyone here would get first shot.

Anyway, it's something to kick around. I may be getting way ahead of myself, but there's not much time for planning ... especially when we're in a holding pattern like this.

Let me know. Just remember, no guarantees. All we can do is try.

jb
05-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Any interest in sending flowers from the GH gang?

Buckrub
05-20-2015, 02:39 PM
I am interested, Jim. Not sure how long I could stay, and I have some issues with Mother I MUST be here for (depending on the date/time), but I am dang sure wanting to be there, and will try. If someone needs the comped room more than I, that is perfectly fine.

Captain
05-20-2015, 02:49 PM
Nothing in stone yet,
Two dates being tossed around.
Wednesday the 27th and Saturday the 30th. It makes me sick but both of those are 100% no goes for me...
Bill was cremated this morning and with the holiday weekend Di wanted to wait till next week.
I don't have info yet on what funeral home will be handling the service.

Buckrub
05-20-2015, 02:50 PM
I was afraid the date would be around then.

Close to 100% no go for me too.

At LEAST try and get us a place to send flowers..........

thanks man.

BarryBobPosthole
05-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Larke, do we know what town?

Thumper
05-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Well, I talked to Larke earlier. He has had a long-time committment he has to fulfill, so he is definitely out. Due to the fact Lynn and I will be in Daytona that weekend ... AND hooking up with he and Cheryl on their way back home during that time ... it looks like a no-go for us also. The timing sucks ... I was expecting something much sooner (like this week/weekend). Scratch my offer ... it appears we'll have to back out.

I can handle the flowers from the "Gang at Good Hunting" as I still have cash in the G/H account ... as long as everyone is ok with that. We can have a "donation" campaign to replenish the funds if we need to. I'll simply document all of it when I update the ledger.

BarryBobPosthole
05-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Sounds good Jim. I haven't decided yet but I may drive put. Its 12 hours but I could do it in a two day trip. I just don't know what town I'm going to.

BKB

Thumper
05-20-2015, 03:32 PM
Not sure yet P-hole. They live in Newnan which is basically a suburb of Atlanta.

Thumper
05-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Barry, I just realized you were probably posting at the same time I was backing out.

I'm not sure if Di has any flexibility or not. She has family flying into town. Things are kind of a mess actually. Larke is screwed big-time and between a rock and a hard place right now. I know for a fact it's tearing him up.

jb
05-20-2015, 03:54 PM
Jim, I'd say go ahead and send some nice flowers. I'll cover any additional costs over the collection to put the same $$ back into the kitty.

Thumper
05-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks Bubba, I discussed it with Larke and we made an executive Secret Committe decision to do just that. I seriously doubt anyone here would complain. I just need to find out where and when the memorial will be ... unless I just send them to the house.

Nandy
05-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Dont send them to the house, just one more thing for Di to worry. Wait until the info comes thru, any decent floral shop will get the call and have them delivered the same day withing ours... Just my opinion.

BarryBobPosthole
05-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Thanks Bubba, I discussed it with Larke and we made an executive Secret Committe decision to do just that. I seriously doubt anyone here would complain. I just need to find out where and when the memorial will be ... unless I just send them to the house.

I'm in.

BKB

Buckrub
05-20-2015, 05:25 PM
Everyone is in. Get a good 'un. Let me know $$ and I'll send it.

Arty
05-20-2015, 05:35 PM
As already stated, I'm in

Buckrub
05-20-2015, 05:39 PM
One suggestion: Whoever does this (and I can help, not trying to pawn it off).......I SUGGEST we put our real names and GH names on the list...........

Thumper
05-20-2015, 05:42 PM
We have time. So far we don't even know if the memorial is next Wednesday or Saturday, it is supposedly held up for Cappy's availability. As far as attendence goes, Lynn and I were geared up to go, we were just waiting on a date. Next week won't work for us. Cap'n is the one I feel sorry for as he has a huge load on his shoulders right now and there are extenuating circumstances that make it virtually impossible for him to attend next week either. What makes matters worse, Di has asked him to speak at Bill's memorial. Cappy needs some support right now because he feels like shit. I'm not sure he's let Di know yet. I'm just glad it's not me who has to make that call. I'll get the flowers handled.

