PDA

View Full Version : On a serious note.

Captain
06-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Bert logged in last night and posted.
I just got a text from him that he cannot log back in and cannot post? Guess him and Kribbs are in the same boat?

Nandy
06-12-2015, 08:43 PM
It is not a site problem, I just logged out and log back in, no problem.

Buckrub
06-12-2015, 08:48 PM
What is this "log in" that you speak of?

TXBert
06-12-2015, 09:13 PM
Ok I logged in on forum runner on my iPad and it works.

Thumper
06-12-2015, 09:19 PM
I had some issues with my computer and had to dump my cashe ... same thing I did the last time I got locked out. Dump your cashe and you're out with no way to get back in. It asks you to identify the image when you log back in ... but there is no image. I was sent a temporary password to get in, then had to change it to my permanent password. Problem is, I'm running out of new passwords. It's a pain having 300 different passwords .. a different one for every site. The point is, newbies have no way of getting in either. This has been a problem since day one.

TXBert
06-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Yeah I couldn't see an image just a long string of letters and numbers

Nandy
06-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Kribb, my dear friend, you know most browsers will save your passwords so you dont have to worry about remembering those. Also, you probably dumped more that just the cache, you probably did away with the cookies which was probably your undoing..... Cache mainly deal with pictures and other data that is saved in your pc just so next time you hit the same page those items that remained the same and are "cachable" wont have to be downloaded again making the browsing experience faster....
Dont just dump Thump!

Thumper
06-13-2015, 06:17 AM
Well, back in my drinking days, I'd toss my cookies regularly. ;)

The point is, my technological computer terminology may not be the best in the world, but I've be told many times we should clear our "cookies" from time to time. I don't remember what happened the last time I got locked out, but it was something very similar to this time. After repairing some minor computer issues, I couldn't get back in (same deal, I was asked to identify an image that did not exist). Co9 sent me a temporary password to get back in, but I had to come up with a new (permanent) password because my old one had already been used. Same deal this time, Len sent me a temp password, I got back in, then had to come up with yet another new permanent password.

The issue THIS time was I lost my internet connection a few days ago and after rebooting my router, I still had no connection. Now this is where things went bad. I noticed a reset button on the back of my router, so I pushed that. WRONG thing to do! It set everything back to default and I had a mess on my hands that was over my head. With eBay sales, questions from potential buyers, unable to communicate or even print shipping labels, etc. ... I was totally FUBAR! I had a tech guy take control of my computer and he had to clean a bunch of crap up to get me back on-line. Cache/cookies ... heck, maybe even a few more "C" words ... the point is, we should not have a problem registering or re-registering. We've had quite a few of us in the same pickle over the past year or so as it's always been a problem that nobody seemed to be able to cure ... so I'm not alone (and really didn't do anything wrong). We should be able to dump our cookies or cache (or whatever else you want to throw in there) and not become lost in cyberspace with no way back home. I have to assume any newbie trying to register to join the site is running into the same problem.