PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming with the site logo

Nandy
06-05-2015, 04:28 PM
It needs work, changes, opinions, options, likes, dislikes...

I need a hi res of that picture, pm me for my email.

I dont like the color for the logo. nor the color for the caption. In fact, I cant find a freaking color I think is good enough. The software I have for picture editing is a bit basic. I have some other stuff but I need to see if I find my license.
Anyone that is of artistic nature can probably do a better job. I guess it can be posted here and I can upload whatever the group likes.

Nandy
06-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Interesting, I had to force my IE to clear the cache before I could see the new banner. IN case you dont see it this is it:

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/nandy_temp/lake_conine_testing_v5.jpg

I referred the link to a different page to eradicate cache issues but the actual banner in this page might still show the old pic until the cache is clear but you can hold on that until a final decision is done.

Thumper
06-05-2015, 06:51 PM
Perfect! Well, almost. Can you Photoshop that dufe in the foreground out'ta there? :D

Nandy
06-05-2015, 07:02 PM
lol, will a blonde in a tiny bikini fit your taste better? wait, I will have to use 3 girls to cover him "around"...:thumbsup

Captain
06-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Bite me both of youse....

No-till Boss
06-05-2015, 10:10 PM
I love the funny looking deer !

HideHunter
06-05-2015, 10:23 PM
I still see the old banner (even in your post) and I don't know what the hell "clear my cache" means.. or is this another internal joke I'm not privy to? ;)

Nandy
06-06-2015, 12:37 AM
Nope, not a joke. I referenced the image in my post to the same url in the server so your browser is still caching the same old image for both.

Depending on your browser the process will be different but really easy.

how clear Firefox cache (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache)

clearing cache in Google Chrome (http://www.guidingtech.com/1662/clearing-cache-in-google-chrome/)

clearing cache Internet Explorer 9, 10, 11 (https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141)

Nandy
06-06-2015, 12:58 AM
I love the funny looking deer !

Which deer? If you are not seeing Niner and Larke fishing in Lake Conine you are having cache issues too. I fixed my post so you can see the new banner without doing anything to the cache. Once we get a final banner then you can worry about the cache. Generally your browser will catch up eventually but it depend on your settings.

Im out of here, gone to Chester State park until Monday for some R&R.

Later y'all!

HideHunter
06-06-2015, 09:44 AM
Got it.. I'm a freaking technological genius. :biggrin . now to go see what the hell else I screwed up in the process. ;) Cool pic, btw.

No-till Boss
06-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Which deer? If you are not seeing Niner and Larke fishing in Lake Conine you are having cache issues too. I fixed my post so you can see the new banner without doing anything to the cache. Once we get a final banner then you can worry about the cache. Generally your browser will catch up eventually but it depend on your settings.

Im out of here, gone to Chester State park until Monday for some R&R.

Later y'all!

HideHunter
06-06-2015, 12:04 PM
No problem no till.. when you come to understand "all things computer" like me - you'll fix that. ;)

No-till Boss
06-06-2015, 12:48 PM
No problem no till.. when you come to understand "all things computer" like me - you'll fix that. ;)

Well, I'm just a DOF, (dumb old farmer) so someone will have to help me !

HideHunter
06-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Well, I'm just a DOF, (dumb old farmer) so someone will have to help me !

Well, First thing I'd do is paint that tractor red. :D

As far as the computer.. I'd help you myself - but I have no patience with the "untechnological" (that's a derogatory term us Trekkies use) (Trekkies are people who know a lot about Computers and Cyberspace and Gigglebits and Motherborgs and Stuff).. Good luck..

No-till Boss
06-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Well, First thing I'd do is paint that tractor red. :D ..

I've had my share of red, and if I can get rid of the last of it, I will NEVER buy ANYTHING red again ! and who ever wants to rents my farm will not have red either ! Red is not for me or my farm !

HideHunter
06-06-2015, 04:10 PM
I've had my share of red, and if I can get rid of the last of it, I will NEVER buy ANYTHING red again ! and who ever wants to rents my farm will not have red either ! Red is not for me or my farm !

lol.. I think you actually have to *own* a tractor before you're allowed to argue. You do - I don't. ("If ya don't playa da game - you don't maka da rules") ;) I does amaze me, though. I run a combine for my BIL 6 weeks in the fall and he feels exactly the same way about "green". None on the place.

Captain
06-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Well, First thing I'd do is paint that tractor red. :D

Then It would quit running.

HideHunter
06-06-2015, 04:22 PM
:fishing

Nandy
06-07-2015, 10:59 AM
wonder who owns a pink Tractor? sunshine?

