PDA

View Full Version : Our Memorial Weekend....short version....

Big Muddy
05-30-2015, 03:04 AM
Some days, it's just better to stay in bed !!!!! ;)

>Arrived at lake house, and two skunks were screwing under the carport....bad omen for the weekend ahead!!!
>They didn't like the coitus interruptus, so they both sprayed down the side of the house
>$50 bucks worth of Lysol, Glade, Febreze, and assorted pine-scented stuff, later, the house smelled like aromatic skunk
>It was suppose to be just wifey and me for a quiet weekend, together
>Yeah right!!!....kids and grandkids showed up, unannounced, around midnight
>And, the grands brought five of their rowdy teenage friends
>I burned up $80 bucks worth of boat fuel in four hours, pulling all of their little azzes on skis and tubes
>Just as we sat down for our supper meal, lightning struck the transformer, in our front yard
>No lights, no air cond., no well-water for five hours
>By candlelight, I witnessed seven grown teenage girls and boys devour five slabs of ribs in less than 12 minutes
>Teenagers morph into rabid zombies, without power for their tv, ipads, and cell phones
>However, I think they took me serious, when I threatened to hang and quarter them ;)
>Ten minutes after all the guests departed, wifey tripped over her rocking chair, and smashed her wrist on the tile floor
>Rushed her to the hosp. ER, but no broken bones, just badly swollen hand....looks like one of those fat cartoon hands;)
>Decided to just leave the lake house and return home, only to find that our outside air cond. unit was fubared
>House was hotter than Thump's fork at a KFC buffet
>Got the a/c repaired the next morning, so I planned a crappie trip
>It hasn't stopped raining ever since.

Thumper
05-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Ummmm, maybe you should rethink those future retirement plans. If this trial run is any indication, I don't think you're cut out for it. ;)

No-till Boss
05-30-2015, 06:15 AM
That's is about the way my 4th of July weekend goes at my lake.

What lake were you at ? Our lake ( Greers) is too deep and nasty right now .

Big Muddy
05-30-2015, 10:48 AM
NT, it's Lake Chicot at Lake Village....it is the largest oxbow lake in North America and the largest natural lake in Arkansas....it is approximately 3/4 miles wide and 22 miles long from end to end....Charles Lindbergh made his first ever nighttime flight, over Lake Chicot and Lake Village in April 1923.

We absolutely love it!!!....(except for the occasional screwing skunks. ;) )

Big Muddy
05-30-2015, 10:57 AM
Ha, Thump, you just might be correct about that....definitely, a string of bad luck for us....hopefully, we got all of the bad sheeit outta the way, and better days are in the future. ;)

Buckrub
05-30-2015, 11:27 AM
Good grief. Only way that coulda been worse is if you had invited me.........and then I can assure you some bad luck you haven't even imagined would occur!

I still want to fish Lake Chicot.......never have. Every lake here is 30 feet high, or more!

No-till Boss
05-30-2015, 11:30 AM
NT, it's Lake Chicot at Lake Village....it is the largest oxbow lake in North America and the largest natural lake in Arkansas....it is approximately 3/4 miles wide and 22 miles long from end to end....Charles Lindbergh made his first ever nighttime flight, over Lake Chicot and Lake Village in April 1923.

We absolutely love it!!!....(except for the occasional screwing skunks. ;) )

That sounds pretty cool, thanks for the info. I have a place on Greers close to the devil's fork/ edgemont bridge .

Buckrub
05-30-2015, 12:07 PM
That sounds pretty cool, thanks for the info. I have a place on Greers close to the devil's fork/ edgemont bridge .

Really? Why? LOL

I'll be camping at Devils Fork July 15-20.

No-till Boss
05-30-2015, 12:12 PM
Really? Why? LOL

I'll be camping at Devils Fork July 15-20.

Be sure and take your E Coli medicine !

Really what ?

Buckrub
05-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Really,,, why would a rich man want to buy a place on that particular lake, so full of water lice and drunk idiots?

Oh, I forgot......you're in NEA..........ain't no other option for you without a 5 hour drive!

JK, man. It's a fine lake.............in the winter.

No-till Boss
05-30-2015, 12:28 PM
Really,,, why would a rich man want to buy a place on that particular lake, so full of water lice and drunk idiots?

Oh, I forgot......you're in NEA..........ain't no other option for you without a 5 hour drive!

JK, man. It's a fine lake.............in the winter.

91 miles from door to door ! I take offense to you calling my lake white trash ferry ....LOL

Nandy
06-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Big Muddy, sorry to hear how your weekend turned from bad to worst. At least the wife did not break anything.. Better luck next outing!