PDA

View Full Version : Any direct knowledge on these cell phone boosters?

Buckrub
05-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Going to farm Wednesday. Wife's Note II can get a bar or two in the house. My Note III gets nothing much at all, occasionally a percentage of a bar.

Seriously considering going to Best Buy and getting one of those cell phone boosters. But there are a zillion types, and brands. I use ATT service.

Anyone with direct knowledge or experience on these things, or have a recommendation? The reviews are all over the place. It seems that it is only going to work IF there is a semblance of a signal to start with, so it can boost it. I think we have that, since the wife's phone works fair. Erecting outside antenna might be an issue, but doable.

Thoughts?

Thumper
05-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Buckster, I'm not positive, but I believe Sunshine uses one. You may want to contact her ... or wait until she checks in here.

No-till Boss
05-31-2015, 07:09 PM
I know a cheap one is about $400 and expensive one is about $1,500.

Sunshine
05-31-2015, 07:38 PM
I texted you the info.

Nandy
06-01-2015, 04:12 PM
the company goal is to move to all tcp/ip, once that happens you should be able to get your cellphone calls thru your wifi. Still a few years in the making.

Buckrub
06-01-2015, 04:15 PM
No wifi at the farm. No internet at all. Boosting cell coverage is all I got to hope for.

Nandy
06-01-2015, 04:37 PM
I hear you, call ATT and let them know. The only repeaters I know they have work off the internet but I am no salesman. I like to hear what you find, at times I have been in places that I could have used one if this is in anyway portable...

Buckrub
06-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Google "wilson gsm boosters"

AT&T has been told.........they couldn't care less.

No-till Boss
06-01-2015, 05:54 PM
No wifi at the farm. No internet at all. Boosting cell coverage is all I got to hope for.

Oddly enough, I just got off the phone with a company who carrys them. They get to the lake about once a month and the next time they head that way, they're going to take one and set it up to see if there is any real value in it for me before I buy it.