PDA

View Full Version : Parting Shot

Buckrub
06-02-2015, 11:01 PM
Leaving tomorrow for the farm for a few days.

Just one question for Posty before I go............ If you had sent Wong down, would you be calling him up by now?

(I crack myself up. But boy, that kid is a star. If he ain't the All Star 2nd baseman, then something is amiss, like maybe they pick the team by letting stupid fans vote that want to send stars down to the minors, or sumpin.......

ok, wait............)

WPS in the Super Regional, and Go Cards.

BarryBobPosthole
06-03-2015, 06:15 AM
Hey, I was wong about Wong. You were wong about Shelby Miller. We were both wong about Justin Heyward.

Kill the umpires! The one last night suck big green donkey wongs.

BKB

Cards01
06-03-2015, 09:05 AM
AGREED!!!!

Buckrub
06-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Did you see that guy the other night? Um......Mark something. WHAT A SNOT! Singin' Joe West is well known. He, Angel Hernandez, and this Mark guy (Price??), like being on TV and have "little man syndrome", even though Joe is big. They're jerks.

And Heyward has to go. I said from spring training that Grichuk is a star and MUST play, no matter what. But no, we can't pay him a half mill, we have to pay Heyward 8 mill!!

Surely Heyward is trade bait, along with somebody, for a pitcher..........

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2015, 09:25 AM
I swear I think balls and strikes calls have been worse this year than I've ever seen. Balls literally right down the middle of the plate called balls because the ump is set up on the inside and the pitcher didn't hit the catcher's glove perfectly.

DeputyDog
06-03-2015, 09:32 AM
One of the radio broadcasters for the Tigers is a former catcher, and he really talks about the importance of the catcher "framing" pitches and how that will help the pitcher get some calls from the umps.

Buckrub
06-03-2015, 09:37 AM
MLB umps have put other sports' refs to shame for years. Many are so good it's scary. But there are some that obviously have an agenda, and are 'bigger than the game'. Joe West has been on Ryan Braun's case for years, and called every pitch a strike, no matter where it is. Braun goes nuts! Braun is right, but hey, he deserves it IMHO. You wanna dance, you pay the piper.

But last night was absurd. On both sides. Just nuts. And the worst part is that after having a 5 foot wide strike zone all night, in the 8th and 9th, it turns into a mailbox! Just worthless. Fans don't come out, or watch TV, to see these idiots. They want to see the game played according to the rules by professionals.

LJ3
06-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Just worthless. Fans don't come out, or watch TV, to see these idiots. They want to see the game played according to the rules by professionals.

Bryce Harper and the Washington DC Metro Area agree with yourfineself, Bucky!

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2015, 11:34 AM
Len beat me to it!

BarryBobPosthole
06-03-2015, 02:37 PM
MLB needs to consider letting umpires use PEDs.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
06-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Yeah, the NFL obviously does. Look at this gun show:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/assets/images/9/3/8/64350938/cuts/ed_hochuli_q01lmaxe_13hqnulx.jpg