PDA

View Full Version : More government failure

Buckrub
06-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Sorry, but this is getting epidemic.

So, we have to take our shoes off. Stand in long lines. Be searched by dufi. Have our 2.87 ounces of shampoo confiscated.

For what???

Here's what. NOTHING.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tsa-fails-internal-test-lets-fake-bombs-through/ar-BBkukY7

Buckrub
06-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Death by old age has stopped more terrorists than the TSA.

But fine........y'all don't have to think about it.

Nandy
06-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Im with you bucky, there is just nothing else to say, at least not on my part....

Nandy
06-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Or maybe I do have something to say... This is what I think when I think about the tsa agents...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRnzZZw84v0

Advance to 8:45, beware, these is some foul language used....

BarryBobPosthole
06-01-2015, 11:29 PM
The budget for Homeland Security, which the name pisses me off so much I want to spit when I say it, started at $18 billion and for 2016 is $42 billion. If we'd increased the budget of the various agencies by half that much we'd have gotten twice the effectiveness. Homeland Security is about as useful as the govern,ent guidance to hide under our wooden fucking desks when we were kids in case of nuclear attack. Tom Ridge was a joke, and we all just sat there and watched as they rolled out the primary color scheme that gave neither a feeling of alarm nor safety, just an ambiguous roiling in the pits of our stomach.

Yeah, I hate it too. It'll turn into the KGB some day, wait and see.
A fucking invention of Karl Rove.

BKB

Captain
06-02-2015, 06:36 AM
HOW TO PREDICT A PAT DOWN....

Buckrub
06-02-2015, 10:12 AM
The budget for Homeland Security, which the name pisses me off so much I want to spit when I say it, started at $18 billion and for 2016 is $42 billion. If we'd increased the budget of the various agencies by half that much we'd have gotten twice the effectiveness. Homeland Security is about as useful as the govern,ent guidance to hide under our wooden fucking desks when we were kids in case of nuclear attack. Tom Ridge was a joke, and we all just sat there and watched as they rolled out the primary color scheme that gave neither a feeling of alarm nor safety, just an ambiguous roiling in the pits of our stomach.

Yeah, I hate it too. It'll turn into the KGB some day, wait and see.
A fucking invention of Karl Rove.

BKB

Posty's attitude today is Orange.

Agree on Dept of HS. Also.......Jimmy Carter started Dept of Energy with one purpose.......to eliminate our dependence on foreign oil. Their budget is.......well, it's growth is no adequately describable in words........and it has done nothing. In fact, it gets in the way of it's mission more than it succeeds.

Government sucks, I tell ya. All of it.

DeputyDog
06-02-2015, 01:00 PM
I'm not defending them at all, but since they've started "Homeland Security" they have incorporated Immigration, Customs, and the Border Patrol into the DHS. I bet if you look at those agency's budgets prior to their inclusion, the increase wouldn't be so big if you added them all together with the original DHS budget.

I see the heads are starting to roll too. They just reassigned Melvin Carraway, who happened to be the former Superintendent of the Indiana State Police. He was an idiot then too.

One other thing, Bucky says those are fake.

BarryBobPosthole
06-02-2015, 01:41 PM
2001 budgets

Coast Guard. $4.7 B
Immigration. $800
Border Patrol. $1.7 B

Sorry, the belief that combining the departments contributes to most of the expense is bogus. We've created this giant monster and its fed by the pols and media proclaiming our borders aren't secure, we're in emminent danger from terrorists flying into the country, and nowadays its that our citizens are joining ISIS by the tens of thousands, none of which is in the least bit true. Its both a political lever between liberal and conservative and neither side is right. Its also a politically appointed cabinet position and therefore pretty much at the will of the president, this huge and rapidly growing federal 'security force'. Again we're being victimized by the fear mongers. And almost none of it is based on fact.

BKB

Thumper
06-02-2015, 02:07 PM
$800.00? Man-o-man, the Immigration Dept. is getting screwed!

Actually, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services are 99% funded by fees charged.

DeputyDog
06-02-2015, 02:13 PM
I didn't mean to imply that was the only reason, but could be a contributing factor. Isn't everything other than Congress, POTUS, VPOTUS, and SCOTUS justices just a politically appointed government position?

BarryBobPosthole
06-02-2015, 03:20 PM
I'll just put my tin foil hat on and say this: with TSA at every commercial airport in the USA, if the federal government didn't want ANYONE in the USA to fly from point A to Point B, they could prevent it. Commercial air traffic security used to be the responsibility of the carriers themselves. Now, thanks to TSA, the feds say who flies and who doesn't. You don't feel the least bit creepy about that? In the fog of fear, we made some dumbass decisions and gave up a lot of our liberties. And we did it gladly. its high time we start first and foremost thinking for our own goddamned selves and stop listening to talking heads.

BKB

Thumper
06-02-2015, 06:37 PM
So ... what do you REALLY think? :D

Buckrub
06-02-2015, 06:53 PM
I guess.........um............

Well, every time we turn around, there's another government agency or program that is awful, sucks, is intrusive, inefficient, and many times corrupt.

Yet, many folks continue to think "Well, government is good for us and does good things. We need the government to step in and do X and help us out".

Just seems you can't be truly thinking and arrive at such conclusions. That's just my opinion.

Thumper
06-03-2015, 09:48 AM
For P-hole. :D

Buckrub
06-03-2015, 10:29 AM
Nixon erased 18 1/2 minutes of tape.

Hillary deleted 30,000 official emails. And lied about Benghazi.

And she is their hero.

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2015, 11:35 AM
BAM!

Captain
06-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Nixon erased 18 1/2 minutes of tape. Hillary deleted 30,000 official emails. And lied about Benghazi. And she is their hero.

Best I've ever read...

BarryBobPosthole
06-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Bunch a goombahs.

BKB

Nandy
06-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Y'all can chitchat all you want, I keep coming back to this thread to see the "pat down" opportunity even though is a Photoshop.....

Chicken Dinner
06-04-2015, 12:18 PM
TSA Agents To Now Simply Stand At Checkpoints And Remind Passengers That We All Die Someday

NEWS IN BRIEF
June 2, 2015

Vol 51 Issue 22
News · Death · Government · Travel

ARLINGTON, VA— Following the release of a report indicating that the agency failed 95 percent of security tests, the Transportation Security Administration announced Tuesday that agents will now simply stand at airport checkpoints and remind all passengers that everybody will eventually die someday. “As part of our new security protocol, TSA agents at every checkpoint will carefully inform each passenger that life is a temporary state and that no man can escape the fate that awaits us all,” said acting TSA administrator Mark Hatfield, adding that under the new guidelines, agents will ensure that passengers fully understand and accept the inevitability of death as they proceed through the boarding pass check, luggage screening, and body scanner machines. “Signs posted throughout the queues will also state that death is unpredictable but guaranteed, and a series of looping PA messages will reiterate to passengers that, even if they survive this flight, they could still easily die in 10 years or even tomorrow.” Hatfield went on to say that the TSA plans to add a precheck program that will expedite the process for passengers the agency deems comfortable with the ephemeral nature of life.

LJ3
06-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Now THAT is funny!

Nandy
06-04-2015, 04:42 PM
CD, I like where you get your news!