PDA

View Full Version : Well, that was interesting!

Buckrub
06-14-2015, 09:18 PM
I never get to name drop...........and this is about as minor as it gets.........

Watched Fox's show "Legends and Lies" about Butch Cassidy tonight. Good show. But one of the 'experts' they had was an author named W.C. Jameson.

I snorted like a big dog!

W.C. Jameson was a part time writer for this little old town's daily newspaper (but not on Saturday) several years ago. I think he taught some kind of b/s course at the local university (of which I am an alum). He wrote sarcastic op-ed pieces, and once called folks who drove in to work here from the next county over "folk whose eyes are a bit close together". He fashioned himself quite humorous.

He wrote a piece about the silliness of hunting animals once. Well, I wrote him back. I told him I had the decency to write him directly, and not the paper. And we corresponded with quite a few tete-a-tete letters. He even complimented my writing once, suggesting I write for a magazine (which one, I asked, "Idiots Monthly?")

I saw him once in Shorty's.......a locally famous burger joint......and spoke to him. He wore 'dude' western clothes, clearly having never been near a horse.

And there he was on Fox's show as an expert on Butch Cassidy. Turns out he wrote a book about him.

Funny to see someone on TV, especially as an expert, that I know..........even if barely.

No-till Boss
06-15-2015, 09:56 PM
Maybe you can meet me and your life will be complete...... j/k lol