Big Skyz
06-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Nope Kribbs, it goes with his pants. :D

Thumper
06-07-2015, 08:23 PM
"Somebody" around this joint needs to go find a tall stool. ;)

No-till Boss
06-07-2015, 08:29 PM
I can't find where you clear the cashe ? Help please !

Nandy
06-07-2015, 08:56 PM
can't help you right at the moment but if you post which browser and which version browser you have I can help you tomorrow when I get in a bit after 4pm eastern time.

Thumper
06-07-2015, 09:10 PM
You can prolly find it here NTB.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

BarryBobPosthole
06-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Just my worthless two cents but I didn't want to change it in the first place.

BKB

Thumper
06-07-2015, 10:45 PM
You're right about one thing ... your two-cents is worthless. :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-07-2015, 10:48 PM
Hahaha...yep! I must've missed something about it. I've been off the grid with my Arkansas kinfolk the past few days and havent checked in.
I'm good with whatever though.

Bkb

Thumper
06-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Well, I wasn't invited to any Secret Committee meetings either ... it just happened ... but I have no complaints. Well, except for that goofy looking little fat guy in the pic. ;)

Captain
06-08-2015, 10:03 AM
It was a superduper-ultra-secret-committee meeting.
We have some issues that need fixing, like the fact no one can register and people cannot recover a forgotten password. And since they cannot re-register and can't recover their password they are just out.
Nandy and Arty have offered to help fix and look after the site. So I let em in. I really hope the registration thing can get fixed. We need some new blood around this place. :-)

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2015, 10:07 AM
Good ideas! Just don't show 'em where we hid the Goodhumting secret stash where we keep all of sunshine's quotes. They don't have the clearance for that.

BKB

Captain
06-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Good ideas! Just don't show 'em where we hid the Goodhumting secret stash where we keep all of sunshine's quotes. They don't have the clearance for that. BKB

That requires top secret clearance....

Chicken Dinner
06-08-2015, 10:28 AM
Too bad there isn't a recently retired techie around here who could look into it.

LJ3
06-08-2015, 10:31 AM
You guys should probably keep me plugged in to what you're doing. In order of technical proficiency for running the site it goes:

-Foo
-Len
-Everyone else

It's important to document and communicate any changes we're making. This software is VERY easy to misconfigure and bring the whole shooting match down. If we don't know what happened or what was changed, we're looking at a big deal to restore.

Captain
06-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Everything is totally backed up Len.
I've been concerned for sometime and asked several times if there is anyone that can fix the registration and Password problem here. I've had no takers. Nandy has offered and will work on the problems.
He has the site backed up and has said he will have time to fix and work on things.
The priority to me (is the same as it has been for while) fixing the password recovery system and fixing the site so people can register. Mrs Niner wants to register and cannot. There is no telling how many people would like to also join. But are unable?

LJ3
06-08-2015, 10:50 AM
OK, just wanted to keep it above board and make sure things were being taken care of. I welcome any help we can get. Making notes in the Admin section to keep everyone on the same page would be a good way to centralize communication without being too much of a burden.

Captain
06-08-2015, 02:54 PM
I always stand on top of the board... :D

LJ3
06-08-2015, 03:24 PM
A matter of necessity for the vertically challenged :)

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Out standing in the field if you ask me.

BKB

Nandy
06-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Just my worthless two cents but I didn't want to change it in the first place.

BKB

The idea of changing the banner happened in this thread: Link (http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?6699-Sad-news&p=57662&viewfull=1#post57662)

Larke asked me if I can help with the site maintenance and I agreed to it. Although I have managed many sites there are mostly static pages so forums are new to me. I will need to read a bit on this part of the maintenance to understand that better but not much in the couple of weeks since there is training at work that is due at the end of the month, of which we were told today....:angryfire:angryfire Will try to figure out what is the problem with the registration as my first priority. Most other stuff is straight forward. I do not think I have admin privileges for the bulletin board or what privileges I need to get the registration/password issues taken care of, yet...

I agree Len, all that have any privileges higher that moderator need to keep an open communication. Generally a room in the board is created so we can leave information of what is going on so all those that need to know can go and read what is going on. I thought the banner change was something that everyone had agreed to and since all it took is just a picture rename and a new picture loaded I did not thought that it needed much attention from anyone else. It will be good to know who has access to what and who is in charge of what so we can communicate better and not step in each other toes...

Im will only implement changes that are required of me from the community or from Larke. I feel like the new kid in the block since after all, i have been absent for like 10 years and that is a lot of time, people change, I know I have.

