PDA

View Full Version : A little nervous!

LJ3
06-25-2015, 02:45 PM
So I try not to bore you guys too much with the trials and tribulations of my photography bidness journey. I've learned some hard lessons, run across some shysters and have a solid network of industry professionals at this point. I managed to get in the good graces of a very popular venue coordinator who sent a notice a few months ago of someone looking for a 2nd shooter for a specific date. So making a long story short, I'm shooting with a female photographer who is by far the most talented I've ever worked with. I can't name drop cause this shizzle would show up in a google search! She's nationally known and only takes a few clients every year. She charges so dang much it's staggering!

I replied to the questionnaire about equipment, style, approach, etc. which was clearly designed to weed out any pretenders. I wound up getting an email from her a few months ago saying how in love she was with my work and wanted to book me for this wedding this weekend. Just finished a conf call with her to go over the event and I'm feeling very nervous! This lady IS the big time.

It's kinda like Dale Jr saying he likes the way you drive in that youtube video and hey, let's go run the Daytona 500 together, ready GO!

Anyway. That's what I'll be doing Saturday. Silently sweating bullets.

Chicken Dinner
06-25-2015, 02:52 PM
That's awesome - just don't step on your dick...

Buckrub
06-25-2015, 03:02 PM
What he said.

AND.........listen, sir.

You...........and Troy as well...........are way more than just sidelight artisans. You two guys know what you're doing in a Major League sense, and are very, very good. What you both do with that talent is up to you........and I can understand both wanting to be big time, and NOT wanting to be big time. I get it.

But neither of you need to ever underestimate your abilities. They are top shelf.

Just be Len. That will be sufficient.

Thumper
06-25-2015, 03:15 PM
Is she local ... or coming from out of town? If not local, could her initials be S.B. or possibly M.L.R.? They're Dale Sr. AND Jr. :thumbsup

Bwana
06-25-2015, 03:31 PM
Congrats to you Len on this accomplishment, from what I have seen of your work you have most definitely earned it. (Crap...there goes any future cheap family or wedding pics ;))

LJ3
06-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Is she local ... or coming from out of town? If not local, could her initials be S.B. or possibly M.L.R.? They're Dale Sr. AND Jr. :thumbsup

No but she's that caliber, just not that flashy. She doesn't have an "image", she lets her images do her bidding. S.B. is actually ridiculed by industry professionals. She's not got much talent past what most hacks have. She's like the kardashian of photography.

LJ3
06-25-2015, 03:37 PM
(Crap...there goes any future cheap family or wedding pics ;))

Not at all Bwana. I still have my standing goodhunter offer on the table at all times! I'll shoot anyone's family wedding for $500.00 if you put up my room and board.

Yes, I STARTED doing it for a revenue stream. But I CONTINUE to do it because I really like doing it. I think I may give it another 5 years or so.

Thumper
06-25-2015, 04:09 PM
No but she's that caliber, just not that flashy. She doesn't have an "image", she lets her images do her bidding. S.B. is actually ridiculed by industry professionals. She's not got much talent past what most hacks have. She's like the kardashian of photography.

No clue ... I was reading a magazine while at the dentist's office and there was a "Best Of" article in there on wedding photogs. I brought the mag home with me and forgot all about it until this post. It was mostly men, but those two women were mentioned.

Big Skyz
06-25-2015, 04:42 PM
Len, you'll rock it. You've been at this long enough that you know exactly what you are doing. It's just another shoot, the only difference is "who" will look at your work. You aren't going to go suddenly brain damaged, you will do your best like you always do, and stun everyone.

LJ3
06-25-2015, 05:03 PM
I can hang, pretty sure about that. What has me nervous is she's expecting me to shoot using her techniques and she uses really complex lighting techniques. I'll be practicing like heck over the next couple days!

Trav
06-25-2015, 05:40 PM
Are her initials A.L. Perchance?

Arty
06-25-2015, 07:29 PM
That's awesome dude. Don't fuck up. Ya fuckup.

Nandy
06-26-2015, 07:55 PM
That's awesome - just don't step on your dick...

This has to be one of the funniest lines I have heard here, I literally spit my drink!

Len, you are talented, that does not goes away... Good luck!

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2015, 09:31 PM
A better friend and photographer I've not met! If you ever need a testimonial,cI'm your huckleberry!

Have fun. And don't step on yer dick, dufus.

BKB

LJ3
07-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Well hell, If you guys would just lighten up and trust in your abilities, you wouldn't NEED to be nervous!

This just in from "Her"...

"The photos are great so far! I am converting the rest of them now! I also have the following wedding dates I wanted to ask you about. Let me know what you think:"

Cards01
07-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Congrats!! Sounds like another job well done

Nandy
07-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Dang boy, making us proud!!!

Bwana
07-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Yet another gent we can say we knew him way back when...he was just a young (wait for it) picture snapper. :)

Congrats Len!

Thumper
07-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Next thing ya' know, he'll be loading up the whole famdambly and moving to Hollywood to become a Paparazzi. ;)

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Sure has eaten big time into the Len Jenkins Fishing Show.

I need to live vicariously on the fishing front, I suppose.

LJ3
07-09-2015, 03:24 PM
You ain't kiddin'!!! It's a damn travesty is what it is! I', lookin' to fix that horrendous gap in episodes as soon as I can!

Chicken Dinner
07-09-2015, 04:11 PM
It's gonna have to stop raining some time if you're gonna do any ribber fishin'. I read today where we've had more rain in the past 30 days than LA has had in the last 30 months.

BarryBobPosthole
07-09-2015, 04:42 PM
I caught a four pounder last Friday.

AHEM!

BKB

Buckrub
07-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Not bad if it was a bream.

Did anyone see the FIVE POUND bluegill (I think it was) caught in Arizona not long ago????

LJ3
07-10-2015, 10:24 AM
People, this thread is about ME... can we please focus?

I have it on good authority that the LJFS may be on the bay very soon.

Buckrub
07-10-2015, 10:39 AM
Wanna ride bikes?

Nandy
07-10-2015, 05:26 PM
You got 21 post that stayed in on track, that on itself is close to a record here.....

Arty
07-10-2015, 09:02 PM
People, this thread is about ME... can we please focus? I have it on good authority that the LJFS may be on the bay very soon.

If it's anywhere near me and we don't hook up for a beer or 9 then you're dead to me and I hope you catch the clap

LJ3
07-11-2015, 09:41 AM
It would take us about $9,000 in gas to get down to your neck of the woods from where their slip is. Although 9 beers sounds good!

Captain
07-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Yea, and he prolly already has the clap.... :D