PDA

View Full Version : Sucky Ending to my Memorial Day Weekend

LJ3
05-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Lost a beloved family pet yesterday. He was acting very weird all day so I kept an eye on him and setup a place for him to chill since he kept trying to sort of hide to get himself out of the way and lay down. Turns out he was way sicker than I thought and my favorite cat Peanut (the ghost spotter) died what appeared to be an agonizingly painful death right in my arms yesterday.

No need to respond, apparently I just needed to write it down.

Cat haters, keep it to yourselves on this one please :)

Len

Thumper
05-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Well, I'll respond anydamnway. Been there, done that and it sucks. I guess they all do the same when they're really sick ... but you can't beat yourself up over it as you just never know for sure. I'm sorry for ya' dude. :(

HideHunter
05-26-2015, 01:57 PM
That does suck. Man gets attached.. Sorry.

LJ3
05-26-2015, 02:04 PM
THanks boys... I did manage to bury him in a sweet as spot on the river. I should be so lucky.

Bwana
05-26-2015, 02:07 PM
It always sucks losing a pet, sorry to hear it.

LW
05-26-2015, 04:47 PM
I have a cat named peanut. Sorry bud.

Big Skyz
05-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Losing a pet that is like family is always a painful experience. Sorry for your loss Len.

Nandy
05-26-2015, 04:57 PM
This sucks... sorry man...

No-till Boss
05-26-2015, 05:44 PM
I have a cat who has nothing to do with me all day, and I mean nothing. But every night about 9:30 I open the backdoor and she comes in, then she will follow me to the bedroom. After I get laid down, she snuggle agaisnt one of my legs, when I get up in the mornings, she walk to the same door she came in, somedays I never see her during the day. I think cat are super cool.

Sorry for you lost ..... I dread that day myself.

Captain
05-26-2015, 06:07 PM
As you know I'm not a cat person, but I hate you lost your buddy. That's tough duty. Sorry for your loss.

Buckrub
05-26-2015, 06:16 PM
If you are hurting, Len, I'm hurting.

Sorry man.

Arty
05-26-2015, 07:11 PM
That blows man... These animals are certainly part of the family.

Sorry for your loss

Chicken Dinner
05-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Losing a pet is always hard. So, I'm sorry for your loss. Of course, I can't help but think it would be cool if Peanut came back and haunted you. (After a suitable period of mourning, of course.)

BarryBobPosthole
05-26-2015, 08:04 PM
^^^^^too soon?

Its hard to lose a pet, they are such members of the family. I feel for ya bud.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-26-2015, 08:09 PM
I grew up in a house full of cats and actually like them. So, I'm hoping a little humor might help.

LJ3
05-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Thanks guys. No worries CD, I smiled :)

What sucked so bad was having it all happen when I was holding him trying to comfort him. It was a godawful seizure of some sort that had him completely seize in pain. In the time when he stopped breathing till his heart stopped I was able to stroke his head in his preferred way and hopefully send him out with some love.

I don't care to experience anything like that ever again.

Nandy
05-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Im fighting an attrition per war here. As they go I wont get new ones. Now that is just DW, my son and I there is no one to take care of them (2 cats and a rabbit) when we do the extended trips plus the 2 cats dont get along. The old cat wants to kill the kitten so we have them in 12 hours rotation. Pain in the butt....

BarryBobPosthole
05-26-2015, 10:15 PM
My son came to visit over Memorial and asked if I'd take his dog as his new living situation won't support him. Its a two year old Siberian Husky that we know well already. He's supposedly here on a two week trial but I know he's here's to stay. He's a great dog and I feel sorry for him because none of this shit is his fault. He's been like WTFO? He settled in today though and has had a big hound dog smile on his face.

So we gained one this weekend.

BKB

LJ3
05-27-2015, 12:35 PM
hah, two weeks my butt! Sounds like you saw that one comin' up the street :)

Chicken Dinner
05-27-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking that dog must love those Okie summers.

Nandy
05-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Ahh, siberian husky, masters of escape, never ending energy, lovely howling in the mornings.... DW daughter had one, she brought it back when she moved in, she had to give her away in about 2 months since she could not take care of it. Beautiful animal but required attention, lots of it and time.

BarryBobPosthole
05-27-2015, 04:43 PM
One of my beefs about the breed is they are runners. Give them half a chance and they'll bolt and most of the time they end up getting hit on the road. We just had our first experience with it today. Juie came in and didn't notice he went out to the garage when she came in. Then I opened the garage door and kaboom, he bolted. Ran about a mile, and across a very busy street. I finally got him cornered in a church parking lot and got him in the truck. This goddamned dog may give me a coronary.

BKB

johnboy
05-27-2015, 05:32 PM
We had an Alaskan malamute about 3 dogs ago. Similar traits. He loved to roam given half a chance. Be prepared for a LOT of brushing and bags of hair when they blow their winter coat in the spring. Great dogs though.

Buckrub
05-27-2015, 05:35 PM
We had an Alaskan malamute about 3 dogs ago. Similar traits. He loved to roam given half a chance. Be prepared for a LOT of brushing and bags of hair when they blow their winter coat in the spring. Great dogs though.

That's no different than Posthole............same/same.

Nandy
05-27-2015, 06:54 PM
Listen, that dog she brought broke THRU the fence, it actually head butted the backyard fence until it broke it open. However, it was chained BUT the chain was long enough for him to reach outside. The neighbor has a little blood hound that takes off every know and then. I would not like to see what could had happened...
He chew my trailers wire harness, chew the house gutter drainage, dug holes and will jump on people... Not the dog fault, this is a very energetic breed which needed attention and exercise from a 19 year old that all she wanted to do was hanging with her friends. That energy and desire to run free is what makes them such great sledge dogs. Each can pull 100 pounds with ease....

Good luck.

BarryBobPosthole
05-27-2015, 07:10 PM
One of the things I have on my list is a harness and a wagon I can load my grandsons up in so we can wear off some of that energy.

BKB

Haha....edited for CD

Chicken Dinner
05-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Let's leave your "thongs" out of this. (What has bee imagined cannot be unimagined...)

Nandy
05-27-2015, 07:29 PM
Make sure you have brakes on that thing or at least a disconnect. I seen those dogs in action, once it takes off there no way to catch up with them until the next county!

HideHunter
05-27-2015, 08:27 PM
Yep - I rode a 175 Bridgestone motorcycle pulled by 5 champion sled dogs for 9 miles (didn't run - there wasn't even a key). Owner told me to keep them right at 25 mph. I had to ride the brakes the whole way. I was impressed beyond words. Great experience.