PDA

View Full Version : 'this must be a first......

DeputyDog
06-27-2015, 02:59 PM
doesn't it?

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-lit-rainbow-colors-supreme-court-ruling-011752467--politics.html

What's your opinion? Not on the decision, just this reaction to it.

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 03:18 PM
http://www.goodhunting.info/showthread.php?6897-Guess-I-was-wrong

DeputyDog
06-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Sorry, I didn't see you'd posted it. I guess I missed it with all the hullabaloo in the other thread.

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 03:59 PM
haha. No problem.

Somehow, some crazy way, this one upsets me about as much as anything on this. It's sort of a "Here, Rest of America, Stick It In Your Face" kind of thing.

I can try to understand the logic some use, like Thump did, about "it doesn't affect me personally".............but that's not what this is. This is "I DEMAND that it affect you personally"........

I dunno. What I feel about all this can't be properly enunciated.

Sunshine
06-27-2015, 04:31 PM
You are absolutely correct Bucky!
It was "In your Face America, I can do whatever I want with YOUR HOUSE!" Like saying to American's:"You can't stop me!"

I think he's finally pushed to far!

DeputyDog
06-27-2015, 05:21 PM
I guess I feel that the President should be above things like that. If he needed to make a statement about the decision, say something like "The Supreme Court has issued it's decision, and it is now the law of the land. We may not all agree with the decision, but we need to move on and accept the decision"

I also think that he should have kept his opinion to himself on the Trayvon Martin case, the Ferguson case, Baltimore, etc... at least until all the facts were in and the courts have had a chance to do their thing.

DeputyDog
06-27-2015, 05:21 PM
I guess I feel that the President should be above things like that. If he needed to make a statement about the decision, say something like "The Supreme Court has issued it's decision, and it is now the law of the land. We may not all agree with the decision, but we need to move on and accept the decision". Barak Obama has a right to his own opinion, but he needs to remember that as POTUS, he symbolizes more than just himself, and temper what he does and says out of respect for the "office of President"

I also think that he should have kept his opinion to himself on the Trayvon Martin case, the Ferguson case, Baltimore, etc... at least until all the facts were in and the courts have had a chance to do their thing.

Thumper
06-27-2015, 07:08 PM
I guess I now have a standard answer to most anything these days ... "I could give a rat's ass".

Is it REALLY worth getting your blood pressure up over something as trivial as this? What's the point?

Buckrub
06-27-2015, 10:45 PM
You're right. Get upset over nothing. Nothing matters. Absolutely nothing. Truly meaningless. Most of life is meaningless, anyway, huh? Why give a rat's ass about anything? No point in it!

Going to bed. I am upset I stayed up so long.

Thumper
06-28-2015, 10:40 AM
Tell me, what frigging difference does it make in the overall picture of the world? Did it hurt anyone? I swear, half the time I drop in here all I can think of is this place is full of Gladys Kravitz'! ;)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pVR2EyrjrBs/Tq4cbTkoK8I/AAAAAAAAH2c/HE8FgjFSwBI/s1600/e23f994a-5a77-4411-b954-e366baa130b6.jpg

Buckrub
06-28-2015, 10:41 AM
No, I ain't gonna tell you. You're like a pothead, I swear. If nothing gets your panties in a wad, fine. Goody for you. Some stuff gets mine. My view is as valid as your view, probably more so cause I'm right more often!!!

:)

Thumper
06-28-2015, 10:47 AM
I probably get my panties in a wad on a daily basis Gladys ... errr, I mean dufus! I just don't run around LOOKING for EXTRA things to wad my panties. :D