PDA

View Full Version : UH OH!

Buckrub
06-25-2015, 11:18 AM
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/245875-nascar-joins-race-to-disavow-confederate-flag

NOW they've "stopped preaching and gone to meddling", as an old man I knew used to say to the preacher that stepped on HIS toes!

This is a whole 'nuther Ox being gored, huh? :stirthepot

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Ya know...........I guess when this doesn't invoke a response at this site..........then it's time to take your opinions and head elsewhere. Cause I thought this one would cause some reaction among this crowd.

Apparently not.

Oh well!

Chicken Dinner
06-27-2015, 05:33 PM
Should have heard what Junior had to say. I'm thinking he may have lost a few fans...

Thumper
06-27-2015, 06:47 PM
Dang! I just had to delete my post because I forgot and quoted Sunny.

A company (and NASCAR is a company) can ban any frigging thing they want. How many of you work for a company with a dress code? If you're required to wear a suit and tie ... or a company uniform ... are you going to show up to work in cut-off jeans and a Confederat Flag t-shirt? Expand that out to anything you want ... firearms on company property, etc.

NASCAR hasn't banned display of the flag by fans. It's an internal company policy, not the law of the land.

NASCAR said this week it will continue to ban the use of the flag in any official capacity. But fans will still be allowed to fly the flag on racetrack property.

Like I titled an earlier post, I could give a rat's ass, but if you want my PERSONAL opinion, I'd have to say most, if not ALL of my life, whenever I see someone flying the Confederate flag in front of their house, have it draped across the window in their house or trailer or have the Confederate flag symbol as their front licence plate of their ridiculously jacked up 4WD truck, the FIRST word that pops into MY mind is, "Redneck". Again, that's just me. I suppose it's as meaningless as the fact that when I see some dude covered with tatoos, the first word that comes to mind is, "Dirtbag". Even though I love my son to death, he holds a very respectable job, owns his own house, has never been in ANY trouble with the law, not once ever asked to borrow so much as a dime and is an outstanding person in every way ... he has so many tats that if he takes his shirt off, you'd think all he did was change shirts. When I see a gal with a "tramp stamp", the first thought that pops into my head is ... well ... TRAMP! It's all just how I think ... it's all perception. Are ANY of the above hurting anything? No. So again, I could give a rat's ass! ;)

quercus alba
06-27-2015, 06:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJgWMI0hch8

Apparently her sentiment has taken a one eighty

No-till Boss
06-27-2015, 09:35 PM
We now live in the land of Dicksie !