PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Mecklenburg tax revaluation crap!

Nandy
05-28-2015, 08:50 PM
so yeah, the county apparently made some mistakes revaluating the houses since 2011 and are sending bills to collect the owned tax for their screw up. so guess what, I got hit from 2011 until 2014 so I got 4 nice bills in the mail today for over $800 each. So I own Mecklenburg over $3,400.00 in taxes and they are due on January 2016. They fuckup and I have to pay up a huge bill that should have been covered in the escrow... There is no way I can pay that and I am sure they will want to collect late fees also. I guess all I can do is appeal the value but I am not sure that will help much. Damn it, that is why I have an escrow account, to pay those taxes but because they messed up now I am behind, even if I make a payment plan we are talking over $570 a month... Man, I am pissed!!!!!

Thanks for listening..

PS - http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/owners-undervalued-homes-could-be-forced-pay-back-/ngK6Q/

Buckrub
05-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Wow. That is amazingly terrible! Good grief.

I just went today to the Assessor's office and locked in my real estate valuation for life, as of my 65th birthday. Still, I wish I could sell the house for what they have it valued at!

Thumper
05-28-2015, 08:56 PM
That sucks big weenies Nandy. Sorry to hear that.

Nandy
05-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Me thinks they went and spent more that they expected and now decided to go back and make some money... Bastards.

Big Muddy
05-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Nandy, the same thing happened down here, last year, on a bunch of farmer's grain bin valuations....we appealed it, as a group, and got the amounts cut nearly 50%.

Captain
05-29-2015, 05:26 AM
We were discussing this very situation down here in Islamorada last night. It is a screwed up situation for sure.

LJ3
05-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Nandy, I would think if you went to the office and explained that you don't have that kind of cash flowing out of your pockets they may work with you on a more reasonable payment schedule. Just be nice when you talk to the first clerk you talk to. They usually have more power than you realize.

BarryBobPosthole
05-29-2015, 10:13 AM
If there was ever a reason to be marching in the damn streets, this is it. All 100,000 people need to show up at the legislature at the same time and demand that they fix some shit for citizens for a chamge.
BKB

HideHunter
05-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Bad scene.. Years ago, about the time our bar/restaurant started turning a profit, our county taxes hiked "too much". My mom was a former Deputy Recorder so she checked the tax roles. Discovered, even with a 150 year-old building we were paying the second highest taxes in town behind the grain elevator. So we protested.. and they raised the taxes on every other business in town... We never mentioned that to anyone. ;)

Buckrub
05-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Bad scene.. Years ago, about the time our bar/restaurant started turning a profit, our county taxes hiked "too much". My mom was a former Deputy Recorder so she checked the tax roles. Discovered, even with a 150 year-old building we were paying the second highest taxes in town behind the grain elevator. So we protested.. and they raised the taxes on every other business in town... We never mentioned that to anyone. ;)

You just did. :smash

:)

Nandy
05-29-2015, 05:20 PM
Yup, fucked up, how should they be awarded with late fees (I am sure most will not be able to pay this much money in 6 months) when they are the reason I am late. I have always paid my house taxes on time via the escrow. IF any they should allow us to pay they debt back fee free for the same time period they were late in notifying us they made an error. I will be fine with that... All that time I was thinking that the county was matching the taxes according to the economy... fuckers...

HideHunter
05-29-2015, 08:04 PM
You just did. :smash

:)

Yep - but I just roughed it off in my head.. That's been 20+ years ago and there's not a single one of those business still in existence (except the elevator- they are now Tri-Oaks Food and pay more than 70% of all the taxes in town) What was left - the flood wiped out.