PDA

View Full Version : Unfrigging believable!

Thumper
06-05-2015, 02:05 PM
I think maybe I need to buy a lottery ticket or maybe plan a quick trip to Vegas!

My buddy showed up in my driveway at 6:15 this morning and we headed out to a few estate sales. Three were here in town and there was another in the next town over (about a 17-18 mile drive). So, we hit the local sales first, then went to see what might be left over at the most distant one. We didn't get there until about 10:30-11:00, so everything was pretty picked over. I walked into the kitchen and spotted a cast iron skillet on the kitchen counter and it had a $10 price tag attached. Ok, the FIRST thing that popped into my head was "Taiwan" or maybe a recent Lodge from Wally World. I picked it up anyway and flipped it over. WTF???? It was a SPOTTLESS (almost mint) 11 1/4" (12" at the spouts) Griswold skillet!! People had been walking right past this thing all morning and ignoring it! Anyway, it now has a new home right here next to my desk ... well, until I get it listed for sale anyway.

It's not one of the heavy hitters ... a small logo ... but it'll bring some very nice cashola! (they'll bring $75-$175 depending on condition) Here's what I gots. :D

4888 4889