PDA

View Full Version : This retirement is gonna kill me.

Captain
06-25-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm out in the eastern part of the state bass fishing for the past few days. Was catching them early this morning literally near every cast. The bass would jump and tailwalk as they do, all the splashing called in a 12 gator that would chase the fish to within 6 or 7 feet of the boat. Finally he started chasing my lunker lure and I got some good footage of him trying to catch my lure. Pretty cool.

HideHunter
06-25-2015, 08:39 PM
Nice bass, cap'n. Strong work.

Arty
06-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Nice fish!

My boss has some land on the water not far from there, in morehead city. Keeps telling me he's gonna take me down to fish....hasn't yet.

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2015, 12:02 AM
That 'un there is a eandy. Close to eight I'll bet. Although with you long arming him like that its hard to tell.
BKB

Captain
06-26-2015, 07:31 AM
I ain't long arming him. I got to hold him that far to keep my shirt from getting wet about the belly region....

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2015, 07:34 AM
What'd you catch him on?

And 'longarm' is a relative term.

BKB

Captain
06-26-2015, 07:36 AM
Culprit, red shad, 7.5 inch.
Zoom the picture it's still hanging out his jaw.
Oh and Bite Me!

Captain
06-26-2015, 08:23 AM
In the past 4 weeks I've fish from Key West, Islamorada, St Augustine, to the outer banks of NC.
I've caught Brown trout, Rainbow, Stripers, Tarpon, Barracuda, Snook, Jack (salt water), redfish, Croker, Whiting, Triple tail, yellow tail, Flounder, an 8 foot nurse shark, sand sharks, black tip sharks, Bream, Crappie, Catfish (freshwater) Catfish (saltwater) Large Mouth bass, Smallmouth Bass, Jackfish (freshwater) Pompanos, Grinnel and probably a few others I cannot think of right now. Been a good year so far. Between a banner Turkey season and fishing I'm enjoying my time....

Bwana
06-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Tarpon, barracuda, & shark...sign me up.

Cards01
06-26-2015, 09:08 AM
Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome 4 weeks for sure. Work hard & Play Harder!!

Big Skyz
06-26-2015, 11:03 AM
"In the past 4 weeks I've fish from Key West, Islamorada, St Augustine, to the outer banks of NC.
I've caught Brown trout, Rainbow, Stripers, Tarpon, Barracuda, Snook, Jack (salt water), redfish, Croker, Whiting, Triple tail, yellow tail, Flounder, an 8 foot nurse shark, sand sharks, black tip sharks, Bream, Crappie, Catfish (freshwater) Catfish (saltwater) Large Mouth bass, Smallmouth Bass, Jackfish (freshwater) Pompanos, Grinnel and probably a few others I cannot think of right now. Been a good year so far. Between a banner Turkey season and fishing I'm enjoying my time...."

I want to be just like the Captain if I ever grow up!

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 11:40 AM
I don't. It'd kill me.

Plus, I'd have had to buy 3 new freezers (I already have 3). In his case, I bet he didn't clean, keep, or probably even EAT one of them thingies. :fishing

And bragging on catching a grinnel is, well......a bit 'off'!! True Southerners wouldn't even admit such a thing. (I crack myself up)

Thumper
06-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Man! That thing is FUUUUGLY!! :hair

Nice lookin' fishy though. :D

Big Skyz
06-26-2015, 05:18 PM
I'm trying to think what the down side to this would be: " In his case, I bet he didn't clean, keep, or probably even EAT one of them thingies." Sounds like the perfect fishing trip to me.

Captain
06-26-2015, 05:22 PM
100 percent correct. I did not keep or clean a fish. Never do. In fact I don't even measure or weigh them anymore. If they are big I might take a picture of them. But I could care less about cleaning a fish.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 05:23 PM
Trout, redfish, crappie, catfish...............etc.........and not eat any of 'em??? That'd be a huge downside to me. It's why I go. I don't mind fishing for stuff I release, and having fun.........not against that. But I'd much rather catch supper.

Big fish fry tomorrow night.........for daughter, grandson, his buddies.........got a pile of crappie filets thawing. If there's anything better, I honestly don't know what it is.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 05:24 PM
But I wasn't dissing him for that. Just commenting that I bet he didn't clean 'em. And he said he didn't. And I was just saying that I would go into apoplexy for letting fine eating fish go back into the water.

Captain
06-26-2015, 07:28 PM
You know Bucky, thinking back I did in fact have the redfish filleted. So I guess my statement was not entirely correct. We brought the redfish fillets home from the Keys. We love them on the half shell grilled.

Nandy
06-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Nice feesh! You should had hook that gator and fight it, that would have made a nice video!

Captain
06-26-2015, 07:41 PM
I have hooked and caught small ones Nandy and they are a hoot and a half. But one that size would have not been fun long. That booger would come to within 10 feet of the boat. Wish I could post that video here.