PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick input ...

Thumper
05-22-2015, 10:11 AM
First off ... the offers for donations has been overwhelming for Conine's flower arrangement/card, etc. Basically, money is not a problem and any overage will go into the G/H operations fund and noted on the ledger. I'll post an updated ledger once the dust settles. BUT ... I need to get the flowers ordered and anyone who wants, can send cards individually. I'm assuming we should go with a nice "standing spray" for the flowers .. but I don't want to assume anything without input from you guys. Do you prefer a large bouquet? Flower arrangement or live plant?

A standing spray from Good Hunting, for display at the service, is my suggestion. These are a couple of selections - there are optiions and I'd go "top of the line" (more flowers, etc). White or color??

https://www.ftdimg.com/pics/products/S6-4447S_330x370.jpg https://www.ftdimg.com/pics/products/S37-4522_200x225.jpg

If you guys prefer plants or table top arrangements, I'm open. I just figured a spray would be more outstanding as I think the service will be relatively small and this would make a nice showpiece for the family.

Here are the descriptions (white one first). What-cha think?

Product descriptions:

#1) The Exquisite Tribute™ Standing Spray is an elegant display of sweet serenity. White roses, Asiatic lilies, chrysanthemums and mini carnations are artfully arranged amongst emerald palm fronds and lush greens. Accented by white satin ribbon and standing on a wire easel, this standing spray is an outstanding way to honor the life of your loved one. BEST spray is approximately 34"H x 22"W.

#2) The Blessings of the Earth™ Easel is a soft and serene arrangement that elegantly honors the life of the deceased. Lavender roses, pink carnations, pink Asiatic lilies, blue hydrangea, yellow stock, lavender button poms, solidago and lush greens are beautifully accented with a lavender satin ribbon and displayed on a wire easel to create a gorgeous display for their memorial service. Approximately 36"H x 20"W.

Chicken Dinner
05-22-2015, 10:21 AM
I like the one on the left.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 10:29 AM
I'm with you personally ... but figured I'd get a bit of input from the peanut gallery before I pull the trigger. I guess we're 2 & 0 so far. ;)

Oh, I've edited in the descriptions for an idea of size, etc.

The more I look at them though, I'm starting to like a bit of color. Heck, that's why I need input I guess. :(

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 10:41 AM
I like color. Looks more like life than pale death.

LJ3
05-22-2015, 10:47 AM
I also like more color.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 10:50 AM
My first impression was the white ... I'm rapidly swinging for the color myownself now. I think you're right ... more vibrant looks better to me right now. I'll swing my vote. 3 & 1

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 10:55 AM
Text me how much money you need.

DeputyDog
05-22-2015, 11:28 AM
I say go with the color.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Looks like color it is. Got'ta get some ebay shipping done and meet Lynn for lunch. I'll get back and finish up the final details later. I'm out'ta here for a few hours.

Arty
05-22-2015, 11:42 AM
Looks like color it is. Got'ta get some ebay shipping done and meet Lynn for lunch. I'll get back and finish up the final details later. I'm out'ta here for a few hours.
Answer your damn texts

Thumper
05-22-2015, 04:10 PM
Just so youse dufes know, these sprays come in 3 categories ... same spray, just less greenery and more flowers as the you climb the $$$ ladder. I don't even need to ask, because I think I know what the answer would be anyway ... but I'm making the executive decision to go with the top option. It's from ALL of us. We'll do Niner proud and Di should have no doubt how much we thought of him here.

I know it's a small pic, but I haven't had much luck expanding it.

https://www.ftdimg.com/pics/products/S37-4522P_120x120.jpg

Product description:

The Blessings of the Earth™ Easel is a soft and serene arrangement that elegantly honors the life of the deceased. Lavender roses, pink carnations, pink Asiatic lilies, blue hydrangea, yellow stock, lavender button poms, solidago and lush greens are beautifully accented with a lavender satin ribbon and displayed on a wire easel to create a gorgeous display for their memorial service.
Approximately 36"H x 20"W.

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 04:11 PM
You're doing great. Just decide for us, and roll on. We trust you.

Thanks for doing it.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Hey, there was a time when I was the recipient of the generosity of this place ... and it came at a time when I was at rock bottom ... physically, emotionally and financially. The HUGE difference was, I made it through all of that to personally enjoy the power of this little family we have here. I'm hoping Bill will be able to look down and experience that same joy. If he's busy getting checked in at the gate and misses it ... I'm sure Di will fill him in once he gets settled.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 04:32 PM
Last request for suggestions ...

There's no way to list all the names/monikers of the complete membership here ... so I need a suggestion on what to put on the "small" card that will be attached to the arrangement. I ain't all that good with mushy words and stuff. ;)

Who are we going to be? The Gang at Good Hunting? Your Good Hunting Family? That sort of thing. (actually, the note and/or "signature" suggestion is welcomed)

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 04:35 PM
The GoodHunting crew that loved you.

Bwana
05-22-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm with the colorful choice and let me know what I owe.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Nobody "owes" anything Bwana. It's coming out of the Good Hunting General Fund. Additional pledges have already been made to replenish the fund, but our site expenses as well as this present expense is covered. Anything coming in will simply be a donation to the site to replenish our general fund. Once the dust settles, I'll post an updated ledger here.

The members of this site are extremely generous at times like this and we have a special "family" here ... that's for sure.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Ok, I'd think we'd be good with "Your Good Hunting Family". Di knows what it means and she can explain it to other family members.

BTW ... I like your last suggestion Sunny ... the others seems so "common" ... almost overused ... but exactly what I came up with.

Anybody else?

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 05:03 PM
That is fine. I still like mine.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Heck, that's fine ... I'll roll with it if anyone else wants to go with it. I'm open and have some time ...

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 05:33 PM
My experience is that no one remembers those kind of details.

Anything you choose is great.

Thumper
05-22-2015, 06:34 PM
The spray has been ordered .. their top of the line in the style we chose above. I also enclosed a card with the message:

You will be eternally loved and missed by your GoodHunting family.

Delivery to the funeral home no later than 4:00 PM (per Funeral Director) on Wednesday, 05/27/15

You guys are the best ...

Buckrub
05-22-2015, 07:15 PM
Thank you so much, Jim.

DeputyDog
05-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Jim, thank you for handling this.

Bwana
05-23-2015, 11:42 AM
I very much appreciate your efforts Jim. Thanks!