PDA

View Full Version : thinking about buying

quercus alba
05-28-2015, 07:54 PM
a Coleman propane lantern. I've used the old pump up gas lanterns but never propane. Any thoughts or suggestions? Supposed to put out 900+ lumens or roughly 100 watts

BarryBobPosthole
05-28-2015, 08:03 PM
They're compact, easy on mantles, and pretty clean compared to the old style. I upgraded all my old gas lanterns with co2 cartidges and that works well too, but to be honest, with the new propane ones it just isn't worth fooling around with white gas any more.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-28-2015, 08:23 PM
I've had one over 20 years and don't think I've changed the mantle lore than once..

Thumper
05-28-2015, 08:54 PM
I gave up on the old Coleman fuel lanters years ago and went to propane. Do it ... you won't regret it. They are pretty much hassle free ... I think I used to buy the canisters in 3-packs at Sam's years ago. No cans of liquid to spill, no funnel, no smelly hands, etc ... just screw it on and light it.

Buckrub
05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Know nothing about it. Did find a brand new coleman lantern at the farm, but had a broken glass. In some almost new plastic housing. Found 5 gallon jugs of coleman fuel..........dunno if it goes bad, must be at least 12 years old. Maybe older.

Thumper
05-28-2015, 08:57 PM
Heck, I never thought about it. It's white gas ... I don't think there's anything in it to go bad actually.