PDA

View Full Version : Thumper the KFC Monster Pumphead

BarryBobPosthole
06-08-2015, 04:29 PM
I may have missed it, but how did your recent test come out, and I never saw an updatecon your back. How's the healing coming along and are you still in constant pain like you were?
Inquiring minds wanna know doofus.

BKB

Thumper
06-08-2015, 05:14 PM
I've grown to expect the pain for the rest of my life. It's been almost 6 years now, so I'm used to it and have learned to just suck it up. I got off the pain pills about a year and a half ago. If I get a decent night's sleep, I do pretty well early in the day, but around noon, things start to go downhill. Around 5:00 pm, I'm pretty much toast. That's why the estate sale thing fits me so well. I hit 'em in the morning and am usually home before things get sucky.

As for the check-up, no better, no worse. Doc said there's been no change in 6 years of check-ups and decided to cancel the annual CT Scans. They were checking regularly to make sure everything was staying in place with no leakage, etc. I guess it's now a "what you see, is what you get" situation unless something drastic happens ... but if that thing ever pops, I'd bleed out in something like 8-10 seconds ... so I doubt I'd know what hit me anyway.

Thanks for asking. ;)

Big Muddy
06-08-2015, 09:21 PM
You big ugly dufe, whether you like it or not, you're still on my daily prayer list.

Bwana
06-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Mine too.

Buckrub
06-10-2015, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the update. You are the new current resident uptick, upside, positive attitude providing, inspirational role model for all us died in the world whiners and pessimists. Keep on keeping on!

Thumper
06-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks guys ... but it's nothing terminal unless something goes wrong with what's already been "fixed". That "C" word that keeps rearing it's ugly head around here is what should be the real concern. I can't help but wonder who will be next. And THAT thought really sucks!