PDA

View Full Version : At what point...........

Buckrub
06-14-2015, 10:14 AM
can people of all races stop identifying with any of 'em? When will the US Census stop asking that question (I refuse to answer it on the Census)? Why do some groups ask for equality and then whine when they get it?

The government needs to get out of the race and the marriage businesses entirely. They don't know squat about either one, and have muffed up both.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/naacp-leader-to-speak-monday-parents-say-she-lied-on-race/ar-BBl53nJ

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 10:20 AM
If the government gets out of the marriage business, then they need to get out of the divorce business too.

BKB

Buckrub
06-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Well of course. They're only in it trying to give some kind of benefit to those they choose. If you get a benefit, you should designate who gets it, not the government.

But this fiasco is nutsoid. It's a result of having to know what race we are, and the government foments that, big time, also. I got a survey from the hospital when I got out last month. That was one of the questions!!! However, under the heading of "Race", they had choices........and one was WHITE! I kid you not!

I put "other" and under comments I wrote "White is a color, not a race, and why do you care anyway?"

Buckrub
06-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Further........"Diversity and Tolerance" as a national mantra has led to this. The further we get from Diversity and the closer to Uniformity, the closer we can get to "One Nation Under God, with Liberty and Justice for ALL".

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 10:48 AM
That's funny. I thought it was a perversion of the effort to do away with man's inhumanity to man that caused it. There's not a damn thing wrong with diversity. Are you suggesting we not tolerate diversity of any kind?
You're stuck on conservative platitudes. Let's fix the problem, not the symptom.

BKB

Thumper
06-14-2015, 11:13 AM
It would be one boring ass world without diversity. What would we eat ... potatoes or rice? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Potato chips I hope. Plain old Lays.

BKB

Thumper
06-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Ummm, that all depends ... Lays is fine, but what do you mean by "plain old Lays"? Lynn goes for the plain ... BORING!

Here's the best chip they make IMHO.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/318-VzvdBkL._AC_UL320_SR208,320_.jpg

Then again, I guess that's another example of diversity. I'm glad we don't all have to eat the same thing in the name of "uniformity". :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Making it a law to make it illegal NOT to eat them raggedy ass things would be the perversion I'm talking about. Refusing to give somebody a seat on the bus for eating them is the intolerance I was talking about. Somewhere in there is common sense, which is everybody calm the fuck down.

BKB

Thumper
06-14-2015, 11:45 AM
You're not allowed to eat durian in most hotel rooms is S.E. Asia (or on public transportation). Is that intolerance, or just good business sense? :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 11:51 AM
I don't know what that is. Hell they eat baluts in public. What else could be possibly worse?

BKB

DeputyDog
06-14-2015, 12:06 PM
The problem is that if I say that I don't like that flavor of chips, I'm labeled as a bigot and intolerant, even if I said that I don't care if you eat them, just make me do it or buy them for you.

Thumper
06-14-2015, 12:08 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durian

Don't be under one of these when they fall out of the tree!!! :hair

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Durian-640x462.jpg

http://foreigngeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/j25.jpg

Excerpt:

Regarded by many people in southeast Asia as the "king of fruits", the durian is distinctive for its large size, strong odour, and formidable thorn-covered husk. The fruit can grow as large as 30 centimetres (12 in) long and 15 centimetres (6 in) in diameter, and it typically weighs one to three kilograms (2 to 7 lb). Its shape ranges from oblong to round, the colour of its husk green to brown, and its flesh pale yellow to red, depending on the species.

The edible flesh emits a distinctive odour that is strong and penetrating even when the husk is intact. Some people regard the durian as having a pleasantly sweet fragrance; others find the aroma overpowering and revolting. The smell evokes reactions from deep appreciation to intense disgust, and has been described variously as rotten onions, turpentine, and raw sewage. The persistence of its odour has led to the fruit's banishment from certain hotels and public transportation in Southeast Asia.

Thumper
06-14-2015, 12:12 PM
The problem is that if I say that I don't like that flavor of chips, I'm labeled as a bigot and intolerant, even if I said that I don't care if you eat them, just make me do it or buy them for you.

I think you left out a key word there Deppity. :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 12:13 PM
Giant sweet gum balls! I'll bet those would shoot out from under a bush hog at the speed of light.

Deppity, that's cause you are you Lays hater. Who could possibly hate a Lay?

BKB

Thumper
06-14-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't know ... I've had a couple of bad ones over the years. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 12:43 PM
The ones with adam's apples likely were bad ones.

