PDA

View Full Version : I think I just lost my mind

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 11:30 AM
I think I must be insane.

I just bought a used dishwasher.....for $30.00!

I guess I was channeling my inner Thump! Found it on the Arkansas hunting site, where I sold all that crap last year. Some guy in town replaced his dishwasher because his wife wanted stainless steel. No lie. Anyway....he was trying to give it away for $50.00 and I offered him $30.00 and he took it.

Remember, the dishwasher at the farm crapped out, and researching the problem it's a $360 fix (the price of a new one, so not worth it). Now I'll go get this one this afternoon, haul it to the farm....................and probably set it in the garage and wonder how to install it for a few years!! HA.:clap

Captain
06-19-2015, 11:42 AM
It's easier to call Lowes and they will deliver it and install it and haul the old one off while you watch TV and its done. No going to get, load, haul, unload, take the old one out, haul off and then figure how to hook the new (used) one up.

Captain
06-19-2015, 11:45 AM
And my dishwasher is four foot 10 inches. She Never needs repairs but I keep her serviced pretty well... :D

BarryBobPosthole
06-19-2015, 11:55 AM
You must be on the inch per foot plan.

Strange, but I thought you could buy stainless front panels for almost any dishwasher. That's a dandy of a deal!

BKB

HideHunter
06-19-2015, 01:08 PM
If you already have a dishwasher (which you obviously do) swapping them out is usually a cinch. Even I've done a couple and I have no mechanical ability, no desire to have mechanical ability and no tools.. Sounds like a deal. good luck.

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Lowe's will deliver to this remote spot on Earth, for sure.

For $200.00.........OH, and they actually want you to pay for a new one too! Easier to call Lowe's? You betcha!@!! Much easier. Surveyor, Lowe's dishwasher, pretty soon I'd blow two months income!

And my current dishwasher is about 5'4". She does them well. But if she doesn't have to do them, she has time for other pursuits.

And if someone had said "OH MY RUB IS GONNA BLOW UP HIS KITCHEN TRYING TO INSTALL THIS", then this time I'd probably agree with them. Never done this. But one is there already, so.........surely to goodness I can figure it out. And a plumber is cheaper than a new one at Lowe's plus delivery!

Regardless of all that, Thutty Bucks for a not-very-old dishwasher........I couldn't turn it down.

LJ3
06-19-2015, 02:03 PM
IT's the easiest kitchen appliance install there is!

Chicken Dinner
06-19-2015, 02:34 PM
Just make sure you have the right size drain hose. Don't ask me how I know this...

Captain
06-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Lowe's will deliver to this remote spot on Earth, for sure. For $200.00.........
Do you just make this stuff up or what? Lowes in Pine Bluff (store 1628 ) is 32 miles from your GPS location and has free delivery for 50 miles....

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I made it up. Wild, wild guess! But I betcha something nice they won't deliver to that address free. And I guarantee they won't install it free.

Besides, who's gonna buy the new dishwasher?? My birthday is Thursday. You get this for me and I haven't found out yet???? :)

Captain
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
Install for free, no.
Deliver..... Hummmmm what's the something nice. I'm fixin' to call the store and ask for sure. :D

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 02:49 PM
To be determined based on the outcome!

Captain
06-19-2015, 02:51 PM
The address is 2950 Hwy 33 Almyra right?
Stand by.....

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 02:55 PM
Yeah.

Dang, it's 53 miles per Mapquest. It ain't 32, I've driven it often. I woulda bet it was further.

So, let me start shopping..........I'll find you something, trust me.

Captain
06-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Just talked to "Jim" in the appliance department of the Pine Bluff store. Free delivery for 75 miles. Call him and verify! :-)

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 03:01 PM
OK Dokie. You win.

I'll get you something nice. I promise.

However........if choice is A) buy a $400 new dishwasher and have it delivered, and then pay to install it OR install it myself, or B) pay $30.00 fairly new dishwasher and haul it to farm tomorrow, and install it myself...........

Seems an easy choice for a poor boy!

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 03:02 PM
In lieu of something nice, would you take a cast iron pot and lid, bigger than the one I sent you, and not cracked?? I feel bad about the cracked one. It needs redone, yes........

whatcha say?

Captain
06-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Just giving you a hard time. Just stopped to get a bite of lunch and was cooling off. You already give me a Dutch oven or 3 that's enough...

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 03:05 PM
BUT, I don't know where you're getting that mileage.........honest. It ain't 32 miles from Pine Bluff to Almyra........

From Mapquest:

Suggested Routes
US-79 N 52.31 miles
1 hour 2 mins / 1 hour 1 min based on current traffic

(Might be 32 miles as the crow flies......)

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 03:12 PM
If you come install it, I will buy a new one AND give you something nice.

Can you be here by Monday?

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 03:14 PM
And Jacksonville Lowe's, per Mapquest, is 77 miles.

Wait, drain hose??? Won't this one have a drain hose?

Arty
06-19-2015, 03:53 PM
If it doesn't then the old one does. Just make sure it's the same size.

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 04:47 PM
Cappy, Sharon and Michael just walked in the door. Be here a week or more. I can send the pot back with them. Just say the word.

Captain
06-19-2015, 04:59 PM
I just put in the zip code for the house into Lowe's store finder. They came up with the mileage as you can see from the picture above.
It don't have an address to address option.
I don't need another dutch oven, just pickin' with ya'. I thank you for the ones from before.

Take Care, Captain

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 05:01 PM
Surely that's 'as the crow flies' miles.
Regardless, since you ain't buying me one for my birthday, I ain't calling Lowe's anyway. I already promised I'd buy the one from the guy here for $30.00.

NOW.........when I finish cussing myself for trying to install it, and failing..........and then finally getting it done and it not work........THEN, I'm calling Lowe's, and cost be danged! :)

Nandy
06-19-2015, 07:35 PM
bucky, as many said, it is a very easy to instal appliance.

Here is 2 you tubes with the entire procedure so you have an idea on what are you going to do. It will be better than going on this totally blind. There are also "add ons" for most browsers that will let you save these youtubes to your hard drive so you can take them with you and play them back IF you have somewhere to play them back. You could use your phone depending on what you have.

Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6DluU6KM98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ONlPP12AXA

A couple of things. The second video starts the same as the first one. Get some Teflon tape for the water intake. Dont fasten the screws that secure the dishwasher to the counter until you do at least one cycle. Check for water drips after once cycle.

Buckrub
06-19-2015, 10:09 PM
OK, I just got told the itinerary. Apparently we're leaving tomorrow. So I bet the best I can do is get the dishwasher down there and install it later. Too many "Dad we need to do X, and Y, and Z, and we need to come back Monday or Tuesday", and there ain't no way to do it all this trip! Geez. Whiz bang kids, wanna go too fast!! :)

I just hope I can walk the 80 acres! Neither of those things (I've been just told) are first or second on the itinerary list!

Sigh.

Later guys.