PDA

View Full Version : CD your boy

BarryBobPosthole
05-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Bryce Harper got ejected for being a smartass. And it seems its his opinion that people don't pay money to see umpires, they pay to see HIM!

He's an ass, I'm telling ya, and sadder still, his view is the majority view so .i'm prolly in the small minority here. Basically, hecthinks he's abigger deal than the game. I'm starting to hope for an injury and that's not a good thing to root for. But he's an ass.

BKB

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2471530-bryce-harper-and-manager-matt-williams-get-ejected-after-harper-steps-out-of-box

LJ3
05-21-2015, 01:04 PM
You're a curmudgeon. Harper is awesome. Cocky, yes. Ass? no.

I don't mind cocky as long as it can be backed up. Being cocky and not being worthy of said cockiness make someone an ass. To me, anyway.

And hello? Who do you think the fans were hoping to see play really well last night? Who is putting asses in empty seats? What he said is true about what people are paying for. It's entertainment and a sport. I don't think he thinks he's bigger than the game though. He's just a kid with a large ego and the skills to backup any junk he talks.

Now, if he played on the Cards and did the same thing, he'd be an ass.

BarryBobPosthole
05-21-2015, 01:46 PM
I guess using your logic, its the umps we should be ejecting for arguing balls and strikes with twenty something millionaires.
I'll just keep yelling Kill the umpire! And leave it at that.
BKB

Buckrub
05-21-2015, 02:49 PM
If he was on the Cards and did the same thing, he'd either be in Memphis or Boise.

No-till Boss
05-21-2015, 03:59 PM
I was watching the Cards while ago with my 97 year old grandmother and the first baseman made one hell of a play on a forced out.

BarryBobPosthole
05-21-2015, 04:13 PM
The center fielder made a good one too. That was about the only highlights for the Cards today though.this weekend series with the Royals is going to be exciting. We're gathering with our Mizzou kin at my house tonight and will be dodging thumderstorms with them all weekend so I imagine the ball game might be on a day or two.
Len knows how these gatherings go!
BKB

LJ3
05-21-2015, 05:19 PM
I miss that! I need a reason to go to Oklahoma!

BarryBobPosthole
05-21-2015, 05:40 PM
Her name is Matilda. And when I last saw her seven years ago this month she weighed 10.2 lbs. i can take you to the exact spot she lives.

That reason enough?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Pffft. You and Bucky keep kidding yourselves.

Chicken Dinner
05-23-2015, 08:20 AM
I was at the game last night and got to thinking about this post. As far as I'm concerned, Harper plays the game the way he should. He plays the game harder than anyone, asks no quarter and gives none. He's old school in your face and he feeds off the reaction of opposing fans and teams. So, all y'all Cardinal fans can just keep on hating. Opposing pitchers can keep on plunking him and he'll keep on making you pay by by taking an extra base on a single to right and then stealing home. The next at bat he'll dare you to do it again by dragging his foot across your logo on the way to the batter's box just to say, "Bring it."

And Bucky, your thought that the mighty Cardinals would send the guy who leads the majors in runs, walks, OBP and slugging to the minors for that is laughable.

Buckrub
05-23-2015, 09:38 AM
I didn't say the Nats would. I said the Cards would. Especially if George Kissell was still alive. And Memphis was minors. Boise is not, it's "bye, go home"....otherwise known as "designated for assignment". Course, he'd never clear waivers......

But he's on fire, for sure. Statistically, he's MVP. But you never, ever show up an opponent.

BarryBobPosthole
05-23-2015, 01:03 PM
There's nothing old school about showing up opponents and thinking he's the reason people go see one. He acts exactly like Barry Bonds acted. And that stuff will come home to roost one day.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-23-2015, 07:56 PM
You're both delusional.

Buckrub
05-23-2015, 09:27 PM
About many things.

But not alone here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/bryce-harper-is-still-just-21-years-old-but-he-needs-to-stop-acting-like-hes-12/2014/07/01/6abfc904-0162-11e4-8572-4b1b969b6322_story.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8875/

http://chadpicasner.blogspot.com/2015/05/it-just-keeps-geting-worse.html

https://www.facebook.com/mlb?_rdr

Delusional is apparently contagious.

And perspective is reality for most folks.

But I'd draft him on my Fantasy Team.

LJ3
05-26-2015, 11:14 AM
Bravado and machismo from athletes is always controversial. I've always held the same belief whether it was one of "my guys" or not. If you can walk the walk, you can talk the talk if that's your showboat thang. A good case in point was Deion Sanders with the Cowboys. I hate the Cowboys, I hated Sanders. But I defended his attitude and antics because back in the day, that dude could score if you put the ball in his hands. I used to get some sideways looks for defending that arrogant prick :)

Bucky, perspective is always reality. 9 out of my 10 shrinks have confirmed that for me, time and again :)

Buckrub
05-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Yes, Len. But MY reality, not yours.

Sheesh.

LJ3
05-26-2015, 01:24 PM
Wrong again Bucky. HER reality.

BarryBobPosthole
05-26-2015, 02:09 PM
No biggie. He'll be a Yankee in two years anyway, and then we can all hate him.

BKB

LJ3
05-26-2015, 02:53 PM
THEN, he'll be a total asshole.

Chicken Dinner
05-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Hard to argue with that...

Buckrub
05-26-2015, 06:04 PM
Arguing sports is a perfect use of testosterone.

BarryBobPosthole
05-26-2015, 08:11 PM
I think we should body shame someone. Its all the rage.

BKB

quercus alba
05-26-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey, the Yankee players are perfect gentleman. Now if you were talking Red Sox