BKB

Thumper
06-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Did you take your stool with you ... or will you have to borrow one?

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Rum makes me uproariously funny.

BKB

DeputyDog
06-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Thump, I most definitely did leave out a very important "don"t" in there.

I'm not a Lays hater, I just prefer a local brand "Seyferts". Best damn BBQ chips ever!

Thumper
06-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Rum makes me uproariously funny.BKB

So ... you're a comedian in your own mind! :D

Thumper
06-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Hey! Where's Bucky? We hi-jack his thread and he doesn't even show up for the fun. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Thump, I most definitely did leave out a very important "don"t" in there.

I'm not a Lays hater, I just prefer a local brand "Seyferts". Best damn BBQ chips ever!

Old Dutch are my favorite but I can't get them where
I live.
BKB

Buckrub
06-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Y'all like them thick 'home made' tater chips that a lot of restaurants serve? I can't get past 'em. Too thick or something.

And, I was talking about diversity of race, not food. People..... it's stupid to keep trying to identify which race folks are, and then discuss how Race A can better talk to Race B. STOP ID'ING race entirely. Just hush about it. That's what I meant by saying Diversity is killing us. It's the labeling, pigeon holing, classifying, assigning behavior, to each race that is killing us. You think I'm espousing Conservative Speak? That's funny, man. First, if I was, that'd be a good thing. So stop trying to make fun of me by calling me good things. Second, it's the Liberals who are doing all the above that I mention! They want to classify, ID, label, etc., THEN they have the audacity to tell everyone "Now, y'all don't notice all that, ya hear?" It ain't me that is focusing on platitudes and empty speech. I'm trying to fix the root problem.....but I know of NO Liberals that are. It's now the biggest problem facing this country, and it's totally out of hand.

Idiocy. You can jabber all you want, but it's idiocy. Idiocy gone to seed.

And I eat about 4 or 5 tater chips at a time, max. Ever.......with anything. Just not a big chip eater. Never told much difference in the brands.........though Ruffles with Ridges are sorta kinda better, maybe.

Thumper
06-14-2015, 03:30 PM
Ruffles are for dip ... but I'm with you on the "thick" (kettle) chips. Lynn loves 'em ... I hate 'em. I can destroy a good bag'o chips in no time flat!

Thumper
06-14-2015, 03:31 PM
I hate the hyphenated thing ... I suppose I'm Dutch-German-American. Sheesh.

Race issues will NEVER go away ... it simply has flare-ups from time to time. To think we'll ever get to the point race means nothing to the world's population as a whole, is a pipe dream ... ain't gonna happen ... 'cept maybe on Star Trek. The race issue is no worse than the religion issue ... in fact, I'd say more wars are waged over religious issues than race issues. Resolve THAT issue and the world will be a better place!

johnboy
06-14-2015, 04:12 PM
"Race" is now about the money. It's a huge, billion dollar business that those who profit from will never want to go away. People (and you know who they are) have built their entire careers on "race".

Morgan Freeman when asked "how do we get rid of racism" - his answer: "stop talking about it". Says it all.

Buckrub
06-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Well.......me and Morgan apparently agree then! I go further. Stop thinking about it. And for sure stop writing about it, or claiming to be this or that and get in trouble like this bozo woman, and stop counting off and choosing sides.

Buckrub
06-15-2015, 02:12 PM
This woman just resigned.

Because she is white. And a liar.

LJ3
06-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Rum makes me uproariously funny.

BKB

Pretty sure that's a Siskel & Ebert quote.

Buckrub
06-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Is nothing with this man original?

See what being well read gets you!

Nandy
06-15-2015, 04:43 PM
You guys are making me hungry....

Buckrub
06-16-2015, 07:54 AM
This is all over the 'news'. I'm sure I'll get mine someday, but I can't help laughing my butt off over this. This is hilarious stuff......from an ironical point of view.

The organization formed to fight racism has pushed this woman to resign, because of racism.

And besides...........ain't she a color? She doesn't look colorless to me! ......... Which is the problem when you confused color with race. Course, you have to do that, or else you're 'profiling' (another word for 'noticing stuff').

Thumper
06-16-2015, 08:02 AM
This is hilarious stuff......from an ironical point of view ... The organization formed to fight racism has pushed this woman to resign, because of racism.

Huh??? Have you actually been following the story's details? Or simply assuming? Everything I've seen or heard says the NAACP has no problem with her and has been actually defending her while posting statements supporting her. She resigned on her own due to all the negative publicity and controversy.