As far as the G/H kitty goes, there were some minor fees due the beginning of this month (5/3) and they have been taken care of. There are some additional fees due next month ... those are also handled. We have more than enough in the general fund to cover a nice flower arrangement that will be from all of us. The treasury is in fine shape for now. It wouldn't hurt to replenish the funds for future use, but it's not a major concern right now. But rest assured, there will be a part of all of us at the memorial even if we're not physically there.

Thumper
05-20-2015, 05:45 PM
One suggestion: Whoever does this (and I can help, not trying to pawn it off).......I SUGGEST we put our real names and GH names on the list...........

What list Bucky? The card with the flowers? Heck, I don't even know if a complete member list exists with real names and monikers. Heck, I sure couldn't do it by memory. I'm open to any suggestions.

Buckrub
05-20-2015, 05:49 PM
Yeah, Jim. The flowers will have a "name" place. Everyone here that we can think of their name, needs to be on that list.......because we all loved Bill, and because Di needs to know those names. Whatever we're short, I'll cover.

Larke, hang in there.

I have a suggestion.....if Larke has his ears on. Next week is terrible for me too. What do y'all think Di would do if we had an 'extra' memorial, maybe at Lake Conine, for everyone that could come the first week of June. I can make that one, and MAYBE Cappy can too. I know he has family issues, and right now I do too.........

just a thought. I'm about 9 hours from Newnan.

Sunshine
05-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Bucky a card with everyone's name will be too hard.
We don't even know where some people are and we do have lurkers that are apart of the GoodHunting family.

The card should say something about condolences to the family and Bill (Niner)will be deeply missed by his GoodHunting Family.

We could send a text or email to Jim, with our names and addresses, if Jim doesn't already have it.
Jim can provide the list of names in a private card to Di and the family.

And the private card should say something like: The flowers are also from all GH members we were not able to contact.

Captain
05-20-2015, 07:09 PM
I like Sunny's idea and was thinking along the same lines. The card with flowers/plant whatever should say from the GoddHunting Group and later or earlier send a card to her home address with individuals names on it.

Nandy
05-20-2015, 07:52 PM
I "third" Sunshine motion!

BarryBobPosthole
05-20-2015, 08:06 PM
I liked that too. And I think for the 'follow-on' deal, we ought to put together a collage of several pictures of Niner hunting or fishing,c and frame it and say something about Goodhunting on the frame. And central to the pictures would be the original 'Niner'.

BKB

Arty
05-20-2015, 08:26 PM
I liked that too. And I think for the 'follow-on' deal, we ought to put together a collage of several pictures of Niner hunting or fishing,c and frame it and say something about Goodhunting on the frame. And central to the pictures would be the original 'Niner'. BKB
Yes...

Nandy
05-20-2015, 08:39 PM
sounds great, I need to find that picture of him and me with my first deer...

HideHunter
05-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Well, shoot... been gone a few days.. Godspeed Bill...

DeputyDog
05-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Thaat sounds like a great idea.

Thumper
05-21-2015, 08:16 PM
I'd have no clue where to even start with EVERYONE'S names and monikers. Heck, I have trouble remembering which names go with which monikers anydamnway and we have no master list that I'm aware of. We do have a master member's list, but it only lists the monikers. Plus, I doubt I could fit all that in on a normal order form to the florist via the internet anyway. Bill's "Good Hunting Family" or something along those lines would be appropriate I would think. Di knows who we are ... these last few weeks, I'm sure she's been helping him with reading the posts here and he's been a member since day one.

BTW ... our "member list" shows 70 registered members. That would be a lot of typing for a "hunt 'n pecker" typist like me!