PDA

View Full Version : Larry Potterfield

Buckrub
06-18-2015, 05:43 PM
is apparently a very nice guy, and man, am I glad Midway exists. Great company!

But my gosh what an ego. He is great at mixing 'very nice guy' with bragging.

And man o man.........ego is the one trait I can't tolerate. This guy has it in spades!

But nonetheless, thanks, Larry for making such a great company.

quercus alba
06-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Guess I'm off Bucky's christmas card list

Btw that's too much ego Sir to you

Captain
06-18-2015, 06:29 PM
What did I miss?
Is he running for president and paid employees to show up at the announcement? :D

Buckrub
06-18-2015, 06:52 PM
Nah. Just got an email thanking me for being a customer, because his customers are what helped him write his books, and be the superstar that he is today..........and how his TWO degrees in business admin don't measure up to all he's learned from me, his valuable customer........and how they donate 50% of their income to NRA and such places (which is a great thing), and other brags and kudos to himself.

Just not my way of doing things. Though I continue to admire his company and his contributions........just wish he never mentioned them, and they'd be more impressive that way (to me).

Arty
06-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Humility on display is pride

BarryBobPosthole
06-19-2015, 07:39 AM
At least he recognizes what's important. If he was with my former company he'd be saying he did it in spite of all he'd had to do fro his customers.

BKB

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Yes. His pride and ego was sprinkled with a few gems.

His website and catalog display him prominently either gunsmithing, or standing over an exotic beast.

And nowhere did he mention his employees.

Ego.

HideHunter
06-19-2015, 10:26 AM
'Rub, Just because I want everyone to know I'm "equal opportunity" I'll try to piss of everyone today.. :D I have two people who are very close to me who are "afflicted with the same malady'. One is my one very best friends.. If someone commented. "I caught three Master Angler fish on that trip." His comment would be, "Well, he's a nice guy but he's kind of full of himself." (If I've heard that one once - I've heard it a thousand times. ;) ) The other is my wife.. Another good friend of mine got into an industry young, worked his ass off, literally revolutionized the industry and made a shit-load of money. He is now retired and spending some of that money. Pisses my wife off to no end.. and it's not even exactly jealousy.. more like she thinks they are "bragging"..

Unless I get around someone who is an incessant "bragger" (quite often goes with bull-shitter) I enjoy hearing about other's accomplishments. I'm always amazed at the things that come up, in passing, about accomplishments of members on this site.. How the hell am I supposed to know these things if you/they don't tell me? ;) Okay - I can't think of anyone else to pick a fight with. I'm packing for a fishing trip. later

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 10:42 AM
'Rub, Just because I want everyone to know I'm "equal opportunity" I'll try to piss of everyone today.. :D I have two people who are very close to me who are "afflicted with the same malady'. One is my one very best friends.. If someone commented. "I caught three Master Angler fish on that trip." His comment would be, "Well, he's a nice guy but he's kind of full of himself." (If I've heard that one once - I've heard it a thousand times. ;) ) The other is my wife.. Another good friend of mine got into an industry young, worked his ass off, literally revolutionized the industry and made a shit-load of money. He is now retired and spending some of that money. Pisses my wife off to no end.. and it's not even exactly jealousy.. more like she thinks they are "bragging"..

Unless I get around someone who is an incessant "bragger" (quite often goes with bull-shitter) I enjoy hearing about other's accomplishments. I'm always amazed at the things that come up, in passing, about accomplishments of members on this site.. How the hell am I supposed to know these things if you/they don't tell me? ;) Okay - I can't think of anyone else to pick a fight with. I'm packing for a fishing trip. later
OK, that was supposed to piss me off?

Haha

You'll have to do better than that, Geno! That didn't work! Thump can give you lessons, maybe! :) :)

I have a friend that is a pathological liar, and a braggart, and an ego bigger than Dallas. I love him. But he's FULLER of himself! I can't stand big egos, sorry. I just can't. I can tolerate almost anything else. And I don't know how you're supposed to know about a man's accomplishments. I'd have to say "not from him directly" above all else.

Course, I have accomplished nothing......so, hey, it's easy to be humble when you're unaccomplished! HA

HideHunter
06-19-2015, 11:03 AM
OK, that was supposed to piss me off?

Haha

You'll have to do better than that, Geno! That didn't work! Thump can give you lessons, maybe! :) :)

I have a friend that is a pathological liar, and a braggart, and an ego bigger than Dallas. I love him. But he's FULLER of himself! I can't stand big egos, sorry. I just can't. I can tolerate almost anything else. And I don't know how you're supposed to know about a man's accomplishments. I'd have to say "not from him directly" above all else.

Course, I have accomplished nothing......so, hey, it's easy to be humble when you're unaccomplished! HA

Yeah, I got to thinking - comparatively -around here - that was a pretty half-hearted attempt on my part.. ;)

Course, I have accomplished nothing......so, hey, it's easy to be humble when you're unaccomplished!

yeah - we're back to my "other" argument... and I repeat - "Bullshit". ;)

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 11:26 AM
You know, YOU ARE RIGHT!

That is INDEED what I have accomplished!!! :rockon

BarryBobPosthole
06-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Bucky is a rich man. Richer than three feet up a bull's ass to be accurate!

BKB

HideHunter
06-19-2015, 01:10 PM
You know, YOU ARE RIGHT!

That is INDEED what I have accomplished!!! :rockon

lol... notworthy.. well played.