Here's the last statement I read from the NAACP:

"One's racial identity is not a qualifying criteria or disqualifying standard for NAACP leadership."

In its statement, the NAACP said it respects Rachel Dolezal's privacy as she faces what they call a legal issue with her family. The organization further added that its leaders can come from any background.

"In every corner of this country, the NAACP remains committed to securing political, educational, and economic justice for all people, and we encourage Americans of all stripes to become members and serve as leaders in our organization," the statement read.

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2015, 08:23 AM
The issue shouldn't be about her race, but her subterfuge in claiming she is a different race than she really is. And all for advancement of herself. She's a liar to put it bluntly.

BKB

Thumper
06-16-2015, 08:28 AM
No argument there. A liar ... and a "wigger" for sure. :biggrin

The argument I'm hearing now is, if Bruce Jenner can do the trans-gender thing ... why can't she do the trans-race thing? WTF??? This world is getting goofier by the minute!

Buckrub
06-16-2015, 08:35 AM
You're dancing around the subject, methinks, Posty. Of course, you are 100% right, correct. She is a liar, and I said so.

But that's not the bigger picture.......which is that the constituency of that organization is all up in arms, aghast, that a white person would have the audacity to pose as black, and do it sufficiently to rise to a position to lead them. You say the issue shouldn't be about race.........and again, you are RIGHT! BUT IT IS!! By whose doing, is that so?????

THAT is what I am laughing at, and find ironic and stupid, and I can't stop laughing at it. It's asinine! And that's my judgment.

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2015, 09:01 AM
call any black person 'colored' to their face and you're likely to get called out for it. Maybe even by the
NAACP. And how is it cool to have a Jewish Antidefamation League when we have the entire Republican Party?

BKB

Buckrub
06-16-2015, 09:11 AM
Oh good grief.

Whatever.

Buckrub
06-16-2015, 09:43 AM
*snort*
if you didn't like my comments so far on this, you're gonna HATE this one.......

Just heard a guy say on this subject "So, the NAACP doesn't like folks masquerading as black folks, but they voted for one for President".

I may be evil, can't deny that..........but I keep laughing at stuff at this one.........

LJ3
06-16-2015, 09:57 AM
It's a crazy ass story. Somehow, there's a small part of me that feels badly for this woman. She is clearly not a mentally stable person. It's one thing to come to realize you're sorta crazy on your own and maybe get help in dealing with whatever it is you need to deal with. But to have the whole world notice at once and put you in a white hot spotlight with your craziness... She's only got herself to blame, to be sure.

If becoming trans-race becomes an actual thing now, I'm moving to Australia.

Thumper
06-16-2015, 10:11 AM
She's no idiot ... if you follow her education and life's accomplishments, she appears to be pretty dang bright and talented ... BUT, she's a pathalogical liar. What "wannabe" isn't? She just seems to carry it to the extreme and it's biting her in the ass right now. She could probably do a lot of good if she ever gets the web of lies straightened out and gets on with her life.

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2015, 10:14 AM
*snort*
if you didn't like my comments so far on this, you're gonna HATE this one.......

Just heard a guy say on this subject "So, the NAACP doesn't like folks masquerading as black folks, but they voted for one for President".

I may be evil, can't deny that..........but I keep laughing at stuff at this one.........

I never said I didn't like your comments on the issue. I just said they were platitudes. You still haven't explained how you'd like things to be in a country where we were intolerant of other religions and did what we could to eliminate diversity. Gas chambers? Concentration camps? What? Go back to not electing catholics as president? That was the intolerance of the 50's and 60's, your so called golden age of America. And we had segregation then so that was our answer to diversity. Its not that I don't like your comments, its just that I don't understand however you think we should be. You started out bitching about how those two things were going to be our downfall but you never explained why or how.

And can you tell
I'm sitting by the pool today smiling and disturbing what little piles of doodoo I can find? I learnt it from Larke.

BKB

DeputyDog
06-16-2015, 12:19 PM
I think he means we should go by what MLK said and judge people "not by the color of their skin" but by their actions.

Buckrub
06-16-2015, 02:32 PM
Platitudes is a put down.

I'm in a doc office. More later.

LJ3
06-16-2015, 02:51 PM
I never thought of platitudes as a put down.

platitude
[plat-i-tood, -tyood]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
noun
a flat, dull, or trite remark, especially one uttered as if it were fresh or profound.
the quality or state of being flat, dull, or trite:
the platitude of most political oratory.

