PDA

View Full Version : A public compliment to a Federal worker

Buckrub
06-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Lordy knows I knock the Feds and the Fed Government, and the government workers enough.......having been one at the state level and seeing it all first hand. I admit I don't care for it all.

But I want to publicly thank German (Pronounced Herman) Vasquez of the local Social Security office. Seldom have I encountered anyone with such tact, intelligence, expertise, friendliness, compassion, and knowledge all rolled up into one. Thank you, Sir.

Spent hour(s) with him on the phone as my brother's legal advocate to apply for SSI. Brother is on the downhilll slide with his cirrhosis and Hospice was supposed to do this, but didn't. So, I did. It wasn't hard, just long. And it was a bit embarrassing for my brother, but that's life. He has a self inflicted disease, but he has it, and is dying, and I'll do what I can for him. Mother is at her wits end, and I suspect it's a race between the three of us to see which one is going to pass on first! Stress is high. But Mr. Vasquez made the initial part of this process as painless as he could, and was succinct while explaining everything and answering every question.

Sir, I appreciate you. Would that you would train all your colleagues.

Big Muddy
06-18-2015, 06:04 PM
As opposed to the young snotty black chick with the gold tooth, who punched the wrong computer key, when my mother-in-law applied for her SS, a few years ago....she giggled, and said, "Oops, I just entered you as being dead."....that little key-punch error has caused a total nightmare for my m-i-l, ever since.