So, im just your humble technology servant, your wishes are my "html code"...
:happy:happy:happy

Now, back to the banner, any new ideas, changes...?

Arty
06-08-2015, 06:45 PM
The idea of changing the banner happened in this thread: Link (http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?6699-Sad-news&p=57662&viewfull=1#post57662) Larke asked me if I can help with the site maintenance and I agreed to it. Although I have managed many sites there are mostly static pages so forums are new to me. I will need to read a bit on this part of the maintenance to understand that better but not much in the couple of weeks since there is training at work that is due at the end of the month, of which we were told today....:angryfire:angryfire Will try to figure out what is the problem with the registration as my first priority. Most other stuff is straight forward. I do not think I have admin privileges for the bulletin board or what privileges I need to get the registration/password issues taken care of, yet... I agree Len, all that have any privileges higher that moderator need to keep an open communication. Generally a room in the board is created so we can leave information of what is going on so all those that need to know can go and read what is going on. I thought the banner change was something that everyone had agreed to and since all it took is just a picture rename and a new picture loaded I did not thought that it needed much attention from anyone else. It will be good to know who has access to what and who is in charge of what so we can communicate better and not step in each other toes... Im will only implement changes that are required of me from the community or from Larke. I feel like the new kid in the block since after all, i have been absent for like 10 years and that is a lot of time, people change, I know I have. So, im just your humble technology servant, your wishes are my "html code"... :happy:happy:happy Now, back to the banner, any new ideas, changes...?

I've been covered since I got some admin powers bestowed upon me but I will do some readin and fartin around. Nandy, I may need a few minutes of your time either by phone or go to meeting or something so you can show me a few things.

Being able to get people registered and being able to reset passwords is numero uno in my opinion.

And you ain't the new kid .... You just an old fart that took a sabbatical

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2015, 07:25 PM
We're a bunch of old silverbacks on this site, and Nandy is one of us.

BKB

Nandy
06-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Arty, it could be as easy as we have to upgrade one of the scripts on the forum but that is as much as i can tell you now. I have no experience on forums. I can help you with ftp's video/imaging editing, some static webpage and that is about that. BTW, the very home page still has the old banner in it. I did not thought you guys care to change that one but it can be changed as well... back to training, im trying to get it all done this week... I dont like deadlines, specially close ones....

LJ3
06-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Gents, It's alllll good in the hood. I'm glad we have people willing to jump in and help. I think we should solve that registration problem ASAP!

I've been an IT Guy for over 30 years and I can't "turn off" the fact that changes to system need to be controlled and documented. That's all. You guys can shoot me any questions you like and I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Nandy, we have and "admin forum" where we can discuss/document changes we're looking to make.

Nobody here needs my permission to do squat :) I just want to make sure we're doing things safely. Foo is the only person here that can rebuild this site from a Unix command prompt and that's what it takes if we screw it up inadvertently.

The UBB software is all gui and easy to figure out. The back end Unix stuff can be a different story is all I'm sayin'. Youn's do as you see fit!

Arty
06-08-2015, 09:34 PM
You don't have to worry about me... I ain't breakin nuttin.

LJ3
06-08-2015, 09:52 PM
so, here's some versions of the logo image to consider. I removed some clutter from the dock so the eye can focus on what's important in the image. Personally, I like it just like this. Just my opinion! I'm not a fan of mixed fonts and colored text but hey, that's just me. I can do pretty much anything we want with it.

I keep trying to think of simple text and all I can really come up with when I look at that image is "friends". Honestly, that's what it's all about right there.

Any other ideas?

Nandy
06-08-2015, 09:56 PM
I like to know how cappy pulled a bright fuchsia pink shirt and you guys let him keep a man card....

LJ3
06-08-2015, 09:58 PM
I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that. I'm sure he'll blame Cheryl but she probably called him a pussy after he walked out the front door with that thing on :)

Thumper
06-08-2015, 10:35 PM
I think I have a pair of pants to match that shirt! ��

Nandy
06-08-2015, 10:55 PM
surrender your card as well...

Arty
06-09-2015, 07:04 AM
I agree with Len on the fonts. Plain is mo betterer IMO

Thumper
06-09-2015, 08:17 AM
No real opinion here on "mixed fonts" ... but as for color of the font, I don't see a way around it unless you're talking about white. (that's not even a "color" is it?) But with the black & white photo, black font will be a bit hard to see won't it? Seems there will have to be color fonts ... I think white would be a bit washed out and black would not offer enough contrast IMHO.

One thing I just noticed today, and have no clue if it's related to the recent changes or not, if I click on the emoticon (smiley face) thingy in the tool bar, it comes up normally ... but if I click on "more" options, the window disappears completely.