Well dang, turns out it IS a put down!

Don't be a butthole BBP!

You're welcome Bucky.

BarryBobPosthole
06-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, in this case acplatitude would be a compliment because he really thought that then he's really would be a butthole.
Like me!

I may write a book in fact. 'Butthole Like Me'.

BKB

Nandy
06-16-2015, 04:18 PM
maybe she feels black inside.... :poke... No, wait, it is a fact she had a little black in her!!! lol!

Buckrub
06-16-2015, 06:28 PM
I never said I didn't like your comments on the issue. I just said they were platitudes. You still haven't explained how you'd like things to be in a country where we were intolerant of other religions and did what we could to eliminate diversity. Gas chambers? Concentration camps? What? Go back to not electing catholics as president? That was the intolerance of the 50's and 60's, your so called golden age of America. And we had segregation then so that was our answer to diversity. Its not that I don't like your comments, its just that I don't understand however you think we should be. You started out bitching about how those two things were going to be our downfall but you never explained why or how.

And can you tell
I'm sitting by the pool today smiling and disturbing what little piles of doodoo I can find? I learnt it from Larke.

BKB

OK, back from a day at the Lawyer and Doctor (routine stuff)........and finally sitting down (and listening to it thunder, imagine that). Let me see if I can somehow answer your questions and contentions.

I took your comments as a put down, and re-reading them here again, I still do. Sort of a minor one, but one anyway. If not, I apologize for misreading. You are wont (I like that word) to accuse me betimes of 'spouting conservative platitudes', as if A) they are somehow bad and B) I don't know how to think for myself. I think for myself, then often plagiarize those who bespeak my thoughts better than I.

Now.......first, I didn't 'bitch about these things being our downfall', that's an assumption and a leap on your part. I did speak negatively of the current view of Diversity. I will explain what I meant herein.

You heard me complain about the way we deal with Diversity and you jumped to this partial quote ".....Gas chambers? Concentration camps? What? Go back to not electing catholics as president? That was the intolerance of the 50's and 60's, your so called golden age of America. That's an almost humorous method of argument. It's called "Raising negative generalizations so as to imply that they are, or were, ubiquitous". And worse, you made some assumptions to even bring up such a thing. Your assumption is that I have called the age of the 50's and 60's the Golden Age of America. I don't remember doing that.

Your generalizations of that age are, in fact accurate.........but incomplete. Those are indeed the negative aspects of that age, and they would be the reasons I would NOT advocate a total return to such a time. Those are the black marks of that era, and no one should want that to return. HOWSOMEVER.........they are not a total depiction of those times, nor complete, nor really accurate if applied to everyone. I don't blame all of Germany for Nazi-ism (though I blame the general population more than zero!). I remember the 50's and 60's era, I grew up in that era. That is not my fault. I had no control over such a thing. It happened. But I remember other things in that era that WERE good things. Thus, to answer your first contention that I somehow advocate(d) going back to that era, I do and did not. I don't want those bad things. But what I WOULD like is to take the good things from that era and implement them. I'd like to see poor folks have a higher percentage of intact families. I'd like to live again where we didn't have to lock our doors. I'd like to watch Huntley and Brinkley and get a summary of what happened today, and nothing more. I'd like to see Walter Cronkite cry when man hit foot on the moon. I'd like to see when Personal Responsibility was an American ideal and espoused by everyone I knew, or read about. I'd like to see a time again where morals were in check, and ugliness was not the norm. SO, if I could somehow eliminate all the bad things you mentioned, the intolerance and the bigotry and the ugliness, and still retain the good parts I remember, then I'm for it!

As for my contention that Diversity is killing us, I stand by it. But here's what I mean. I think it's abhorrent that we spend so much time and energy counting off, classifying, pigeon-holing, labeling each other. The story about this woman is such a perfect example of this! It's absurd! Worse, way way worse.....is the issue of a great group of folks getting up in arms because this person came to be in a position of leadership among that group, and because of labeling and classifying, they conclude she doesn't belong.

Here's my analogy. If one day all of the...........um........let's say, all of the Red Headed Ugly People that are Left Handed......The RHUP-LH'ers........got together and said "We want equality and justice. We're tired of having to fight fair for our supper. We want free stuff, and we want reparations for being treated like........well, like red headed step children. So now we have the RHUP-LH Association, and RHUP-LH Colleges and such. And brunettes? SCREW THEM!! They can't join. They are no good! They are biased. They were in control TOO LONG, let us rise up and give the Red Heads their true place! And America ends up divided over these RHUP-LH'ers and all the rest of us.

