PDA

View Full Version : USSC has been busy this week...

Chicken Dinner
06-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Obamacare and gay marriage are both now constitutional.

Sunshine
06-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Since I'm wrong on what my opinions are on this subject I'm deleting my opinions.

GOD HAVE MERCY ON THIS ONCE GREAT COUNTRY.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 11:37 AM
Sunny, no one voted for any of the SCOTUS members.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 11:38 AM
But I think any sentient being can now stop calling them a "Conservative Court".

Sunshine
06-26-2015, 11:53 AM
edited:my opinion means nothing

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 11:57 AM
Sunny, he hasn't (yet) appointed any of the SCOTUS members. And judgment belongs to God, not me. I hope NONE of them fry in hell. I hope no one does. I know they will, but I don't want them to.

And I dislike his policies and his position on life in general more than any person..........much less President........that I have ever encountered. But many folks don't, and being in the minority is sometimes just the way it is. I wish some things were different, for sure.

I'm glad I'm old. Least, I was yesterday, according to Mama. First time I ever got a b/d pie! Man it's good.

I've got to stop wringing my hands over my world crumbling. I'll admit, I've never seen or heard the degree of yelling and concern that I do on many chat sites, among many friends I have.........it's getting very loud. I contribute some, I admit. But I'm trying not to. It isn't helping any that I can tell.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 12:02 PM
And by the way, the biggest and most impacting part of these rulings is not even the religious or moral side of it...........not to me. The biggest hit here, the most stunning slap, is that for the most part, State's rights, and the voice of a State, just got thrown into the trash heap. The name of this country used to actually mean something. Now, it really needs to be changed......like just "America".....or something similar. There is no United and almost no reason for State.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 12:03 PM
“The operations of the federal government will be most extensive and important in times of war and danger; those of the State governments, in times of peace and security.”
― James Madison, The Federalist Papers

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 12:20 PM
I also believe that for schrodinger's cat, if you never ever open that box, that ultimately the cat will become two kinds of dead.

Thumper
06-26-2015, 01:42 PM
I hope GOD is watching all this and he (along with the rest of the nut jobs) spend their eternal lives frying in hell.

Huh?? :huh

Ha ha! When you get all worked up, your sentence structure goes to hell. :D

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 02:04 PM
My most interesting take from all this is that apparently the SCOTUS can override state law on homosexual marriage, but the states can override federal law on marijuana legality.

I honestly don't think that very many legal decisions lately are being made on a legal basis at all.

Chicken Dinner
06-26-2015, 02:23 PM
It's a whacky day when Bucky is the voice of reason. It is hard to figure this court out. They certainly got it right from a strict constructionist standpoint on RKBA in Heller. As Roberts said on the previous ACA ruling, be careful who you vote for as not all bad laws are unconstitutional.

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Well gee, thanks..........

Sunshine
06-26-2015, 02:55 PM
You know what I meant and yes I'm really pissed off about all of this.

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2015, 02:58 PM
So I guess you think people should burn in eternal damnation for a difference of opinion. Your version of Jesus sounds a lot like Mohammed.

I reckon the old WWJD question is out of the question huh? Enjoy your little cabin in the corner of heaven Sunny. I want no part of it. Maybe there'll be virgins there too.

Geeze.

BKB

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 02:58 PM
Well, this is the same wacky court that we were all touting when they ruled correctly over RKBA vs. Heller.

I think the world, including the SCOTUS, is simply in reactive mode and wearing full and complete PC armor, in every endeavor. I think PC is what rules the world now, in every aspect. Very little else matters.

Sunshine
06-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Post I don't feel like no Christian Right now.

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2015, 03:59 PM
I won't quote you, but suffice it to say that if you think all of the stuff you are tired of is the responsibility of the president, then you're honestly and truly never going to be happy because no president has been or ever will be responsible for 99% of that stuff.
But its your opinion and I respect that. I'm just a libtard and I guess I'm responsible sine I have a different opinion.

Carry on.

BKB

Sunshine
06-26-2015, 04:02 PM
edited: my opinion means nothing

BarryBobPosthole
06-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Well I'm tired of people bitching about shit that is for the most part solved in their own living rooms. the politicians are the symptom and not the problem. Talk about a society that is expected to begin taken care of? We bitch about the government like its responsible for our moral dilemmas, then we bitch because it doesn't fix them. We bitch and bitch and bitch. And then we bitch some more. And then we go back to our righteous lives.

Here's a hint. The government is of the people and for the people. We get what we deserve not what we expect.
Fix your own shit and the rest of the shit will take care of itself.

BKb

Buckrub
06-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Sure does seem this has got you riled up way more than the evil Conservitards.