PDA

View Full Version : I could cry...

HideHunter
05-29-2015, 10:44 AM
but people laugh at me when I do - so I won't. Got time for a "Thump Story"?

Remember several months ago I posted about air rifles. Bought one from a guy I know (through the mail - sight unseen) and it was perfect for my needs. .22 RWS 36 Diana, tuned by one of foremost airgun-smiths in the country. 4x12x40 AO Hawke scope - good mounts and rings. Shot like a house afire. I had it a month or so, killed a couple rabbits, numerous starlings and a squirrel with it. Then - I let the SIL shoot it. He lives in a little housing development and has occasional "varmint" problems. He wanted it, I said no - Grandson shot it - he wanted it.. You can guess how that went. :crybaby

Fast forward.. Same guy has another one for sale:

"I’ve traded into another Walther LGV Challenger Ultra in .22 with a 3-12x40AO 44mag scope. Shoots great, just a “thunk” when you pull the trigger and of course amazingly accurate. If you or DJ are interested in it, I’ll bring it along. You’re going to get a super deal on it if you want it. I don’t need 2 of them."

Wasn't "quite" the deal the RWS was but - all set up - and no question about the quality... Until I got it.. Scope isn't a .44 mag (Simmons -great airgun reviews) - It's a Tasco Mag... and is junk. I know everyone here has fooled with junk optics.. They are worse than nothing. I've already shot 10 bucks worth of pellets chasing it around the paper. Won't hold POI - POI changes when you crank up the power. Just not good.

So - no sense of fooling around.. Just as well buy something. Another couple hundred dollars makes it waaaaaay less of deal. I did drop him a note - but I guess I'm really not asking him to do anything.

So - this was a bit like some of the conversations my wife comes up with. I don't want you guys to "fix" anything - I just wanted to bitch. ;)

LJ3
05-29-2015, 10:56 AM
It's not about the scope!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-4EDhdAHrOg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buckrub
05-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Good luck with all that. I have a boat and trailer story, but being the slow learner that I am, I learned a bit ago to never again 'tell on myself' in this venue. My function here is reduced to saying "good job" and telling Posthole he's 'Wrong about Wong', and other mundane things.

BUT....if it had been me, I'd have shot him. Just sayin'.............. :beerbust

HideHunter
05-29-2015, 11:30 AM
lol... I'd forgotten about that one LJ - Perfect! ;)

Thumper
05-29-2015, 12:18 PM
... if it had been me, I'd have shot him. Just sayin'..............

Ha! With that scope ... he couldn't have hit him! ;)

Seriously, that sucks HideyHo.