Is that good? It's Diversity. We are diverse.......we have RHUP-LH guys/gals, and we have others. Then let's say a few other similar groups arise. Now, we count each group every time we fill out a Census. We are asked by doctor's forms which group we belong to. We make laws that mention RHUP-LH'ers and say they cannot be discriminated against (which makes it easier to discriminate against them, as it turns out). And guess what? Not one of the RHUP-LH'ers can help it. They can't help being Red Headed. They can't help being Ugly. They were born that way. Same for left handed, though I guess with extreme work they could overcome such a handicap.

Is that what we want? That's Diversity, as I see it. That's what's wrong with Diversity.

I want us all to be equal. I want MLK's words to be real. God made people. He made different colored and shaped and such, people. I do NOT KNOW WHY! I wasn't in on the design. If I had been, knees and backs would be far different! But He didn't confer with me. He just did it, and it ain't up to me to knock someone for being Red Headed or Ugly! But I do not, and should not, have to put up with them banding together and demanding a single thing on this earth that I don't get, or a single thing that they don't acquire and obtain by their own personal work, behavior, and activity.

And that's what I mean by Diversity is killing us. This constant noticing and worrying about our differences is a terrible way to function. It's what so many people have wrong with Churches today. They can't figure out why they are all different and yet claim to be right. Some probably are wrong, but still, that's a good analogy. We should be emphasizing our similarities. We don't have to be all alike. We should be clearly noticing that we have obvious differences, and even discuss them, but if they cannot be helped they should not be counted, tallied, labeled, or worried about. If we'd do that, I believe we'd be way better off.

-

Buckrub
06-17-2015, 09:33 AM
I pour my heart out, and this bozo is snorkeling with bikini babes.

Well, I swan.

Buckrub
06-17-2015, 10:19 AM
I got this today from a woman here...........I pass it on verbatim:

I read an article that proclaimed Ms. Dolezal has a mental illness and needs treatment. How is it that a white woman who "identifies as black" needs mental help...but a man who "identifies as a woman" is praised for his courage to "live his truth"? BOTH are mentally ill. It's just that one is the right flavor of crazy to appeal to the current liberal cause...and the other is not.

And again..........I laughed at that. There's been little in the 'news' to make me laugh lately.........but this one just keeps on keeping on.

Thumper
06-17-2015, 10:26 AM
I hear everything you're saying ... but we look at "diversity" in different ways. Personally, I love diversity and it's one of the things I love about traveling. I love running around New York City and experiencing all the different ethnic neighborhoods and especially their foods. China Town in San Francisco or L.A. is a wonderful experience ... along with Korea Town, or even the Japanese sections I enjoy visiting. I would hate to go to Baskin Robbins only to find out their only offering is vanilla!

That said, there are groups that cast a negative light on diverstity. Just like you mention the plus' and negatives of the 50's-60's .. there are plus' and negatives with "diverse" groups ... be it color, religion or ethnicity. Also, as you mentioned, take out the negatives, keep the positives and a diverse population is a wonderful thing.

There's no "blanket" way to cover the issue. In MY view, your vision of diversity is mostly negative ... in your view (even when you attempt to sugar-coat it with "fancy-talk") it's basically negative. Where do you draw the line with diversity? IMHO even "White Trash" is exactly that, "trash". But I have no problem with hicks or rednecks. ;)

You'll never have a perfect world.

Buckrub
06-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Well ok then. IMHO you missed my point, but ok.

Thanks.

LJ3
06-17-2015, 10:35 AM
It's a gem, to be sure.

Buckrub
06-17-2015, 10:41 AM
I guess the people that hired her as President and Black Studies Instructor, failed to 'profile' at that point in time!! They waited till now to do that!!! LOL

Captain
06-17-2015, 07:57 PM
And can you tell I'm sitting by the pool today smiling and disturbing what little piles of doodoo I can find? I learnt it from Larke. BKB

I can't believe you would besmirch my good name in this manner. Your disturbing is light weight at best.... If it were ME kicking the do-do piles on this thread I would say something like I don't see why the black folks are upset a white woman posed as a black gal, they didn't raise hell when Michael Jackson turned white!

BarryBobPosthole
06-17-2015, 09:16 PM
Bucky, you obviously don't appreciate my postion here as Senior Staff Contrarian.

BKB

Buckrub
06-17-2015, 09:41 PM
I espouse for the title. It's simple jealousy. Forgive me.