Oh yeah, I do like the "decluttered" dock pics as they're much cleaner looking. #3 is my personal favorite ... for whatever that's worth.

Captain
06-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Y'all are hard on a feller when he is unavailable for posting. That shirt is orange and Arty COULD back that up, but of course he wont. ;) so youse guys bite me.

Len or Arty, I'm in Florida for awhile and cannot get to a big confuser, can one of y'all make sure to give Nandy admin powers on the software side?
That way he can see the admin forum and read all our (but most importantly Niners) notes and comments.
Is Foo still around? Ain't heard from him in a month of Sunday's?

Thumper
06-09-2015, 08:59 AM
Florida's rough on a guy ain't it? I think I can remember relaxing on the beach with some Tar Heel dufe a while back.

(sure glad that fugly mug is shadowed!) :D

No-till Boss
06-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Dang thump, I didn't realize your ava picture was your actual picture ......LOL j/k

Arty
06-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Y'all are hard on a feller when he is unavailable for posting. That shirt is orange and Arty COULD back that up, but of course he wont. ;)

I remember it being fairly pink.
Might be why you couldnt catch fish that day.

Captain
06-09-2015, 04:22 PM
Bite me. I was catchin' 10 to your 1 and I let you have the reel with line on it.
If I'd kept the good rod/reel combo and handicapped you with the one I was using you would have been cryin more than you were.

Nandy
06-09-2015, 05:24 PM
I did not like the colors or the fonts and I have actually add a tree behind the G of Goodhunting to get it to read right because the background was not the best.. I guess we can always add anything to the right side of the picture and out of it IF we wanted. I will update the banner to one like #3. keep in mind I have to cut the picture a little bit but I have the picture with no words ready.

Nandy
06-09-2015, 08:47 PM
No reason to be mad, I more than welcome the criticism, I was actually wanting it. What I mean in my spanglish is what you just stated, we can have the picture with no captions then have the captions (if ever needed) next to it.

Thumper
06-09-2015, 09:16 PM
Personally, I think it's perfect. I agree the font could use a bit of tweaking, but the pic and caption is extremely meaningful and fitting IMHO.

Nandy
06-09-2015, 10:56 PM
ok, so lets say we wait until Thursday so everyone can share their idea, then Thursday I lined up the options and y'all make a decision....
the picture has to be small in both pixels and kb. The original logo is 251x115 and a total of 8kb. The fact this is a graphic with limited colors and not a picture will make it small and fast to load.
the last version of Lake Conine I made, the one without captions is about 46kb and I have it cropped and resize to 300x165 pixels.
Len version of it is a bit larger, 500x333 but about the same kb size.
Captions will add around 10kb to the picture size.

In overall, I am not worried about the size since i am sure not many here are in dial up connections, plus once the browser caches the picture these sizes are irrelevant. In my opinion the actual pixel size might be more important as we dont want to push the threads way down because of the banner is so tall, so i suggest to keep any art no taller than 170 pixels, wide dont really matter much.

Let the populace decide...

Cropped picture with captions on the side OR no caption at all.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/nandy_temp/lake_conine_testing_v6.jpg

Cropped picture with captions in the picture.
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn215/nandy_temp/lake_conine_testing_v5.jpg

that's all I have.

Thumper
06-09-2015, 11:10 PM
Personally, I like the caption on the photo.

No-till Boss
06-10-2015, 06:48 AM
I'm a newbie so I don't count, but if did, I like it on the photo .

Captain
06-10-2015, 08:20 AM
I like the wording on the photo...

HideHunter
06-10-2015, 09:40 AM
I like the "cleaned-up" version.. on the photo.. the sepia is my favorite - but I like them all... and I'm not married to any of them. ;)

Bwana
06-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Add me to the on-the-photo group.

Thumper
06-10-2015, 01:52 PM
Blondes!! :D

LJ3
06-10-2015, 01:57 PM
This is why we can't have nice things :)

LJ3
06-10-2015, 03:03 PM
I'm in the minority with you Sunny! I was referring more to those of us with a less refined taste that want to splatter mixed fonts all over that awesome image that needs no words at all.

THAT'S... why we can't have nice things :) I'm absolutely fine with whatever the majority of us wants to do! I mean hey, that's what got us Obama, amiright?!?!?! :)

PS, Nandy, you are now an Admin. You should be able to see all things admin, get to the admin panel and see the Admin Forum.

Nandy
06-10-2015, 03:49 PM
I cannot see the admin forum and I dont have an admin tag either. I did logout/login and no change.

