PDA

View Full Version : Uncle already

Captain
05-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Any human that can crank in more than 5 tarpon a day is a damn man! My arms and back are so sore and give out we are going out in the gulf tomorrow to fish for Permits, Snooks, redfish and bonefish.
I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER TARPON!
In addition to the tarpon today I landed a 4 foot Barracuda, and a 7 foot 200 plus pound shark. He was a monster.
I will need some of you dudes help with video clips. You can not put a tarpon in the boat any more by law so all I have is video clips the guide took of me fighting the fish and releasing them beside the boat.
I don't have a clue how to edit or shorten the clips to up load here. My biggest was the last of the day, a 90 plus pound tarpon that jumped 4 times and took 2 hours to bring in.
What a trip!

Arty
05-29-2015, 08:53 PM
The clip you sent me....is a big ole file...I can upload it to YouTube and then link it from there to here.

By the way, that fish was no more than 89.5 pounds. Stop lying when you say 90... :)

Buckrub
05-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Wow. Very cool. Can't wait to see.

Captain
05-29-2015, 08:59 PM
That's the smallest clip I have. The guide would make this clips literally 8 to 10 minutes long. That's what I'm saying. I don't know how to "cut" then down. In fact I think most of them are too long to email.
Maybe when I get home Hammerhead can make short clips out of them or maybe even some still pictures of the jumps?

Buckrub
05-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Ask Len how to do a 'vidcap'...........a pic of a frame inside the video.

I know that's cool, I heard it somewhere.......

Thumper
05-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Wussie! You let those little fishies kick your butt? ;)

HideHunter
05-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Any human that can crank in more than 5 tarpon a day is a damn man! My arms and back are so sore and give out we are going out in the gulf tomorrow to fish for Permits, Snooks, redfish and bonefish.
I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANOTHER TARPON!
In addition to the tarpon today I landed a 4 foot Barracuda, and a 7 foot 200 plus pound shark. He was a monster.
I will need some of you dudes help with video clips. You can not put a tarpon in the boat any more by law so all I have is video clips the guide took of me fighting the fish and releasing them beside the boat.
I don't have a clue how to edit or shorten the clips to up load here. My biggest was the last of the day, a 90 plus pound tarpon that jumped 4 times and took 2 hours to bring in.
What a trip!

You're breaking my freaking heart... and though I'm doubting sympathy is really what you were after.. as the old saying goes, "It's in the dictionary - right between shit and syphilis." :rockets

Arty
05-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Here's one...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EP5wbC_Knp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arty
05-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Another

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AkpooyDip2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arty
05-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Last one
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vIv17J05moc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nandy
05-29-2015, 11:19 PM
Larke, once you get back I can copy the files. I have professional Sony video editing software and I can play with it and upload it to youtube. There are file size and length restrictions, been a while, but generally you can put about 7 min of video.