PDA

View Full Version : Well, Len, and CD......

Buckrub
06-12-2015, 09:53 PM
the only women's sport I can tolerate...........the Beautiful Game...........and they frustrate me SO MUCH!

Balls go free down the side and you start to get excited and then you realize "these are women, and no one is going to get to that easy ball!".......... or they cross, or switch, and the ball takes about 11 minutes to get to the other side of the field.

They remind me of my U14 boys. Bigger, faster, and better skills than my U12 team, but not really there yet. Too slow, too weak, too many mistakes. 192 square feet of goal, and they can't put it in that area????

If they are supposed to be world's best, well.........I dunno. Sweden was about 55% vs. USA 45% in this one. 8 corners?

Maybe the competition gets easier, but...........I still dunno.

Chicken Dinner
06-12-2015, 10:14 PM
I only saw the second half and get what you're saying. I definitely thought they were more evenly matched tonight then they were against Australia.

Nandy
06-12-2015, 10:37 PM
what the hell are you two talking about???

Thumper
06-13-2015, 06:21 AM
GAWD!! Just when I didn't think it was possible to find anything worse than BASEBALL talk ... SOCCER comes into the mix! Arrrggghhhhh! ;)

DeputyDog
06-13-2015, 06:50 AM
And it's women's soccer at that.

Captain
06-13-2015, 07:13 AM
At no time should wimmin' kicking balls be entertainment!
;-)

Nandy
06-15-2015, 05:19 PM
volley ball then? they use their hands... lol!

LJ3
06-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Agree on all points. We sure used to be stronger but it's a new generation now. I kinda like the excitement of wimmins soccer only because you're never more than a second away from a good goal cause they all pretty much suck at defense :)

Buckrub
06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Thump would have hit (And may already have) the Thai Goalie. She (he?) had 3 adams apples, no boobs, and no hair.

I just cringe when I see a ball rolling free and 4 players are within distance, and no one has the speed to close. If they do, they can't reverse field, it's too wide. They try, bless their hearts. But they're just not good.

Still..........I watch.

Beats watching cars go in incessant circles.

Nandy
06-15-2015, 10:51 PM
Thump would have hit (And may already have) the Thai Goalie. She (he?) had 3 adams apples, no boobs, and no hair.

It will probably bring him memories from his days in 'Nam...
:wave1