Big Muddy
06-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Add me to the on-the-photo group.

LJ3
06-10-2015, 04:15 PM
I cannot see the admin forum and I dont have an admin tag either. I did logout/login and no change.

My bad Nandy. Try again.

Nandy
06-10-2015, 04:23 PM
working now. Will get some reading once im done with all this "corporate" crap they dropped on us...

Arty
06-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I don't have the admin tag either and there's areas behind the scenes I can not access

Never mind

Thumper
06-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Hey!! How come all I get is a "pUMpHEAD SYSOp" tag? :angry1

Nandy
06-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Oh my! Sunshine, I almost did the bad thing.... yes, my assumption is that anyone that has any other art or combination of art will post it here by tomorrow around 4 pm eastern time and then we can vote on it.

LJ3
06-10-2015, 08:49 PM
I don't think we need to rush the deadline for changing anything, in my opinion. Let's see who else may have some ideas?

Buckrub
06-10-2015, 08:57 PM
I like whatever y'all like on this.

I just like remembering Bill. He was a special inspiration to me, more than y'all know.

But do it however y'all like. It'll be good, however you do it.

Nandy
07-22-2015, 06:16 PM
Not trying to be a SD'er (im liking that word) but we never finalized this, soooo, I put a script that will randomly select the 2 pictures, the clean and the one with the caption, every time the page is reloaded. This random is really random so it might take more than one page reload for the picture to change but never the least it will.

Thumper
07-22-2015, 06:33 PM
That's kinda cool Nandy. Worked for me the first re-load. Now that's what I call compromise! ;)

Nandy
07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Yeah, anythign so get sunshine back! lol!

Captain
07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Nandy is my hero!!!!!
Good job

airbud7
07-23-2015, 11:51 AM

Thumper
07-23-2015, 12:04 PM
WHOA! That scared me! Like looking in the mirror in the morning. Next time, fire a warning shot before you do something like that.:hair

Mrs. Niner
07-24-2015, 01:50 AM
Oh my....thought I hit the wrong link to the GH page. Once I got past the neon lights on the "logo" I realized I am on the GH site! See what happens Sunny when you're not around to keep an eye on these fellas!

Mrs. Niner
07-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Sunny, the boys are probably much more comfortable with neon lights that you and I. I’m guessing that they’ve spent a whole lot more time in bars and other such places where you can find a cold beer or snort in a little “neon glow”. Probably makes them feel right at home….bless their little hearts! :biggrin

Glad to see that they are still gentlemen and compromise for the ladies. ;)

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 12:38 PM
I had no idea we still had a front door. Haven't been through there in years. That's cool!!

Thumper
07-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Yep, Sunny texted me and I had to go to the homepage to find it. My browser is set to always open in Campfire Chat.

Nandy
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Look at your Gh logo, under it there is a link named "Home" that will take you to the front page. The way the board is set if you type goodhunting.com or .info it will take you to the Forum not the front page. I have been looking at a few things and want to add more pictures to that page and other things to make the looks a bit different. Those changes are documented on the Admin forum but not yet in the member forum. Im waiting to get one other thing taken care of and will ask for pics from everyone that wants to appear in such pages. Maybe a little later on the week.

Nandy
07-27-2015, 04:25 PM
Glad to see that they are still gentlemen and compromise for the ladies. ;)

I take no credit for that, my mom is responsible for my good behavior, my dad for my manly behavior and the bad is all on me..
Are you giving that dog a perm!!!! lol!

Buckrub
07-27-2015, 05:16 PM
????

So, was it your dad or your mom that told you what a perm is????

:biggrin

Nandy
07-27-2015, 05:41 PM
Bite me! :slap lol!

Mrs. Niner
07-28-2015, 01:52 AM
Are you giving that dog a perm!!!! lol!

Nandy, we all know there is nothing "permanent" around here. Lots and lots of changes lately have proved that!

I suggest you consider adding a woman to the Super Secret Committee to at least let you fellas know when you are out of control! I nominate Sunny since she's the only one of us wimmen you take seriously!

Welcome Judy! So glad to see that these guys haven't run ya off yet! We need a few more gals in the mix here.

Nandy, I'm not taking the curlers out of Blondie's hair just yet! Waiting for prom night! :crazy

Thumper
07-28-2015, 08:24 AM
I suggest you consider adding a woman to the Super Secret Committee to at least let you fellas know when you are out of control! I nominate Sunny since she's the only one of us wimmen you take seriously!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Are you serious? We take Sunny seriously? She's a blonde! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!! :laughing

DeputyDog
07-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Sunny, here's your respect.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYbs_O_iMfU